The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

this should be added to posts in the beginning of the thread when we can confirm 100% it is accurate. I was always struggling to find the last version of this lost in this thread.

On Floor 2 The room in the back corner labeled as 0248 was room 0244 when i stayed there in early Jan, not sure if its the same of all of the rooms stacked on top of it.
Also @ehh for the room number edits. That Duo labeled 1217 is 1221.

Reactions: ehh

Thanks for updating the rooms with the latest information. (Honestly, it 's fun just to read about the resort. :) )

I'm glad to see that some rooms (**27 -standard view) have tubs, but I was wondering if anyone has noticed if there are any preferred view studios that have tubs, too? If not, it might influence the booking category if someone must have a tub for small children in the family.

What I find interesting every time I see this picture is all the water. I'm sure it won't be exactly like this but gives me the feeling that I'll need to hoop on a boat at VDH and ride around the whole DFoward park. Or maybe it’s going to be a giant lazy river with 2000 rafts! ; )
Uhh, water?

*edit*
I think you’re looking at “ehh” picture around the volcano or whatever that is?
My image was of Harbor and Katella. (about the Hyatt). :)

Last edited:
Thanks for updating the rooms with the latest information. (Honestly, it 's fun just to read about the resort. :) )

I'm glad to see that some rooms (**27 -standard view) have tubs, but I was wondering if anyone has noticed if there are any preferred view studios that have tubs, too? If not, it might influence the booking category if someone must have a tub for small children in the family.
I try to pull out things from video room tours. In the room view thread we have 0333. From the indicators of this video and being over the fitness center, this is 0331 with a tub. Also in the room view thread 0531 says “tub”. That stack like those standards might all have them.

No, I’m very familiar with where VDH is… I’m asking if they specified where the money would be spent.
1. In the lot next to VDH.
2. Across Harbor
3. Toy Story lot

Hyatt is on the corner in the red circle.
My guess is they try and buy out the Hyatt and demolish it (and possibly the hampton inn on the opposite side), or they just build around it. In the rendering it looks like they've built around it.

Considering the tiny parcel of land the former Carousel Inn sat on cost Disney $32M back in 2015, I'd be surprised if they would be able to pony up the $$$ given the current state of the company and the economy, and this is assuming the property owners would even be willing to sell in the first place.

My guess is they try and buy out the Hyatt and demolish it (and possibly the hampton inn on the opposite side), or they just build around it. In the rendering it looks like they've built around it.
Yea, they have many options over there in Toy Story... they can build a decent sized park with what they already own, or even better if they can get possession of any of the outer properties.

These 2 videos show many different possibilities. (the whole playlist is great, but these 2 are mainly about Toy Story & Gardenwalk)

I don't think there's an ice cube's chance in hell that either of the major chain hotels on Katella sell to Disney. Owning those locations is the equivalent of having a dump truck full of cash showing up at your bank every Friday. I can definitely see both of the "legacy" motels that remain on the south side of Katella getting bought out, as well as maybe those remining on the north side of the street (King's Inn and America's Best Value Inn) and possibly the Hotel Lulu on Harbor, but I think the Hampton Inn and Hyatt House are safe.

My understanding of Disneyland Forward was that Disney already has the property required. Thus the need to change the zoned usage. Happy for others to correct my thinking.
From what I understand, they already own all of the primary land required for the proposed redevelopment. The question is how much additional land have they bought up that is currently being leased to other parties. Kinda like Orlando 50 years ago, Disney has been quietly buying up land around Disneyland since the early 90's, and slowly utilizing it as expansion needs dictated. The speculation right now is how many other isolated islands of land has Disney already purchased, but is still leasing out.

Prime examples would be Candy Cane Inn and the rest of that parcel of land on the northwest corner of Harbor and Katella (which everyone knows Disney doesn't own) that DCA literally wraps around. That is virtually the only piece of land Disney doesn't own from Katella to the 5, and from Harbor to West (Disneyland Drive).

Other parcels of land include those mentioned around the Toy Story lot (including some apartments south of the parking lot and former home of Adam the Woo), as well as who actually owns The Anaheim Hotel on Harbor, as well as who actually owns Gardenwalk (which would be the prime corridor for a transportation system between the proposed east side parking structure and whatever they build on the Toy Story property. Lastly, there is speculation about the property at 1477 S. Manchester, the West Coast University building. It would be uncomfortably close to the new parking structure as its southern property line is almost in line with the Carousel Inn property that Disney purchased to use as a pedestrian /transportation corridor between the new structure and the Esplanade. It is the last commercial building anywhere between Disneyland Drive and the 5, and demoing it would leave a buffer between the new structure and the two new hotels recently constructed on Manchester (Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn Express).

A prime example of leased property confirmed to be owned by Disney is the USCIS building at 1585 S. Manchester Avenue, which is sitting on the absolute center of the proposed east side parking structure. The building at 1515 S. Manchester (demolished and converted to a parking lot) is also owned by Disney. Both were purchased back in 2015, at the same time as the demolished Carousel Inn. but continue to be leased out to non-Disney entities.

Last edited:
On Floor 2 The room in the back corner labeled as 0248 was room 0244 when i stayed there in early Jan, not sure if its the same of all of the rooms stacked on top of it.
Also @ehh for the room number edits. That Duo labeled 1217 is 1221.
I try to pull out things from video room tours. In the room view thread we have 0333. From the indicators of this video and being over the fitness center, this is 0331 with a tub. Also in the room view thread 0531 says “tub”. That stack like those standards might all have them.
Exactly the type of info I need, thanks!

My understanding of Disneyland Forward was that Disney already has the property required. Thus the need to change the zoned usage. Happy for others to correct my thinking.
Yes, they own enough to change the zoning they want, but I would assume they just want to get as much land as possible before they build a park or anything substantial, because as soon as they announce it, the price doubles around them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter