• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Just back from our CA vacation and a couple of our opinions on the Duo Studio rooms. We stayed in 0528 standard view with a balcony.

The rooms are really small with what I thought was wasted space. The balcony and bathroom could both be at least a foot narrower to give the room a little more space around the bed when it’s pulled down.

The real plates and glasses are not really a bonus because there is no sink to wash them in (other than the bathroom sink..,gross) and they didn’t provide dishwashing soap. Paper would be a much better option in these rooms.

There really isn’t a lot of space to put your stuff. We only stayed 4 days so didn’t completely unpack. We moved the two little tables from under the bed over into the entryway to put our suitcases on. The counter space is limited because it is so narrow. The chair stuck in the corner and the free standing chair are basically useless when the bed is down.

We found the bed to be really comfortable and the pillows were just right. I’m pretty fussy about pillows and these were perfect for me.

Definitely a room for only two people but we prefer the extra room a deluxe studio offers.

As a side note. The Lounge in the DLH (old Steakhouse 55 area) is terrific. The food we had, burger, club sandwich and chicken wings were excellent. The burger was one of the best I’ve had. The bartenders we had, David and Devon were great. The service was excellent.

Last edited:
Just back from our CA vacation and a couple of our opinions on the Duo Studio rooms. We stayed in 0528 standard view with a balcony.
Ok I'll bit. What are your opinions of the Duo Studio?
I have a vested interested as we have a Duo booked this February.

The rooms are really small with what I thought was wasted space. The balcony and bathroom could both be at least a foot narrower to give the room a little more space around the bed when it’s pulled down.

The real plates and glasses are not really a bonus because there is no sink to wash them in (other than the bathroom sink..,gross) and they didn’t provide dishwashing soap. Paper would be a much better option in these rooms.

There really isn’t a lot of space to put your stuff. We only stayed 4 days so didn’t completely unpack. We moved the two little tables from under the bed over into the entryway to put our suitcases on. The counter space is limited because it is so narrow. The chair stuck in the corner and the free standing chair are basically useless when the bed is down.

We found the bed to be really comfortable and the pillows were just right. I’m pretty fussy about pillows and these were perfect for me.

Definitely a room for only two people but we prefer the extra room a deluxe studio offers.

As a side note. The Lounge in the DLH (old Steakhouse 55 area) is terrific. The food we had, burger, club sandwich and chicken wings were excellent. The burger was one of the best I’ve had. The bartenders we had, David and Devon were great. The service was excellent.
Might have been an oversight because I had a dish towel, dish soap and sponge with the real plates on my second stay.

Attachments

• IMG_9809.jpeg
    IMG_9809.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 6
Why is the bathroom sink gross? Plus, you reserved a duo studio, which is one step above a closet, so yeah, they can't fit everything in there. It's the same as the tower studios at Riviera.

Why is the bathroom sink gross? Plus, you reserved a duo studio, which is one step above a closet, so yeah, they can't fit everything in there. It's the same as the tower studios at Riviera.
I know what we reserved but thanks for reminding me.

I don’t wash dishes in my bathroom sink at home so I don’t expect to when I travel. I think mixing brushing my teeth and washing garbage down the same sink is gross.

Finally, like I said these were our opinions and everyone else is welcome to theirs!!

Might have been an oversight because I had a dish towel, dish soap and sponge with the real plates on my second stay.
That could be because we definitely didn’t have them. I even got down on the floor to look.

It almost feels real....

1697615881137.png

Working crazy hours to clear the work inbox and also already canceled most of my meetings for the 2nd half of next week :)

Surprisingly a lot of my peers in my profession are also going to be at Disneyland for Nevada day and they love talking to me about the new tower and the DVC lounge. Also looking forward to our first OBB!

It almost feels real....

View attachment 802955

Working crazy hours to clear the work inbox and also already canceled most of my meetings for the 2nd half of next week :)

Surprisingly a lot of my peers in my profession are also going to be at Disneyland for Nevada day and they love talking to me about the new tower and the DVC lounge. Also looking forward to our first OBB!
I got into a Wizard’s Duel with Madam Mim… I highly recommend it! (FYI, she’s going to win) 🤣

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter