• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

How freaking cute are these? Loose fitting. Very light weight. Above knee - I am 5'6" long legs. These are medium. First time walking in to an H & M. $24.00 FOR ALL 4!!!. Couldn't ask for better colors for WDW.
Not my everyday choice but perfect for this trip.

Attachments

• 20180828_140607.jpg
    20180828_140607.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 49

Neither of you are doing Boma? Because it's really not to be missed, especially if you're staying at AKL (although IMO it's worth a visit either way-- it's been a must-do for me ever since the one time I stayed at AKL).

I know! I did actually consider it, but the only day it would really work we're doing Tusker House for breakfast and I think Flame Tree or Yak & Yeti QS for dinner? I did very briefly consider paying OOP for Boma for dinner though. It looks so good!

lol yeah that sugar cleanse is going to up the cravings ante a bit! But good job on your cleanse...sugar is so hard to give up!

I'm doing this Commit to Get Fit program through my gym that is part classroom based, part workout based, and it's a group of us doing it for 13 weeks. So, the cleanse was part of that. I actually had given up grains, dairy and caffeine for the first week too, but those are back into my diet, although I only eat 1 serving of grains a day. Sugar wasn't actually too bad for me to drop. I mostly drink water and even when I do drink soda I prefer Diet Coke. I don't buy pastries because they are a "gateway" food for me, so I haven't had muffins or anything like that in a while. Caffeine was hardest for me. I didn't realize how much I really depend on my 1 cup of coffee a day until I couldn't have it any more!

I've been doing the keto diet (or lifestyle if you will) since November. I've lost 94 lbs. My goals is down 100 before Disney and then I'm not going to worry at all what I have. Zebra domes, dole whips, beaches & cream, carrot cake cookie, rice cream, karamell kuche, etc. The great thing is I can enjoy as much as I want and when I get back, I'll go back to being a "good" boy. ;)

When we were there in February, I ate what I wanted and only gained 3 lbs. I got that back off within 5 days of being back.

Besides, calories don't count at Disney. :lmao:

Good for you!
DH and I already talked about how we're going to TRY to make healthy choices, but also realize we're on vacation and we don't want to hate life while we're there. So, the trick for us will be finding balance. My downfall isn't so much sweets, but things like nachos and pizzas. I love comfort foods.

Well, today has been horrible. I don't know if some you remember a couple of months back, my "first born" dog Peanut passed away from cancer. We were devastated, but it helped knowing we had this trip to look forward to. And we still had our second dog Odie.
Unfortunately early this morning we had to have Odie put to sleep too. :sad::sad:
We found out on Friday that he had advanced kidney disease and an enlarged heart, and that the vet could treat neither. So, she sent us on our way and told us to enjoy the time we had left. Last night my boy was coughing all night and couldn't really catch his breath. I put my hand on his chest this morning and could hear the fluid rattling around in his lungs. DH and I knew it was time. He was shaking because he was having such a hard time breathing, and we were worried he wouldn't make it through the day.
Odie went very quickly and peacefully at the emergency vet (which is where his sister Peanut died.) We are devastated. We realized when we got home that we have never been in our house without one of those dogs in it. It just feels so....empty. :(
I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow, when DH goes back to work, and I will be alone here for the first time.
DH and I both agree that the only good thing about this is that now we don't have to worry that Odie will pass while we're at Disney and that his mom (who is our dog sitter) would have to deal with it. And we'd be nervous the whole time wondering how he's doing and all of that.
I did realize a little bit ago, that this is also the first time we'll be on vacation and no one will be at our house. I assume my MIL won't come to our house now since she doesn't have to dog sit. Guess I'll have to arrange to stop our mail and talk to our next door neighbor to let him know so he can keep an eye on the house.

I'm hoping to resume my normal Disney excitement tomorrow. Today I'm absolutely exhausted and emotional. I really think it's going to help me take my mind off losing Odie.

@areno79 That is awful. I am so sorry for your loss! Losing a pet is excruciating. I'll be thinking of you and your DH :hug:

Well, today has been horrible. I don't know if some you remember a couple of months back, my "first born" dog Peanut passed away from cancer. We were devastated, but it helped knowing we had this trip to look forward to. And we still had our second dog Odie.
Unfortunately early this morning we had to have Odie put to sleep too. :sad::sad:
We found out on Friday that he had advanced kidney disease and an enlarged heart, and that the vet could treat neither. So, she sent us on our way and told us to enjoy the time we had left. Last night my boy was coughing all night and couldn't really catch his breath. I put my hand on his chest this morning and could hear the fluid rattling around in his lungs. DH and I knew it was time. He was shaking because he was having such a hard time breathing, and we were worried he wouldn't make it through the day.
Odie went very quickly and peacefully at the emergency vet (which is where his sister Peanut died.) We are devastated. We realized when we got home that we have never been in our house without one of those dogs in it. It just feels so....empty. :(
I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow, when DH goes back to work, and I will be alone here for the first time.
DH and I both agree that the only good thing about this is that now we don't have to worry that Odie will pass while we're at Disney and that his mom (who is our dog sitter) would have to deal with it. And we'd be nervous the whole time wondering how he's doing and all of that.
I did realize a little bit ago, that this is also the first time we'll be on vacation and no one will be at our house. I assume my MIL won't come to our house now since she doesn't have to dog sit. Guess I'll have to arrange to stop our mail and talk to our next door neighbor to let him know so he can keep an eye on the house.

I'm hoping to resume my normal Disney excitement tomorrow. Today I'm absolutely exhausted and emotional. I really think it's going to help me take my mind off losing Odie.

So sorry. I'm still not over putting my cat to sleep almost 4 years ago. It was so strange to be in the house without him.

*hugs*

So very sorry. It is an agonizing pain.

Good news - the 'tropical wave" off Africa disappeared. Atlantic is clear again as of 7:06 p.m.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Looked it up - Irma was named (Tropical Storm) on 8/30 - hurricane on 8/31 and hit September 5th. At a minimum, I need planes flying through September 7th.
Thanks for the information and link to NOAA.

There were a lot of hurricanes before Irma last year. This year there isn't much activity at all. I am hoping that means we don't have to worry this September. :)

Thanks for the information and link to NOAA.

There were a lot of hurricanes before Irma last year. This year there isn't much activity at all. I am hoping that means we don't have to worry this September. :)

Me, too. I am fortunate to be friends with an actual meteorologist of stature. He told me to email him this weekend for specific information for our travel. Itching to do it early but don't to wear out my welcome. And, it's too early.

Good news - the 'tropical wave" off Africa disappeared. Atlantic is clear again as of 7:06 p.m.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Looked it up - Irma was named (Tropical Storm) on 8/30 - hurricane on 8/31 and hit September 5th. At a minimum, I need planes flying through September 7th.
You're looking at the wrong outlook-- it's still in the 5-day outlook, with a tropical wave expected to come in off the coast of Africa and potentially develop over the weekend. 30% probability of development over the next 5 days; NHC doesn't go out any further (so that number could go up over the next few days, if things are looking favorable).

Still too early to guess at any Florida impacts, though-- if a storm develops there, it could head into the gulf, it could head up the east coast, or it could stay out to sea and not touch anything. Forecast models aren't good enough to make any conclusions of that type more than a few days out (keep that in mind if you happen to see some scary forecast model graphics on Reddit or elsewhere over the next few days).

But we are approaching the most active part of the season-- hurricanes happen. On the bright side, Disney doesn't usually have to close-- Irma last year was only the fifth time in nearly 50 years that they've needed to. So, historically speaking, the odds of a closure in any particular year are fairly low, and the odds of a closure while you're there are even lower.

11 days out for me-- keeping my fingers crossed for no hurricanes.

You're looking at the wrong outlook-- it's still in the 5-day outlook, with a tropical wave expected to come in off the coast of Africa and potentially develop over the weekend. 30% probability of development over the next 5 days; NHC doesn't go out any further (so that number could go up over the next few days, if things are looking favorable).

Still too early to guess at any Florida impacts, though-- if a storm develops there, it could head into the gulf, it could head up the east coast, or it could stay out to sea and not touch anything. Forecast models aren't good enough to make any conclusions of that type more than a few days out (keep that in mind if you happen to see some scary forecast model graphics on Reddit or elsewhere over the next few days).

But we are approaching the most active part of the season-- hurricanes happen. On the bright side, Disney doesn't usually have to close-- Irma last year was only the fifth time in nearly 50 years that they've needed to. So, historically speaking, the odds of a closure in any particular year are fairly low, and the odds of a closure while you're there are even lower.

11 days out for me-- keeping my fingers crossed for no hurricanes.

YES! I have the 48 hour view at home. 5 day at work. Not good. Could easily be a hurricane before we leave. They've upped the formation to TD to 30% in 5 days.

Katrina happened on my wedding. Danielle on our 5th anniversary. Hurricane Gloria hit on my friend Gloria's 2nd wedding - can't make it up - she was a widow in her 70s reconnected with her first love.

I keep saying - Rain is a pain but we can deal. Grounded flights not so much. Kids are on military leave flying from Europe. I can't fix that.

We were there during Labor Day week last year and left right before Irma hit - we flew out the night before they closed the Orlando airport down. It actually hit the Orlando area on the 10th I believe, since the 5th was the day after Labor Day. Either way, I'm happy that a similar storm isn't in the forecast this year... although it sure did make the crowd levels nice!

So sorry for your loss. I lost one of mine just before a trip to Disney about 11 years ago. Longest quietest 3 weeks of my life. I got a new puppy (the guy on the right in my avatar pic) when I got back

We were there during Labor Day week last year and left right before Irma hit - we flew out the night before they closed the Orlando airport down. It actually hit the Orlando area on the 10th I believe, since the 5th was the day after Labor Day. Either way, I'm happy that a similar storm isn't in the forecast this year... although it sure did make the crowd levels nice!

I was supposed to land the day Irma hit Orlando. I remember watching the forecast all week and slowly loosing hope that it would turn up the coast. I’m just hoping I’m not unlucky enough to have it happen twice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter