The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Yes, they reduced availability starting mid-August 2024 and later. Also possibly earlier, I don't look retroactively since any inventory reduction is most likely explained by people booking.

As for why, future availability and inventory can be thought of as a prediction of declarations, which are a prediction of sales. They must have declared more than they have sold at any given point, and inventory is a reflection of the declarations. Max inventory indicates the maximum they expect to have sold by any date in the future. An interpretation of this is that they adjusted their sales predictions downward.

As for the 3BR GVs, they only built two GVs. One is wheelchair accessible and the other is non-accessible. They declared the wheelchair accessible unit first (in fact, they appeared to declare all HA rooms very early) and sales will need to progress until they declare the non-accessible unit.

Unless I am totally off in understanding things, once declared, rooms available are not based on sales.

If sales speed up or slow down, they can amend how they declare, but they can’t just take rooms from inventory because sales slowed.

This is a very concerning trend and I wonder if @drusba can weigh in. I have sent an email to DVC to forward to management to get an examination as to explain what you are seeing.

Unless I am totally off in understanding things, once declared, rooms available are not based on sales.

If sales speed up or slow down, they can amend how they declare, but they can’t just take rooms from inventory because sales slowed.

This is a very concerning trend and I wonder if @drusba can weigh in. I have sent an email to DVC to forward to management to get an examination as to explain what you are seeing.
The key is that the rooms in inventory 11m from now have not necessarily been declared yet. There is WAY more inventory at 11m than what declaration paperwork has been submitted for (both VDH and RIV).

Inventory increases appear every couple of months or so. I expect the corresponding Units to be declared officially closer to the Inventory Increase Date.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to the VDH fixed week chart? I seem to have lost it.

I just wanted to get a clarification on the Hotel Occupancy Tax. I saw someone on the boards that the 2024 tax was higher, but then according to the chart posted on the DVC website it is the same as 2023. Which is right? I want to make sure I budget accordingly

I just wanted to get a clarification on the Hotel Occupancy Tax. I saw someone on the boards that the 2024 tax was higher, but then according to the chart posted on the DVC website it is the same as 2023. Which is right? I want to make sure I budget accordingly
You're right that it was originally announced to be higher in 2024 than it was in 2023. $2.73 in 2023 vs. $2.78 in 2024.

DVC has 2023 and 2024 charts posted here: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/pre-arrival-checklist/vdh-transient-tax but oddly 2023 also shows $2.78/pt on this PDF.

I was able to find old URLs for prior PDFs of 2023 TOT, but it looks like they've been removed:
https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...eyland-hotel/VDH_2023_Estimated_TOT_Chart.pdf
https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...tel/Final-VDH-2023-Estimated-TOT-Chart-v2.pdf

I will note that both say "estimated", so I guess it changed at some point.

Can someone with a recent stay look at their folio and see what they paid?

EDIT: here's a post with a screenshot of it: https://www.disboards.com/threads/vdh-points-chart-is-live.3916631/page-11#post-64753703, definitely shows $2.73 (actually $2.73375 based on the $546.75 at the 200pt/night GV during peak weekends).

Last edited:
You're right that it was originally announced to be higher in 2024 than it was in 2023. $2.73 in 2023 vs. $2.78 in 2024.

DVC has 2023 and 2024 charts posted here: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/pre-arrival-checklist/vdh-transient-tax but oddly 2023 also shows $2.78/pt on this PDF.

I was able to find old URLs for prior PDFs of 2023 TOT, but it looks like they've been removed:
https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...eyland-hotel/VDH_2023_Estimated_TOT_Chart.pdf
https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...tel/Final-VDH-2023-Estimated-TOT-Chart-v2.pdf

I will note that both say "estimated", so I guess it changed at some point.

Can someone with a recent stay look at their folio and see what they paid?

EDIT: here's a post with a screenshot of it: https://www.disboards.com/threads/vdh-points-chart-is-live.3916631/page-11#post-64753703, definitely shows $2.73 (actually $2.73375 based on the $546.75 at the 200pt/night GV during peak weekends).
I had a 2-night reservation 10/9-10/11. Used 46 points, was charged $127.88, or exactly $2.78 per point.

I was able to order Trader Sam's drinks from the pool at the main pool in August (not the pool at VDH). Love Trader Sam's!!!! I bet one could order Trader drinks from the VDH pool, too?

For those who have been in a Duo, do you think a ECV would fit. I am no longer able to walk for a whole day and would prefer to rent from offsite so I have it for DTD as well.

I expect it will be tight and I could move up to a SV villa but I honestly think a Duo would fit my particular vibe being a solo traveler.

*** Sorry just saw an earlier post/same question, but leaving it up incase anyone has more info.

Last edited:
For those who have been in a Duo, do you think a ECV would fit. I am no longer able to walk for a whole day and would prefer to rent from offsite so I have it for DTD as well.

I expect it will be tight and I could move up to a SV villa but I honestly think a Duo would fit my particular vibe being a solo traveler.
IMHO: A Duo would only be able to fit an ECV when the murphy bed is lifted up. I don't think you'd have room to maneuver in an ECV if the bed was down, unless you were strictly going forwards and backwards and not turning. There's plenty of room in the bathroom though...

I would say that the non-balcony Duo might have had SLIGHTLY more room than the one with a balcony. But that might just be perspective and not actually be true.

*** Sorry just saw an earlier post/same question, but leaving it up incase anyone has more info.
Reserve it from Scooter Bug. They are an offsite rental company with onsite presence. You pick up the ECV at Baggage Claim in front of DLH. They can give you hints on where to park it overnight.

We just stayed in a Duo Studio and I would not want to have to try and fit an ECV in one. Very, very limited hallway space and no space in main part of the room with the bed down.

In WDW hotels and villas I have seen ECV parked and plugged in charging in the hallways. Not sure if this is an option at the DLH villas. Might want to call and check.

We just stayed in a Duo Studio and I would not want to have to try and fit an ECV in one. Very, very limited hallway space and no space in main part of the room with the bed down.

In WDW hotels and villas I have seen ECV parked and plugged in charging in the hallways. Not sure if this is an option at the DLH villas. Might want to call and check.
This is a fire code and safety issue. It would be blocking exit routes. I used to see it quite often too but haven’t on our last several stays.

For those of you have stayed in a Duo Studio, what would you do for a 9 night stay (we are a couple in our 30s/40s):
  1. Do 9 nights in a Garden Duo Studio
  2. Do 9 nights in a Non-Garden Duo Studio
  3. Split 4 nights in a Non-Garden Duo Studio and 5 nights in a Non-Garden Deluxe studio

For those of you have stayed in a Duo Studio, what would you do for a 9 night stay (we are a couple in our 30s/40s):
  3. Split 4 nights in a Non-Garden Duo Studio and 5 nights in a Non-Garden Deluxe studio
I can only speak from our experience and in my opinion 9 nights in a standard duo studio would be too long (Can’t comment on the garden duo). We stayed four nights and thats about the maxim I would have felt comfortable in a duo studio. The rooms are really small and cramped, especially with the bed down. In The future we’d only be staying in the deluxe studio as the extra room is worth the extra points/cost to us.

I can only speak from our experience and in my opinion 9 nights in a standard duo studio would be too long (Can’t comment on the garden duo). We stayed four nights and thats about the maxim I would have felt comfortable in a duo studio. The rooms are really small and cramped, especially with the bed down. In The future we’d only be staying in the deluxe studio as the extra room is worth the extra points/cost to us.
Thanks. Right now we are in a garden duo for 9 but are nearing the 7 month mark when we know we won't be able to change easily. The ideal situation is that 2 days into the 7 month booking period the standard view studio is still available and we can use our SSR points to cover the 19 we are short with our VDH points.

I think the answer is going to depend on how much time you plan on spending in the room. If you're going to have park/pool heavy days where only a minimal time is spent in the room, I would go with #2. Otherwise, I would suggest #1. The Duo can feel really cramped, especially when the bed is down. But the extra large balcony with the Garden Duo can be used as extra lounging space (weather permitting).

Unless you know you'll be claustrophobic or if you'll know you'll be hosting guests in the room, I would avoid the split stay. (extra points, extra stress)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter