The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

I currently have a 4 night reservation: 1BR, 1BR, 1BR, ST, 1BR.

I have a waitlist to get the studio replaced with a 1 bedroom.

If I replaced that studio with a 1BR hearing impaired, and my waitlist never comes through....
can a reservation of 1BR, 1BR, 1BR, 1BR HI, 1BR be 'merged' together so I stay in the same room, or are 1BR and 1BR HI considered different room types and cannot be 'merged'?
Normally the accessible rooms are not considered the same category so I say you can’t merge them. But can’t hurt to ask since they might want to help you out to avoid that extra housekeeping work.

Had a little fun today and took a detour to the BOB building to finalize our contracts in person. They don’t do this too much anymore but we live in one of the few states that still require physical paper docs to buy DVC….

@MrsNVDISFamily took a bunch of photos of the VDH model in there. Also, had to take a picture of the golf cart with the Mickey cushions to show my dad :)

IMG_3469.jpeg
IMG_3441.jpeg
IMG_3474.jpeg
IMG_3464.jpeg
IMG_3431.jpeg

VDH Duo Balconies 1.jpgVDH Duo Balconies 2.jpg

Looks like the models indicate balconies on some Duo Studios. 1st picture is all of the Preferred View Duos facing the Palette Pool, 2nd is the majority of the Standard View Duos.

I don't think this 'out of date', as the Condo Plan in the POS also indicated balconies for these rooms (at least on the rooms declared on floors 3 and 4, but no reason to believe higher floors will be balcony-less).

Will be a nice little surprise to guests staying in these, or a very popular room request, I think.

View attachment 783038View attachment 783039

Looks like the models indicate balconies on some Duo Studios. 1st picture is all of the Preferred View Duos facing the Palette Pool, 2nd is the majority of the Standard View Duos.

I don't think this 'out of date', as the Condo Plan in the POS also indicated balconies for these rooms (at least on the rooms declared on floors 3 and 4, but no reason to believe higher floors will be balcony-less).

Will be a nice little surprise to guests staying in these, or a very popular room request, I think.
Very cool visual and yes this is going to make Duos even more popular! Interesting they didn’t include balconies on the ones on either side of the grand villas.

View attachment 783038View attachment 783039

If there’s actual balconies for the prefer and standards, then I’m gonna cancel my garden rooms. 😅🤣

I think those are probably the 1br. If you look at the cash booking website, only garden Duos list inclusion of a balcony while standard and preferred don't even say "may include" as some other DLH categories do. And then if you look at the pics of the 1br, you'll notice the balcony doesn't extend to the bedroom, only the living room and would fit this small profile. But that said, if this is the case I'm unsure what we're looking at on the standard view side since there are no 1brs or 2brs there.

I think those are probably the 1br. If you look at the cash booking website, only garden Duos list inclusion of a balcony while standard and preferred don't even say "may include" as some other DLH categories do. And then if you look at the pics of the 1br, you'll notice the balcony doesn't extend to the bedroom, only the living room and would fit this small profile. But that said, if this is the case I'm unsure what we're looking at on the standard view side since there are no 1brs or 2brs there.
They are not 1BRs or 2BRs. These are where Duos are in the original proposed floor plans, which is supported by the Condo Plan in the POS.

I really cannot wait until we can start getting into these rooms and uncovering all these room secrets! Especially excited to find where the Sleeping Beauty rooms are located 😍

They are not 1BRs or 2BRs. These are where Duos are in the original proposed floor plans, which is supported by the Condo Plan in the POS.
Just to show what I'm pointing out, here's floor 3 from the original proposal:
Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 5.18.37 PM.png

Here's the Duos in question highlighted:
Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 5.19.42 PM.png

Here's the Condo Plan for Floor 3 out of the POS, same Duo area highlighted (you can see the balconies in the plan, too):
Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 5.20.46 PM.png

And then here's everything overlaid:
Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 5.22.00 PM.png

They pretty much built what they said they were going to build, and those are Duos.

They pretty much built what they said they were going to build, and those are Duos.
Just to confirm (cause I might be excited), you're saying it appears there are balconies for both standard and preferred views for Duos? Does anyone know where the Duo Accessible rooms may fall into the floorplans?

Just to confirm (cause I might be excited), you're saying it appears there are balconies for both standard and preferred views for Duos?
It does appear there are balconies for some Duo SV and PV rooms, but not all. Not sure if we've seen photos of the completed construction to confirm it, but the Condo Plan in the POS indicates balconies. The Condo Plan should be accurate.

Does anyone know where the Duo Accessible rooms may fall into the floorplans?
I'm not sure we can discern that from the floor plans, but maybe others know how. This info might only come after it opens.

Not to derail (or maybe there is a better place to ask?), but...

What is the current going rate (after discounts for 150points, etc), do they still have the magical beginnings, or other. I think I remember it worked out to be down around $185pp after all the discounts.?
Trying to do the math on if a 150 (50x3) contract is worth doing over just a simple 50pt with no discounts, and what the bottom-line is if financed vs not.
50pts at $230 ($11,500) vs 150pts at $185 ($9,250 per 50pts) could be well worth doing (saving $2250 per 50pts could be worth financing)

What is the current going rate (after discounts for 150points, etc), do they still have the magical beginnings, or other. I think I remember it worked out to be down around $185pp after all the discounts.?
Trying to do the math on if a 150 (50x3) contract is worth doing over just a simple 50pt with no discounts, and what the bottom-line is if financed vs not.
50pts at $230 ($11,500) vs 150pts at $185 ($9,250 per 50pts) could be well worth doing (saving $2250 per 50pts could be worth financing)
Keep in mind the closing costs are per each contract so times 3 if that's what you choose to do.

Does anyone know where to find a map of the Disneyland Resort that includes the new DVC Tower? I can't find this anywhere on Disney's website. Maybe they're waiting to put this out on Sept 28?

Does anyone know if the new pool and splash pad will be exclusively for VDH guests (like BLT) or if they will be able to be used by the DLH guests too (like BRV)?

They are still doing magical beginnings (subject to change) but no welcome home offer for VDH :( I will say, closing costs were cheaper compared to the FL properties which seems odd 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter