The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

I see where you can schedule an open house tour of RIV. If we're going on a tour, can we park at RIV?

Of course, if this is feasible, it does come with the added risk that (although pictures/videos have not persuaded me), seeing it in person might make us fall in love with RIV! My bank account hopes that doesn't happen! :rotfl2:
We ended up parking at DHS and taking the Skyliner over to RIV to look around. While there, we ate some Croque Monsieurs at Primo Piatto and had some pastries, cakes, and sweets (read: one of everything) from the Le Petit Cafe in the lobby.

535640 535641 535642 535643 535644

We took a tour and (as I feared) my wife fell in love with the place... except for the walk-in closet (er, I mean tower "studio"). The grand villa is magnificent and the other rooms were great too. We aren't in the market for more points right now, but I suspect in the next year or so RIV might end up being where we add on.

There are some facets of the resort that were "meh" to me (rather un-grand lobby, for example). But the rooms, artwork, etc. were all wonderful.

Last edited:
There are some facets of the resort that were "meh" to me (rather un-grand lobby, for example). But the rooms, artwork, etc. were all wonderful.

The thing about the lobby, though, is that it's a DVC resort. Owners tend to not care much for grand lobbies, as those types of things are viewed as adding to maintenance costs without providing much value to the owners. I'd rather the money be put into rooms, food service, pools and amenities that will actually be used as opposed to the splashy elements that wow visitors.

Steve

The thing about the lobby, though, is that it's a DVC resort. Owners tend to not care much for grand lobbies, as those types of things are viewed as adding to maintenance costs without providing much value to the owners. I'd rather the money be put into rooms, food service, pools and amenities that will actually be used as opposed to the splashy elements that wow visitors.

Steve

I have honestly not heard this take on the lobby, but it makes sense. I for one love the lobby even if its not as "grand" as CCV or VGF.

I have honestly not heard this take on the lobby, but it makes sense. I for one love the lobby even if its not as "grand" as CCV or VGF.

I visited RIV when I was there last weekend and honestly, loved the lobby and its quaintness.

But then again, having an impressive lobby has never been on the top of my list. My resorts of choice have always been based on ease to parks.

Hello everyone! We are here now and LOVING the RIV! I was beyond estatic to try that glorious monte Cristo from Bar Riva and it seems to have completely disappeared from the menu as of yesterday! I am hoping it is a glitch! We had dinner at Topolinos and it is a gorgeous restaurant! The room is lovely. This resort might be our new favorite!!
Does Bar Riva have their Monte Cristo back on the menu??? It was taken off at the menu when we were there is Aug... We have a Riveria stay in Dec over Christmas and we really want the Monte Cristo back!!

I visited RIV when I was there last weekend and honestly, loved the lobby and its quaintness.

But then again, having an impressive lobby has never been on the top of my list. My resorts of choice have always been based on ease to parks.
We didn't dislike the lobby, but compared to the extravagance of the grand villa, arch mosaics, fountains, etc., it just seemed rather understated and small. But the decor did still have an elegance to it.

ETA: and did I mention the baked goods at Le Petit Cafe? 😉

Last edited:

Steve

I haven't stayed at RIV yet, but I don't mind the lobby based on the YouTube videos I've seen. What you're saying makes sense, the lobbies at DVC-dedicated additions at resorts such as Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Contemporary aren't spectacular. They're all nice though and I agree that I'd rather see the money spent on quality dining options or other amenities.

Hey, everyone. I’ve been trying to get to posting some pics and info from my trip, but the beauty of the Riviera struck us too hard and we realized we need more points to stay in the 1 bedroom and are buying a resale contract right now! So that’s been taking up my Disney free time.

We bid on a BWV contract but always do a split stay and this will free up half our Riviera points.
We got upgraded from a studio at CCV to a 1 bedroom and loved it but once we checked into our 1 bedroom at Riviera, it was all over. That room is so large and beautiful!!

A few quick notes on things that come up a lot... We had a standard view. I’ll check my notes and post the room number later, but it was toward the center. We had an indirect but great view of Epcot. Although I think the preferred views are beautiful and I’d love a view of the Skyliner, Epcot is a view I personally prefer so I’d probably always book Standard to save the points. YMMV.

I agree the scaled down lobby is intentional. With the resort being all DVC, who wants visitors clogging up the lobby of our home? Lol. I think all the marble and decor is beautiful, but I love understated elegance.

Bar Riva and the pool were a nice mix of nightlife, certainly less quiet than WL in the evening. I walked over to CB one night though and that had even more energy. Banana Cabana would be a great evening bar alternative.

We didn’t do Epcot at rope drop and the time we rope dropped HS we had an early ADR for Ale & Compass so we walked over. However, we never waited more than a few minutes for the Skyliner. The one exception is when there’s lightning and you have to catch a bus from BWV. The chat function on DME was helpful for checking in as to whether it was running. We did have to catch a bus once. It was a little hectic at the BWV bus stop but a nice bus driver took us within minutes of arriving and informed the passengers who were heading to Disney Springs they’d be making an unscheduled stop.

I’ll post pics soon. I feel so lucky to be an owner at this beautiful place. We were all so sad to leave it!!

Hey, everyone. I’ve been trying to get to posting some pics and info from my trip, but the beauty of the Riviera struck us too hard and we realized we need more points to stay in the 1 bedroom and are buying a resale contract right now! So that’s been taking up my Disney free time.

We bid on a BWV contract but always do a split stay and this will free up half our Riviera points.
We got upgraded from a studio at CCV to a 1 bedroom and loved it but once we checked into our 1 bedroom at Riviera, it was all over. That room is so large and beautiful!!

A few quick notes on things that come up a lot... We had a standard view. I’ll check my notes and post the room number later, but it was toward the center. We had an indirect but great view of Epcot. Although I think the preferred views are beautiful and I’d love a view of the Skyliner, Epcot is a view I personally prefer so I’d probably always book Standard to save the points. YMMV.

I agree the scaled down lobby is intentional. With the resort being all DVC, who wants visitors clogging up the lobby of our home? Lol. I think all the marble and decor is beautiful, but I love understated elegance.

Bar Riva and the pool were a nice mix of nightlife, certainly less quiet than WL in the evening. I walked over to CB one night though and that had even more energy. Banana Cabana would be a great evening bar alternative.

We didn’t do Epcot at rope drop and the time we rope dropped HS we had an early ADR for Ale & Compass so we walked over. However, we never waited more than a few minutes for the Skyliner. The one exception is when there’s lightning and you have to catch a bus from BWV. The chat function on DME was helpful for checking in as to whether it was running. We did have to catch a bus once. It was a little hectic at the BWV bus stop but a nice bus driver took us within minutes of arriving and informed the passengers who were heading to Disney Springs they’d be making an unscheduled stop.

I’ll post pics soon. I feel so lucky to be an owner at this beautiful place. We were all so sad to leave it!!
Loved reading about your visit!!

I have a quick question. What do you mean by the chat function on MDE being helpful for checking the status of the Skyliner? Also, how were you notified you would need to take a BWV bus?

In Regards to the Lobby: The lobby reminds me a lot of boutique hotels I have stayed at in Washington, Boston, and NY. Small but stylish and welcoming, I actually like it, though I do understand it is very different from the normal Disney grand lobby.

Loved reading about your visit!!

I have a quick question. What do you mean by the chat function on MDE being helpful for checking the status of the Skyliner? Also, how were you notified you would need to take a BWV bus?

Thanks!
On the main page of the MDE app, there’s a “chat with us” button that will link you to someone who can contact people around the parks. They were able to tell me whether the Skyliner was running or down.
Once you approach the Skyliner station at the back of Epcot, they direct you to walk over to BW and the bus drivers worked out who would take who.

In Regards to the Lobby: The lobby reminds me a lot of boutique hotels I have stayed at in Washington, Boston, and NY. Small but stylish and welcoming, I actually like it, though I do understand it is very different from the normal Disney grand lobby.
Agree completely.

We may book a one bedroom preferred view villa as that is all that remains during our upcoming Christmas vacation. We are not dvc, we are using a pin code.

From reading a bit here (Thank you!) this category of preferred view seems to include most rooms, even those facing away from the “main ring” of the pools and lake and looking toward CBR. Im not excited though about facing the skyliner station.

How likely are we to be granted a request for a high floor facing toward that main larger ring facing the pool/lake area?

Lastly, are there different layouts for this room type other than a connecting room and non connecting - such that you have a cabinet and Mademoiselle Minnie poster versus a connecting door? Or are they all the same exact layout?

Last edited:
We may book a one bedroom preferred view villa as that is all that remains during our upcoming Christmas vacation. We are not dvc, we are using a pin code.

From reading a bit here (Thank you!) this category of preferred view seems to include most rooms, even those facing away from the “ring” of the pools and lake - looking toward CBR.

How likely are we to be granted a request to facing toward that ring, the pool/lake area?

Lastly, are there different layouts for this room type other than a connecting room and non connecting - such that you have a cabinet and Mademoiselle Minnie poster versus a connecting door? Or are they all the same exact layout?

Only difference I think is possibly an entry cabinet in a dedicated vs a doorway in lock off.

There is very few lock offs so I would focus on location more so than Lock Off or dedicated since no real difference.

I would just put in your primary ask for location and go from there. No guarantee but majority of rooms do fall in the category to overlook the courtyard.

Depends on how much you like parking lot. That said, depending on your room you might have a view of the fireworks that some Preferred view rooms don't have (if they have fireworks again by then). Here are a couple standard views from rooms on 6th floor or above:
8625:
8625-jpg.525811

...the view wasn't much better in this room on the 4th floor....
enhance

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter