*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

180 days! It was a big week. My DVP took care of my MNSSHP tickets and ADRs. I’m so excited things ran so smoothly. Now I’m waiting for Dessert Party Reservations to open up.

Sept 9th through 16th. Looking forward, but I have to say, I feel so liberated by staying off-site and not stressing about free dining. It was always more than we could eat anyway. Going to share meals and use this trip as an experiment in the least expensive way to do Disney. pixiedust:

Plans changed again lol
Breakfast at resort lounge daily.
We asked the girls to choose, a second MNSSHP or the new Pixar Play Zone. They chose the playzone.

Th 9/6 Arrival day - Lunch at Chef Mickeys to start the vacation! , then off to MK! QS dinner??
Fr 9/7 AK - QS Lunch Pizzafari , Dinner at Tiffins, ROL
Sa 9/8 HS - QS Lunch Woody’s Lunch Box , Dinner at Sci-Fi, Fantasmic
Su 9/9 EP - QS Lunch F&W, Dinner at Coral Reef, FEA Desert Party
Mo 9/10 HS / DS - Lunch Hollywood & Vine, Dinner at T-Rex
Tu 9/11 MK – Lunch CRT, QS Dinner, MNSSHP
We 9/12 AK - Sleep in day, QS lunch TBD, Dinner at Tusker House
Th 9/13 EP - QS Lunch F&W , Dinner at Teppan Edo
Fr 9/14 MK - Plaza Lunch, Pixar Zone for the kids, Date night Dinner at California Grill
Sa 9/15 HS - QS Lunch TBD, Dinner at 50's Prime Time, Star Wars Dessert party
Sept 16 Departure Day, QS Breakfast at resort.

Plans changed again lol
We asked the girls to choose, a second MNSSHP or the new Pixar Play Zone. They chose the playzone.

Th 9/6 Arrival day - Lunch at Chef Mickeys to start the vacation! , then off to MK! QS dinner??
Fr 9/14 MK - Plaza Lunch, Pixar Zone for the kids, Date night Dinner at California Grill
DH and I are planning on going to HS and the SW Dessert Party as well on 9/15 :) Now if they'd only release the dates!

Plans changed again lol

We have like 4 or 5 of the same days!!!! See ya there!!!!!!

I'm here for September too!!
My 180 days opens in just under 6 hours and I didn't think I'd be this nervous :scared:.
We are at the Beach Club this trip (9/22 - 9/29) and then off-site after that. This portion of the trip is part of a much larger adventure that looks like:

9/7 - 9/13: DLR (Staying at VGC)
9/13 - 9/15: Miami
9/15 - 9/22: Harmony of the Seas from FLL
9/22 - 9/29: Beach Club
9/29 - 10/5: Sheraton Vistana Resort
10/5 - 10/8: Mariner of the Seas from MIA
10/8 - 10/10: Los Angeles

It a 5.5 week adventure from Australia with 2 adults, a 2.y.o and a 4.y.o - yes, we are crazy. We've done DLR many times and it's our 4th time to WDW...at both resorts, it's our first time staying at Deluxe Resorts and I can barely contain my excitement. I've wanted to stay at the Beach Club ever since I saw a Samantha Brown special on the Travel Channel many many years ago :cool2:.

MNSSHP tickets are booked, almost everything else is booked, and now just very impatiently waiting for HEA Plaza Garden blue dates to turn into live bookings... how many times can I refresh a page before I'm considered crazy?

I saw in my email folders today that I originally put in a query to a TA about this trip LAST February- so glad that we are nearly at the 5 month mark and it's getting much more real!

Last edited:

Today is my 180 day mark so you know what that means, I booked ADRs this morning bright and early at 6am. For the first time in a long time it literally only took me 10 mins to do and got every ADR we wanted at the exact times we wanted. :)

Here is our plan:

Sept 22 - Arrival day, get Earl of Sandwich for dinner and just stay around the resort as we are driving this year
Sept 23 - MK, I've booked CP for 8:20 am and California Grill for brunch at 11:55 am, I really want Cali brunch but have to convince DH
Sept 24 - EPCOT, Ohana for dinner at 6:55 pm
Sept 25 - No park day, MNSSHP
Sept 26 - HS, 50's Primetime at 5:30 pm
Sept 27 - AK, DS, dinner at Raglan Rd at 6:15 pm
Sept 28 - MK, Kona Cafe for breakfast at 8:15 am and BOG lunch at 2 pm
Sept 29 - EPCOT, just eating around the world
Sept 30 - Departure day

I'm struggling with fitting everything into place and balancing park touring and breaks, so I'm hoping that typing it here helps.
Here is my plan so far:

Thurs 9/13- Arrive at MCO at 8:30pm, take Uber/car service to POP.
Fri 9/14- Arrive at AK for park opening. Tusker House breakfast at 10:30. Either tour AK slowly or take a break mid-day at POP. Yak & Yeti at 5:30, then RoL
Sat 9/15- Arrive at HS for park opening. Sci-Fi at 1pm, break at the hotel and then SWGS Dessert Party. Maybe hop to Epcot for Illuminations.
Sun 9/16- Sleep in! Cali Grill brunch at 10am. Go back to the hotel and swim/sleep off mimosas. 3:30 dinner at either 'Ohana, CP, or The Plaza, then MNSSHP!
Mon 9/17- Sleep in, check out of POP. Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at 10:40. Check in to Beach Club (hopefully), then head to Epcot for F&W. Head to MK for HEA Dessert Party then back to BC.
Tues 9/18- EMM at MK. BOG lunch at 1pm, then back to BC to nap/swim/break. Dinner at 6:30 at Biergarten.
Wed 9/19- PPO breakfast at Garden Grill. Tour Epcot, F&W for lunch. Cali Grill dinner at 7:30.
Thurs 9/20- Sleep in, hang out at SAB. Head to HS in the afternoon/evening for 5:00 dinner at H&V and Fantasmic!
Fri 9/21- Epcot or AK (undecided), then dinner at 6pm at 'Ohana
Sat 9/22- Check out of BC, hang out at the pool and then possibly hit another park. Homecomin' dinner at 5:45, then back to BC to get luggage and Uber to Hyatt at MCO.
Sun 9/23- Morning flight back home :(

So we are going August 30 to September 8. We are already booked for EMM Tuesday, September 4. That is the only EMM available during our dates.

MNSSHP dates are Friday 8/31, Monday, 9/3, and Friday 8/7. Trying to decide which one to do. I was hoping there would be EMM Sunday 8/2, so we could do that then MNSSHP 9/3. But no. SO, which of the 3 possibilities should I choose. I'm sure 9/3 will be less busy, but doing that (we will definitely stay to the end then take our time leaving so won't get to bed until probably 1:30) then EMM the next morning does not sound fun at all. Friday 8/7 is our last night in the parks. I don't know that I want to wait until then, but maybe it's a nice last hurrah?? Otherwise, maybe I wait to see how the weather is, and if 8/31 is good weather we do it then, but if it sucks, we wait and do 9/7. Any advice??

So we are going August 30 to September 8. We are already booked for EMM Tuesday, September 4. That is the only EMM available during our dates.

MNSSHP dates are Friday 8/31, Monday, 9/3, and Friday 8/7. Trying to decide which one to do. I was hoping there would be EMM Sunday 8/2, so we could do that then MNSSHP 9/3. But no. SO, which of the 3 possibilities should I choose. I'm sure 9/3 will be less busy, but doing that (we will definitely stay to the end then take our time leaving so won't get to bed until probably 1:30) then EMM the next morning does not sound fun at all. Friday 8/7 is our last night in the parks. I don't know that I want to wait until then, but maybe it's a nice last hurrah?? Otherwise, maybe I wait to see how the weather is, and if 8/31 is good weather we do it then, but if it sucks, we wait and do 9/7. Any advice??

Personally I'd book 8/31 because then if it rains out you could potentially try it again for 8/7.

Sept 22-29 for our 20th anniversary! Cannot wait. Got all of our ADRs today and got everything we were hoping for. Now just have to sit and wait until our FP window opens.

Congratulations!!! We will be there the same time, Sept 22-30. We will be celebrating our 14th anniversary though and it falls on Oct 2nd so we will miss being there for it by 2 days. I found it extremely easy to get our ADRs yesterday, which was a little odd, lol.

Congratulations!!! We will be there the same time, Sept 22-30. We will be celebrating our 14th anniversary though and it falls on Oct 2nd so we will miss being there for it by 2 days. I found it extremely easy to get our ADRs yesterday, which was a little odd, lol.

We'll be there for our 20th anniversary as well! Our actual anniversary is in November, but we couldn't make those dates work. It's fun to know that I'm not the only one celebrating my anniversary with a mouse. Ha! And probably making my friends raise their eyebrows because they think "Disney is for kids."

Hey guys! My family and I will be there September 23rd-29th, staying at WL. I booked all of my ADR's this morning and I am so excited. Like others have posted, it was really easy to get what I wanted like BOG and O'hana, but T-Rex was crazy booked. That seems so weird to me.

Hey guys! My family and I will be there September 23rd-29th, staying at WL. I booked all of my ADR's this morning and I am so excited. Like others have posted, it was really easy to get what I wanted like BOG and O'hana, but T-Rex was crazy booked. That seems so weird to me.
Call the restaurant directly. They only offer so many openings through the Disney site. We did that last year and had no trouble getting into t rex.

Hey everyone. New here but hoping to book soon for a September vacation. It will be my 6th time going and the first for my son! We want to celebrate his 5th birthday there. I'm admittedly worried about hurricane season and crowds. I got very claustrophobic last time at Magic kingdom so we thought September would be as good as it gets.

We hope to stay at either Port Orleans or Art of Animation. Everything else is a blur right now. I'm trying not to get too excited in case of hurricanes or other hiccups

My last trip was in 2012 so they were doing trials for the new fast pass system. I'm very curious about how it's changed and everything. I remember thinking it was already amazingly effective considering the crowd levels.

What a fun thread, and I'd like to join.

Dates: September 10-20
Who: Party of 8. Four adults, four kids
Where: Windsor Hills
Previous Visits: 2014, 2016

Monday, September 10: Arrive
Tuesday, September 11: AK: Satulli Canteen, (lunch)
Wedday, September 12: EP Chefs de France, (dinner)
Thursday, September 13: Rest Sanaa, (lunch)
Fridday, September 14: MK Kona (dinner)
Saturday, September 15: HS Hollywood & Vine (breakfast), Prime Time (dinner)
Sunday, September 16: DS Ragland Road (lunch), Beaches & Cream (dinner)
Monday, September 17: EP San Angel Inn (dinner)
Tuesday, September 18: AK Tusker House (brunch)
Wednesday, September 19: MK Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)
Thursday, September 20: Leave

A couple different touring strategies this time around.
1. We last went in 2016 and had the dining plan. Off-site now and definitely want to SNACK more with fewer meals

2. Two non-park days. My kids are 11,8, 5, and 3 and it seemed like they tired out. So we are planning to hit parks hard for a couple days, and then stay away from the parks.

3. Two full days at EPCOT. We always felt rushed in EPCOT. Trying to squeeze every good attraction in Future World and quickly passing through World Showcase. So this time we are thinking are first day will be future world centric, and our second day is World Showcase centric.

We'll be there for our 20th anniversary as well! Our actual anniversary is in November, but we couldn't make those dates work. It's fun to know that I'm not the only one celebrating my anniversary with a mouse. Ha! And probably making my friends raise their eyebrows because they think "Disney is for kids."

Congrats to all of you as well! Our actual date is September 5 so like you, we aren't there on our actual but close enough. :) We've had the same reaction as far as people raising an eyebrow when we say where we are going but without the kids. LOL We've never been to WDW as just a couple so we're very much looking forward to a more relaxed time in the World. That and Epcot F&W with no guilt! We will be at Fort Wilderness in our camper and spending one day each at Epcot, MK, and AK. Skipping HS this time (now if Star Wars was already open this would be a different story!) We've got ADRs at Spice Road Table, BOG breakfast, Skipper Canteen, Tusker House (breakfast), and Yak and Yeti. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter