The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Touringplans initially said on their instagram something to the effect of 'people who get to check into their rooms earlier are influencers/bloggers and 4pm is for everyone else (points / cash stays)'. However, according to their latest story, it looks like they also got to check in early.

I think we got lucky with the room being ready. We paid full price for the room (in points).

Thanks for all the posts and sharing of info DVC Family!

Other than how amazing it looks and being even happier that I got off the fence and bought points, I have two main thoughts....

1 - Interesting how the two "restricted" resorts leaned in hard on art and seem to have done it so well that they will sell you the art in the gift shop and you very much may want to buy it. Seems like a great trend and one that they will likely continue with the new resorts... Looing forward to see what they do at Poly 2 and the Fort Wilderness Cabins.

2 - I need more points.....

Thank you to everyone sharing your experiences from opening weekend! I'm staying in a 1 bedroom end of October and considering finally joining DVC now that there are two options at Disneyland. I go on a lot of solo trips to Disneyland so the smaller rooms would be perfect for just me. The whole place looks amazing!

Has anyone that's there now heard an opening date for the pool bar? I saw somewhere it just says "fall 2023". TIA!

Since I've incessantly watched a good 5 or so room walkthroughs, something to note is that there are deluxe studios with just a shower and deluxe studios with a bath tub. However, it's not a booking type (yet).

I don't care, but important to note for folks with small kids.

Interesting how the two "restricted" resorts leaned in hard on art and seem to have done it so well that they will sell you the art in the gift shop and you very much may want to buy it. Seems like a great trend and one that they will likely continue with the new resorts... Looking forward to see what they do at Poly 2 and the Fort Wilderness Cabins.

I don't think it has anything to do with restrictions. The Disney Wish also has this "opportunity." I think someone at DVD thought, "Hurmmmm. We could make some of our money back we spent on this artwork if we just sell it on demand. Let's also keep it exclusive to the kiosk inside that specific hotel to make it special."

It's one of the few "new" Disney income streams I support. 🤣

I wish they would do this for some of the copied archival material that's in the resort (like the character models), but they won't.

Since I've incessantly watched a good 5 or so room walkthroughs, something to note is that there are deluxe studios with just a shower and deluxe studios with a bath tub. However, it's not a booking type (yet).

I don't care, but important to note for folks with small kids.
The bathtub category is bookable as an accessibility category.

What room walkthrough showed the bathtub?

Loving all the videos and pictures!!

This one in particular has an honest & interesting perspective on comparing the DL DVC to the other Disney resorts and toured 3 different rooms:
Thanks for this. I've been on the hunt for a view outside the windows. I came across this at the 15:16 mark from the 3BR Grand Villa. Nice view of Grand Cal and Guardians (some of the parking lot). Guessing will be lovely views of the fireworks at night.

15:16
1696012627436.png

18:50
1696013070858.png

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I've been on the hunt for a view outside the windows. I came across this at the 15:16 mark from the 3BR Grand Villa. Nice view of Grand Cal and Guardians (some of the parking lot). Guessing will be lovely views of the fireworks at night.

15:16
View attachment 797764

18:50
View attachment 797765
Yeah, I think between the two DH buildings on your second picture there should be at least a partial view of fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter