The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Yes. It's a very nice laundry room on the 1st floor. There was a basket with detergent when I looked in. What I didn't investigate was if you needed to pick up tokens from the front desk or someplace but would guess so. That is how it works at VGC.
You pick up a card from the front desk. Apparently they load a certain number of loads onto the card. Some have been told it’s a hard limit of 1 load. Some have been asked how many they need.

I have a split stay coming up. We used points at VDH for 3 nights then the last night we paid cash for a regular room at the Disneyland hotel. I’ve read several posts about parking, I wondering if anyone has experience with this type of stay? I imagine the 3 nights will be free and I’ll pay for parking the last day.

Did we cross paths at checkout 😃 ? Just finished 5 nights in a 2BR. We had no issues with our 2BR. Loved the fantasia theming. The faucet in our 1BR in Nov. leaked though every time you turned it on. We stopped running the dishwasher when leaving after house cleaning told us as part of the room cleaning (after checkout) they have to wash everything (even the unused items) anyways.

Did we cross paths at checkout 😃 ? Just finished 5 nights in a 2BR. We had no issues with our 2BR. Loved the fantasia theming. The faucet in our 1BR in Nov. leaked though every time you turned it on. We stopped running the dishwasher when leaving after house cleaning told us as part of the room cleaning (after checkout) they have to wash everything (even the unused items) anyways.
We just finished 2 nights in 0237… we should have organized a DISBoard meetup at the Palm Breeze with all of the DISBoarders there this weekend!

So we ran the dishwasher in our 1BD villa before checking out today and it caused a little knob by the sink to explode like a geyser and start to flood the room until we turned the dishwasher off.

I’m glad one of us wasn’t near the sink when it happened.
That’s the dishwasher air gap. Someone put too much crud in the dishwasher, or down the kitchen sink and clogged things up, then when the dishwasher went to drain, the water came out of the air gap.

That’s the dishwasher air gap. Someone put too much crud in the dishwasher, or down the kitchen sink and clogged things up, then when the dishwasher went to drain, the water came out of the air gap.
My wife said the dishwasher had maybe run for 5 minutes before the incident and said she ran the garbage disposal before starting the dishwasher as part of her routine.

We barely used the sink otherwise…. pretty shocking that would happen in this new of construction….

We wanted to give a quick heads up to anyone thinking of making the investment of points and booking a night in the 3BR Grand Villa at VDH. Sadly the room that is allocated to us to rent with points (0920) is not ready for prime time and was in need of some major love. I'll write up a more detailed trip report this weekend but the TLDR is as follows -

Enough items were broken and need of repair when we checked out I read a laundry list to guest services and he offered to work with us to compensate.

-Fake fireplace between living room and balcony is broken and only about a third of it works
- Huge gap in the insulation in the door from the main downstairs bedroom to outside that constantly had a gust of wind rushing through it making a noise/whistle the entire time. I had to use quite a bit of force to get the door to shut successfully and this really bothered @MrsNVDISFamily
- The wardrobe in the master was not usable. One door was about to fall off the hinges the entire time. I had to carefully wrestle it and apply a lot of force to open the door and support with one hand and stuff things in with the other
- The GFCI outlets on the backspash blew when we tried to use the toaster and were not able to reset. We had to move the coffee maker and toaster to the island to use them
- We had nuts and bolts falling off multiple chairs in the rooms, dining room, etc.

With all of that said, if you just need the room for a quick party it does that job well. Our son had an awesome birthday party in the room. It's beautiful but it needs some love. The storage in the master also sucks. If we had to stay for more than a few nights we would likely have to store our laundry upstairs.

We wanted to give a quick heads up to anyone thinking of making the investment of points and booking a night in the 3BR Grand Villa at VDH. Sadly the room that is allocated to us to rent with points (0920) is not ready for prime time and was in need of some major love. I'll write up a more detailed trip report this weekend but the TLDR is as follows -

Enough items were broken and need of repair when we checked out I read a laundry list to guest services and he offered to work with us to compensate.

-Fake fireplace between living room and balcony is broken and only about a third of it works
- Huge gap in the insulation in the door from the main downstairs bedroom to outside that constantly had a gust of wind rushing through it making a noise/whistle the entire time. I had to use quite a bit of force to get the door to shut successfully and this really bothered @MrsNVDISFamily
- The wardrobe in the master was not usable. One door was about to fall off the hinges the entire time. I had to carefully wrestle it and apply a lot of force to open the door and support with one hand and stuff things in with the other
- The GFCI outlets on the backspash blew when we tried to use the toaster and were not able to reset. We had to move the coffee maker and toaster to the island to use them
- We had nuts and bolts falling off multiple chairs in the rooms, dining room, etc.

With all of that said, if you just need the room for a quick party it does that job well. Our son had an awesome birthday party in the room. It's beautiful but it needs some love. The storage in the master also sucks. If we had to stay for more than a few nights we would likely have to store our laundry upstairs.
I'm so thankful you were full and honest with reporting so they can hopefully fix most/all for future guests. Hope you were compensated for dealing with so many issues. Glad the party went well and hopefully guests enjoyed the space.
Now we just need to find someone who stays in it soon-ish to report in on issues they have (same or different) cuz yeah for the amount of points (and for it to be the crown jewel of a resort), it should be an amazing stay eventually (with normal wear and tear/issues). It really probably does need a few stays for some of kinks to rear their heads though sounds like an items were just shotty work. Hi to @MrsNVDISFamily!

Sorry your experience wasn’t great either, but I’m glad your son had a great party! I would like to meetup and have a drink together if we ever happen to be on property at the same time again!

My next scheduled trips are 2/22; 3/21-26; and 11/20-25

Thanks for sharing and reporting.

Tacking on to Astro Blasters comment, my wife and I will be at DL/VDH February 4-7 if anyone is around to say hi. We'll be in a Duo. First time trying one of these out.

Last edited:
I have a split stay coming up. We used points at VDH for 3 nights then the last night we paid cash for a regular room at the Disneyland hotel. I’ve read several posts about parking, I wondering if anyone has experience with this type of stay? I imagine the 3 nights will be free and I’ll pay for parking the last day.
Reporting back. The 3 nights booked with points at VDH had no charge for parking as expected. I was only charged for the 1 night booked with cash at the hotel. Everything was automatic. Didn’t even have to move the car 👍🏼👍🏼

We just finished 6 nights a week ago, no charges for DVC when parking (our rental).

Tip for those driving/parking, check the convention/event schedule, the lots can quickly fill up if there is an evening event going on.
Also, don't be afraid of going straight up to the upper level of the parking structure. People often overlook it and go straight to the parking lot. There is a set of doors at the south end of the structure (closest to the new tower) that open to the main convention center staircase. The staircase leads right down to the foyer adjacent to the entrance to Goofy's Kitchen and the remodeled Lounge, and it's a short walk from there to the DVC tower.

Also, don't be afraid of going straight up to the upper level of the parking structure. People often overlook it and go straight to the parking lot. There is a set of doors at the south end of the structure (closest to the new tower) that open to the main convention center staircase. The staircase leads right down to the foyer adjacent to the entrance to Goofy's Kitchen and the remodeled Lounge, and it's a short walk from there to the DVC tower.
That’s my favorite place to park! In November when we were staying at VDH there was some night time event going on (everyone was extremely well dressed) I got one of the last 2-3 spots on the roof!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter