*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Thanks. Is there an app that tells you what roads are open? Are you traveling down from above the Carolinas? Best of luck to you!!
I am I'm leaving from about 30 minutes south of Charlotte NC. We live in South Carolina but everyone knows the charlotte area. We are leaving Friday at 4:00pm

I'm watching the ATL weather because my Mom is connecting through there on Friday on her way here to keep our kiddos. What is your preferred local news station there for weather? Her flight is supposed to leave 4pm-ish, I think, and I'm hoping it will be before the weather is significant enough there to cause airport delays in ATL. We used to live in Newnan, and I know it doesn't take much to throw Hartsfield on its ear, but my fingers are crossed.
Yeah, keep your eyes on the weather. Everything I've seen thus far shows little impact here until next week and it's more higher rain volume and some (not bad) wind. We'll be driving past Newnan in 9 days on our way to da world. Doing the single digit happy dance. :dancer:

Leaving tomorrow!! (Hopefully!)
Watching the storm and trying not to freak out about it upsetting our travel plans, but it's really difficult. It stinks because I'd normally be so excited but I'm so worried about our flight getting cancelled that it's sucking the joy out of things a bit.
I have our clothes packed and need to pack to our health and beauty items, and other random things we use when we're at Disney. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight!!

Flying out this afternoon! Wish us luck!

Us too! Good luck to both of us! *crossing fingers and toes and braiding hair*

Watching the storm and trying not to freak out about it upsetting our travel plans, but it's really difficult. It stinks because I'd normally be so excited but I'm so worried about our flight getting cancelled that it's sucking the joy out of things a bit.
I have our clothes packed and need to pack to our health and beauty items, and other random things we use when we're at Disney. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight!!

You'll make it!!! We're pulling for you!

I'm watching the ATL weather because my Mom is connecting through there on Friday on her way here to keep our kiddos. What is your preferred local news station there for weather? Her flight is supposed to leave 4pm-ish, I think, and I'm hoping it will be before the weather is significant enough there to cause airport delays in ATL. We used to live in Newnan, and I know it doesn't take much to throw Hartsfield on its ear, but my fingers are crossed.
Honestly, I use my weather channel app and the weather underground app for weather. As of right now, they are saying there is only a 10% chance of rain on Friday. Unless things change, I think your mom's flight should be good.

Same. I had terrible dreams last night and woke up at 5 this morning. (I'm a night owl, NOT an early bird!) I'm focusing on school today (we homeschool) and starting laundry tonight. Packing tomorrow while my kids are in enrichment classes, then field trip to a news station on Friday, pick up my Mom from the airport, and then we leave Saturday. At least, those are the plans. I'm obsessing over the flights on Friday for Mom. I would normally be giddy but I'm so worried about how all of it is going to play out. And feeling a little guilty that I could be in Disney while people's homes are being destroyed. It's the way the world works, but that doesn't make it nice or easy.

Is the Knoxville area going to be extremely jammed through saturday? I'm so confused by where all these evacuations are happening and what to expect. It looks like the storm won't travel inland until Saturday so should I try to take the TN detour on Friday?

It's 3PM here in Hollywood. I have a few errands to run and THEN I'll pack.

Gotta leave the house at 7:45 to catch the bus to LAX at 8:15 - it's only a ten minute walk but I don't want to be late dragging my luggage. Been checking the flight status all week and this flight has left between 5 and 10 minutes early all week except once when there was a 90 minute delay...

I've been to busy with work to even be excited. Now I'm Doing The Happy Dance! My first trip as an AP! Third time in French Quarter and first solo trip since last September - my Irma trip...

Is the Knoxville area going to be extremely jammed through saturday? I'm so confused by where all these evacuations are happening and what to expect. It looks like the storm won't travel inland until Saturday so should I try to take the TN detour on Friday?
I'll say what I said before. Leave as soon as you can, but expect traffic to be worse so it will take you longer no matter how you go

I would check the weather with a local Knoxville news station. They'll have a more accurate representation of what kind of weather to expect there, and you can decide if you want to hop further over, like to Nashville, then head down through Alabama. No one is being evacuated at this time except for coastal areas, but people are bracing for lots of rain and flooding.

I'll say what I said before. Leave as soon as you can, but expect traffic to be worse so it will take you longer no matter how you go

I appreciate it. Will it likely be stand still type of traffic on early Saturday in TN? The earliest we can leave is Friday late morning and since we are in the northeast we likely won't hit Tennessee until very early Saturday. We have a potty for our young son but I don't know what to do for bathrooms if we're in gridlock. I have 24 hours to decide before we lose any refund possibility. We were going to rent a car but will probably wait until the day of for that.

I wish the media relesesd some info about road closures/detours, traffic and shortages. If anyone knows where I might look for that, please let me know. Thank you :)

I would definitely go to the west of the mountains on I-81 - going thru the mountain passes is not easy so most folks will not be evacuating over the mountains

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter