The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

So, I guess I'm allowed to join this thread now since we added on 100 pts at VDH today. Grabbed a duo studio for next June via chat. Will be interested to see what availability looks like tomorrow.
We included "and Fans" to make sure everyone feels welcome here. That said... Welcome Home (again), Neighbor! Same - excited to finally play the availability game with this resort - tee hee.

We included "and Fans" to make sure everyone feels welcome here. That said... Welcome Home (again), Neighbor! Same - excited to finally play the availability game with this resort - tee hee.
I know, I was just kidding :-)

We actually had not thought about purchasing at VDH at all until this weekend when we couldn't find an off-site hotel we could agree on and the rack rates at the 3 DL hotels are just so high we couldn't justify paying them. So DVC it was.....

Thank you for the detailed explanations.

One thing I don't get is that if they only add inventory to 11m+, then there will only be one 1 bdrm and two 2 bdrms available for, say, Easter Spring Break. I'd think a lot of VDH owners might want to go that week. They wouldn't be able to get what they wanted, but NEXT Easter Spring Break there would be larger quantities.
The 72 rooms currently declared include the original 61 (which had the very limited quantity of 1BR and 2BR that you reference), plus:
  • 2 Duos (likely SV)
  • 4 Studios (likely SV)
  • 2 Dedicated 2-Bedrooms
  • 3 Lock-off 2-Bedrooms
So as of now, the lone dedicated 1BR and at least four 2BRLO and four dedicated 2BR have been declared for all dates.

Plus they might have done additional 'future dated' declarations that start Jan 1, 2024 (for example) that will take care of Easter (for example). We don't know about these because it's been all phone booking until now, so we can't peek at the inventory.

Based on the current sales rate, they will need to declare more inventory by early 2024, if not earlier.

I don't know why I didn't check this before, but DVC's site confirms that there will be only 1 non-accessible Grand Villa. The other Grand Villa will be wheelchair accessible:
Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 6.21.55 PM.png

If they handle this like VGC, then these two rooms will be separate booking categories. If so, this means that room/floor requests are moot, you're booking 1 of 1. It also means booking may be very difficult for the lone non-accessible GV.

Would that possibly mean more or less rooms will be available to book tomorrow?
I was assuming less as I didn’t have any 2023 points to use freely. I did borrow from my 2024 points to book some of the more important dates for me like Oogie Boogie and bday weekend but otherwise I’m waiting for tomorrow too to use the remainder of my 2023 direct points. I’ll be curious to see about availability because it felt like there was plenty when I called in to book with my VDH points.

I know, I was just kidding :-)

We actually had not thought about purchasing at VDH at all until this weekend when we couldn't find an off-site hotel we could agree on and the rack rates at the 3 DL hotels are just so high we couldn't justify paying them. So DVC it was.....
Balks at $800+ rack rate prices so the logical thing is to drop $23k for DVC. Yep, this was me except I bought 150pts to get the incentives. It makes perfect sense in my head 🤣 Welcome home neighbor!

If they handle this like VGC, then these two rooms will be separate booking categories. If so, this means that room/floor requests are moot, you're booking 1 of 1. It also means booking may be very difficult for the lone non-accessible GV.

Accessible rooms aren't too bad. At VGC we wanted the park view so that's the only option. It was a fun room. For our CCV stay we asked for a high floor and got the 5th floor GV which was accessible. Awesome views. If for some reason the accessible GV is open to book in a few hours when I want to go.... I'll take it :)

Balks at $800+ rack rate prices so the logical thing is to drop $23k for DVC. Yep, this was me except I bought 150pts to get the incentives. It makes perfect sense in my head 🤣 Welcome home neighbor!
Yes, I had the same thought....however it also means we "have" to go back every couple of years.....so that justifies it in my mind :-)

As of 7 am ET the site is down for maintenance, so the 8 am ET bookings are already in peril.
First, I am not even a little surprised. Second, what are the chances of it being up—and working correctly—by 8 am?!

As of 7 am ET the site is down for maintenance, so the 8 am ET bookings are already in peril.
First, I am not even a little surprised. Second, what are the chances of it being up—and working correctly—by 8 am?!
It seems like it is ready to go (other than the maintenance message) as our VDH reservation no longer has the message to call for changes, you can click and see the details. I'm halfway wondering if they forgot to remove the maintenance message.

I wonder if just the “Book Vacation” page is still under maintenance. And there is *no way* they forgot. Their biggest goal this morning is to have that page up and running (correctly) before 9 am so the call center is not flooded with calls.

I wonder if just the “Book Vacation” page is still under maintenance. And there is *no way* they forgot. Their biggest goal this morning is to have that page up and running (correctly) before 9 am so the call center is not flooded with calls.

My guess is it will be ready to go at 8 am....this way, no one is getting a jump on it by them opening it before the technical opening for non resort owners.

Have you experienced DVC IT in the past 😜

I would not put it past them.
You are right about Disney IT not getting it right. But, I guarantee that the Operations person in charge of the call center is making phone calls to ensure the site is up by 8 am.

My guess is it will be ready to go at 8 am....this way, no one is getting a jump on it by them opening it before the technical opening for non resort owners.
My guess too.

They updated the GUI so that Disneyland Hotel appears in the checkboxes. So, that's good.

I think they've just turned off all reservations until exactly 8am so that nobody gets a jump on it.

EDIT: It's 8:01 and still not up yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter