The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

UrsulaWantsYourSoul…thank you sooooo much for this thread!!! I just came across this yesterday. So excited about the upcoming villas! We added on to get VDH and are hoping to book next month in August for July 2024. Saw you can’t book online yet 11 months out. Does that mean I have to call next month to book? Is it 08:00 EST? I’d have to call on the dot before I go to work. Thanks for any help! :thanks:
Online booking will be available as of July 27th. So you'll be good to go in August.

Steve

UrsulaWantsYourSoul…thank you sooooo much for this thread!!! I just came across this yesterday. So excited about the upcoming villas! We added on to get VDH and are hoping to book next month in August for July 2024. Saw you can’t book online yet 11 months out. Does that mean I have to call next month to book? Is it 08:00 EST? I’d have to call on the dot before I go to work. Thanks for any help! :thanks:

Online booking for VDH should open up on the 27th of this month which means that VDH owners will be able to book stays online for June 27th 2024 + 7 days. For your scenario, you should have no issues booking online for your trip. Welcome home neighbor!

Unrelated note - we got a call from Grandma who used to live near us but has had to move east to live with her daughter that she will be visiting in the spring. As this aligns with our VDH trip we decided we would try and bring her with us and we just called MS and upgraded the April stay from a 1BR Villa to a 2BR :)

She used to live about 5 min from Disneyland and she would take me all the time when I was a kiddo. She wasn’t an opening day visitor but she defiantly was an opening month guest for sure and she is hopeful that she will be able to go. Planning for the best.

This is your group, Cuties - I'm just here to collect info and celebrate with you all - woot!
As others have said, you can actually start booking online next week - July 27th. Woo Hoo! Everyone's excited to be able to start doing that and actually look at live booking inventory so it's less of a mystery - tee hee. So happy for you and your first of many stays - such a gorgeous resort at our happy place :-). Being steps away from Trader Sam's... I'm ready for it! :-).

@NVDISFamily that's amazing re: Grandma! I can just imagine what it will be like for her! What a blessing you were able to snag a 2 bedroom. Those 1-3 bedroom villas are going to be a hot commodity!

View attachment 774937

Awesome resource/content coming soon - much provided by amazing DisBoard owners like you!
These first few pages/posts will be continually updated with information, photos and helpful links.
Have an upcoming stay? Post and I'll add you to the "Be Our Guest" list - post #2

Promotional Video:
View attachment 775005

Photos
View attachment 775008

View attachment 775009

View attachment 775010

View attachment 775011

View attachment 775013

View attachment 775015

Address:
1150 West Magic Way
Anaheim, California 92802
Phone: (714) 778-6600

Map:
View attachment 774948

Aerial Photos (coming)
Point Charts: 2023, 2024

ROOMS
Floorplan Layout: (coming)
Floor Plans: (coming)
Video Room Tours: (coming)
Views from Rooms: (coming)
Coffee makers info: (coming)

View attachment 774986

FOOD!
VDH Food/Beverage:

Palm Breeze Bar: (coming)

Disneyland Hotel Dining & Lounges:
Goofy's Kitchen:
Breakfast | Dinner
Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill: Breakfast | Lunch/Dinner
Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar: Lunch | Dinner
The Coffee House: Menu
In Room Dining: Menu

Downtown Disney Dining
Disney link

Nearby suggested off-property dining
(coming)

Pools:
General Pool info page

VDH: Palette Pool: (coming)
VDH: Steamboat Willie Splash Pad: (coming)
DLH: D Ticket Pool: (coming)
DLH: E Ticket Pool: (coming)
DLH: Monorail Pool & Slides: (coming)
Cabanas

VDH Specific Facilities:
Fitness Center: (coming)
Grill Area: (coming)
Community Hall: (coming)
Guest Laundry Room: (coming)

VDH Recreation
(coming)

General Disneyland Property:
Amenities/General Info

Front Desk: (coming)
Guests Services: (coming)
Bell & Valet Services: (coming)
Rose Court Garden: (coming)
Adventure Lawn: (coming)
Frontier Lawn: (coming)
Tenaya Stone Spa @ Grand Californian
Fantasia Shop: (coming)
Small World Gifts and Sundries: (coming)
Outdoor Fireplace: (coming)

Transportation:
(coming)

Pre-Opening and Opening Information / Memories:
DisBoards Waiting For Disneyland Hotel DVC Thread
Opening date: Sept 28, 2023 (in theory).

Thanks to the following where information/photos were extracted: The Dis / DVC Fan, Disney Parks Blog.
Wait what! How did I miss the VDH super thread. Nicely done

Online booking for VDH should open up on the 27th of this month which means that VDH owners will be able to book stays online for June 27th 2024 + 7 days. For your scenario, you should have no issues booking online for your trip. Welcome home neighbor!

Unrelated note - we got a call from Grandma who used to live near us but has had to move east to live with her daughter that she will be visiting in the spring. As this aligns with our VDH trip we decided we would try and bring her with us and we just called MS and upgraded the April stay from a 1BR Villa to a 2BR :)

She used to live about 5 min from Disneyland and she would take me all the time when I was a kiddo. She wasn’t an opening day visitor but she defiantly was an opening month guest for sure and she is hopeful that she will be able to go. Planning for the best.
Thank you! That’s so awesome that she’ll get to join you. And a 2 bedroom too! Nice! :thumbsup2

This is your group, Cuties - I'm just here to collect info and celebrate with you all - woot!
As others have said, you can actually start booking online next week - July 27th. Woo Hoo! Everyone's excited to be able to start doing that and actually look at live booking inventory so it's less of a mystery - tee hee. So happy for you and your first of many stays - such a gorgeous resort at our happy place :-). Being steps away from Trader Sam's... I'm ready for it! :-).

@NVDISFamily that's amazing re: Grandma! I can just imagine what it will be like for her! What a blessing you were able to snag a 2 bedroom. Those 1-3 bedroom villas are going to be a hot commodity!
Thank you! So excited that we are VDH owners! Very appreciative of your hard work! :grouphug:

Online booking for VDH should open up on the 27th of this month which means that VDH owners will be able to book stays online for June 27th 2024 + 7 days.
Since I am new to this concept of adding a new resort to online booking, can someone with more knowledge clarify the following:
1) Will VDH owners be able to view and book at 12:00 am EST/9:00 pm PST on June 27th?
2) Or are we subject to the 8:00 am EST booking/viewing start as well.

Sure would be nice to book at a reasonable hour of 9PM for us west coast folks rather than experience the common 4:55 am alarm wake up. :rotfl:

Since I am new to this concept of adding a new resort to online booking, can someone with more knowledge clarify the following:
1) Will VDH owners be able to view and book at 12:00 am EST/9:00 pm PST on June 27th?

Sure would be nice to book at a reasonable hour of 9PM for us west coast folks rather than experience the common 4:55 am alarm wake up. :rotfl:

As VGC is also the same as any other DVC resort (I’m pretty sure that’s the case) I don’t expect VDH to be any different. With that said, I’m usually stalking the site all the time and I just book when I can. I’ve also noticed the says are sometimes off by +1 day so I check often.

I’m curious as well about the time we can start booking.

I’m curious as well about the time we can start booking.
Do you mean what time of the day for DVC resorts on the West coast? We own at Villas at Grand Cal and live on the west coast (Seattle area). Alas yes, the DVC world centers around East coast time. Booking for all DVC resorts online starts at 5am Pacific/8am Eastern.

As a complete aside, shopdisney.com is more convenient for night owls on the West coast as new product drops at midnight our time while East coast cuties are peacefully slumbering at 3am :-).

Do you mean what time of the day for DVC resorts on the West coast? We own at Villas at Grand Cal and live on the west coast (Seattle area). Alas yes, the DVC world centers around East coast time. Booking for all DVC resorts online starts at 5am Pacific/8am Eastern.

As a complete aside, shopdisney.com is more convenient for night owls on the West coast as new product drops at midnight our time while East coast cuties are peacefully slumbering at 3am :-).
While booking at the 7m/11m marks are at 5am our time, I think the question of "when can I book <7m or <11m stays online on 7/27?" could have a totally different time, basically whenever the functionality is live.

I forgot who said it, maybe @Sandisw, but apparently VGF2 went live at midnight eastern.

At this point we just don't know, and Disney hasn't said.

While booking at the 7m/11m marks are at 5am our time, I think the question of "when can I book <7m or <11m stays online on 7/27?" could have a totally different time, basically whenever the functionality is live.

I forgot who said it, maybe @Sandisw, but apparently VGF2 went live at midnight eastern.

Oo - good clarification! Thanks, @ehh

Reactions: ehh

So there is hope! All the more reason to continue stalking the site. Ha Ha. Thank you!

I read this too fast and for a sec I thought you said upgraded to grand Villa and was immediately green with envy. 😅

Thank you! I’m West Coast so I’ll be ready at 5:00 PST. :thumbsup2

I read this too fast and for a sec I thought you said upgraded to grand Villa and was immediately green with envy. 😅
Sadly not enough VDH points to do that :(

I will be trying to get a 3BR for one or two nights for a birthday party using my Riviera points when booking opens on the 27th but I've been told already that they are booked for the times I want to go. We will see.... if not, the we will have to "live" with a 2BR at the Grand Cal..... I keep telling my kids how lucky they are, but they don't get it LOL.

Just an update to my above post where I was wondering about declared rooms, as I was a bit worried that I had 0 chance of getting a 1 or 2 bedroom when I called in on my 11 month booking windows. I didn't need to worry. Called in (member services answered right away) and both 1 and 2 bedrooms were available, so I grabbed a 1bd (as well as some studios for other family members for our California family reunion).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter