*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Today is a busy Disney day for me!
Last night at the last minute I decided to go to Macy's to get some matching luggage that wasn't black. All of our suitcases but one are black. I remembered last night that on my last trip my main suitcase was having issues with one of the wheels when it was full (probably from me overpacking it :rolleyes1)
I ended up getting an orange set of 3 hardsided cases (2 checked and 1 carry on.) I personally would have gone with the bright pink set but this way me or DH can use it. And if we get a few trips out of the luggage is served its purpose.
Anyway, today is filled with packing, packing, and more packing. The last 3 shirts I was waiting for arrived today. One of them was an idea I had for a shirt that I asked an Etsy seller to create for me from scratch. It came out great! It has Ariel and Rapunzel on it, which are my favorite princesses.
I've got YouTube playing resort tv on my TV, I'm folding and sorting like a madwoman, and intermittently stalking coverage of Tropical Storm Florence, who is seriously threatening my travel plans for Thursday.

I posted a week or so ago that I wasn't going to worry about the weather until we got closer......we're closer :( I'm really only concerned about our flight being impacted on the 13th, I'll deal with bad weather once down there I just want to get DOWN THERE!!

I posted a week or so ago that I wasn't going to worry about the weather until we got closer......we're closer :( I'm really only concerned about our flight being impacted on the 13th, I'll deal with bad weather once down there I just want to get DOWN THERE!!
You're not alone! Several of us are arriving on Thursday or Friday. There's a Hurricane Watch 2018 thread if you want to follow along with a bunch of us for any updates.

Just got back last night. We had a great trip with some ups and downs, but overall we had a fantastic time.

I hope everyone can enjoy their trips despite these weather concerns.

We were worrying about TS Gordon hitting our home while we were in WDW and it wasn't fun. Luckily it turned away. I doubt we will go this time of year again, because of the crazy weather. I'd rather deal with Thanksgiving crowds than all the worrying about storms.

Good luck, everyone!

Supposed to be headed down this Thursday and staying for a week. Between Florence, Isaac, and Helene I've started seriously looking at trying to reschedule my vacation as much as it kills me. Airline is already telling it will cost me over $200 in the difference in air fare. :-(
Anyone else giving up on their September trip?

Supposed to be headed down this Thursday and staying for a week. Between Florence, Isaac, and Helene I've started seriously looking at trying to reschedule my vacation as much as it kills me. Airline is already telling it will cost me over $200 in the difference in air fare. :-(
Anyone else giving up on their September trip?

Are you from those areas or flying through them? I didn't think Isaac and Helene were supposed to be problematic but I'm totally clueless about hurricanes here up north. I don't know much about what the airline could do to accommodate canceled flights either. Praying for some crazy miracle and the ocean swallows this monster

Are you from those areas or flying through them? I didn't think Isaac and Helene were supposed to be problematic but I'm totally clueless about hurricanes here up north. I don't know much about what the airline could do to accommodate canceled flights either. Praying for some crazy miracle and the ocean swallows this monster

So we'd be flying through them, but also concerned about the large bump in predicted rain as a result. We're planning on spending only half our vacation in WDW and HAD planned on spending the other half at the resort pool.

Currently no one has any idea what Isaac and Helene will do but they're there and concerning.

4 days until we’re en route! We spent last night packing and just about have everything clean and in the suitcases. Made a last minute trip to Target this morning for some last minute items - shoutout to the Diser in this thread that mentioned the Coleman ponchos. They feel substantially nicer than the Dollar Tree and at $1.50 still essentially disposable! It’s going to be a very long 4 days of work this week!!

We’re flying out of Chicago Thursday night and are staying optimistic about the weather. I’m in finance so rescheduling PTO would be a nightmare, costs to change everything would be significant, and we purposely booked to fall over our anniversary. Moving our trip is simply not an option, so we’re just going to try and take everything in stride as it happens. I’m not going to start worrying until a storm is bearing down on Orlando! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Of course, a few quick prayers for nice weather and low crowds is always fair game. :cool2:

Just got back! So much fun. Just a few things to share:
If you have not used mobile ordering, do. Saved us so much time!
Refresh for fp's: I was able to get 4 slinky dog FP' s Friday at 2pm for Friday night using the refresh strategy. There were four people in the group. I had the most luck searching for just one at the time.

Sorry to tell all you iPhone users....the Android phone worked so much better, like 10 to 1 in successful refresh FP's. We had one iPhone and one Android refreshing at the same time.
On the Android I had zero problems with the app as far as seeing our current fp's.

FoP at closing Monday 45 mintute wait, total including ride time.

Slinky dog at closing thursday, 25 minute wait, Friday same ride at closing (got in line at 8:15) 45 mintute wait. About 100 people showed up right at 8:25. All of them did not make it in, as the line was all the way to the tap styles.

I hope you all have wonderful weather and make plenty of magical memories!

Here now. Day 4. Slinky was down for a bit yesterday. Not sure if it was weather - it rained lightly - we were in the Beauty and the Beast theater when I saw it was down. 60 minute posted wait at 7:20.
Witnessed a near disaster. Heard a thud - saw a woman belly down on the floor under the railings separating the line from boarding. Her 'rambunctious' child took off to the track and was leaning into the car as it it was getting ready to launch. Mom flung herself under the railing just in the nick of time.

Lines as MK today were FANTASTIC! Arrived at 9:40 and departed at 5:20. All 4 mountains. Lunch and snack breaks. Speedway, Aladdin, Jungle, HM, Caribbean, Treehouse, Small World, Phillarmagic, Carousel , Buzz, Wedway.

'Ohanna - plan to be there for a long time. Also, steak was rare - not medium rare - purple. Chicken was cool to touch. Not impressed. Reminder - the bill was $189.00 after TIW for 4.

I hate Star Wars. A childish unhealthy hatred. Star Wars Galactic fireworks at HS is not to be missed. Be sure to get upfront. Outstanding.

So we'd be flying through them, but also concerned about the large bump in predicted rain as a result. We're planning on spending only half our vacation in WDW and HAD planned on spending the other half at the resort pool.

Currently no one has any idea what Isaac and Helene will do but they're there and concerning.

I guess I'm more out of the loop than I thought. I didn't think the entire week would be rainy in Florida because of Florence. I also thought one of the other hurricanes was expected to go out to sea and the other might hit the lower carribean area. I haven't heard about Florida being affected enough to rain that entire time . I'm clearly not familiar enough with hurricanes. I'm sorry you are conflicted.

I guess I'm more out of the loop than I thought. I didn't think the entire week would be rainy in Florida because of Florence. I also thought one of the other hurricanes was expected to go out to sea and the other might hit the lower carribean area. I haven't heard about Florida being affected enough to rain that entire time . I'm clearly not familiar enough with hurricanes. I'm sorry you are conflicted.

I'm seeing different forecasts now than I (thought?) I did earlier. I've wound down a good bit since that post. I think I was mostly getting into my head around stressing about this vacation. It's our first big vacation with our 5 year old DD.

We're back on schedule and planning to head out Thursday. Sorry to everyone for spreading my panic. :(

I'm seeing different forecasts now than I (thought?) I did earlier. I've wound down a good bit since that post. I think I was mostly getting into my head around stressing about this vacation. It's our first big vacation with our 5 year old DD.

We're back on schedule and planning to head out Thursday. Sorry to everyone for spreading my panic. :(

No worries :) It's perfectly normal to be stressed about this. We are too. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't watching the wrong information. We will be driving down from a northeast state late Saturday into Sunday and I'm not sure what will happen. There is supposed to be inland flooding in the Carolinas so we might have to take a dramatic detour. We got the vacation insurance but I'd hate to use it because of what's happening in the Carolinas. Sending my best wishes to those areas affected. Get out of there as soon as they tell you to! I was really thinking this would move out to sea :(

I'm deep in rehearsal for a show that previews on the 11th and opens the day I arrive in The World so haven't really been thinking too much about my trip. But when I got the notice TP had successfully sent my room request fax I got a big bump in excitement!

Leaving from CA late Wednesday night so I'll pack during the day. Last Sept I was there during Irma so I'm not worried about this trip. The flight won't be affected. I wish the best for those flying or driving along the east coast heading to WDW. Love hearing how uncrowded it is so far.

Onward!

No worries :) It's perfectly normal to be stressed about this. We are too. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't watching the wrong information. We will be driving down from a northeast state late Saturday into Sunday and I'm not sure what will happen. There is supposed to be inland flooding in the Carolinas so we might have to take a dramatic detour. We got the vacation insurance but I'd hate to use it because of what's happening in the Carolinas. Sending my best wishes to those areas affected. Get out of there as soon as they tell you to! I was really thinking this would move out to sea :(
If you do need to detour, looks like I-81 to I-40 to I-75 might be your best option. If you end up doing that, PM me. We're very close to I-75 and would be happy to give you a place to stay for the night and/or a hot meal.

I just bit the bullet and we're now heading down on Wednesday afternoon...our flight was scheduled to leave on the 13th from Long Island. Usual flight pattern brings us right through storm area...Good luck with your plans!

I'm crying guys. I am being told to cancel my trip because roads won't be passable this weekend in the Carolinas. We are also driving from up north on sunday.

leaving on Wednesday morning, so hopefully the hurricane cooperates with us for the time we are there.

I hope it remains uncrowded, as this is my first time outside of the dead of summer of being in Disney.

I'm crying guys. I am being told to cancel my trip because roads won't be passable this weekend in the Carolinas. We are also driving from up north on sunday.

I guess I am really naive about hurricanes because I'm now seeing that same predicament. Our route would take us through 95 in North Carolina (obivously not a good option) but 81 seems too far unless I'm looking at it wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter