The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

I totally agree. We took the Skyliner over to Riviera to refill out drink mugs in the afternoon from Epcot and it was very nice. Not as large or as feature packed as Copper Creek is. Copper Creek just has more to see. We like both RIV just scares me a little bit on the Resale and Standard View Studio Availability. And the Skyliner doesn't seem like its as reliable as it should be yet. I also don't understand why the Skyliner isn't running early enough to take guests to Hollywood Stuidos for rope drop, do they themselves not trust it also to use for rope drop? Plus I read someone else mentioned that Primo Piatto the QS drink section isn't open until 8AM so there's no where to fill drink mugs or get coffee early mornings. I'm not sure if thats 100% true but it seems dumb that it isn't open at 7AM if HS or any parks open at 8AM.

Operating hours are all subject to change so I would not make a decision based on those. Like Crvetter, I’ve stayed at CCV and been to Riviera. Both are very nice.

I will say that if you own RIV, worst case, you do have the option of getting a PV studio and then waitlisting for a SV. At CCV, if you don’t get a studio, your out of luck completely until 7 months to book something, unless you move to a 1 bedroom,
This is a really good point!

Was just checking out some pictures of Bar Riva...looks like a great hang out spot.

When we were there walking the resort back on new years eve, we hit primo piatto and brought our lunch to the steps by the water. so relaxing with an amazing view of the skyliner and water. That's going to be a home run hangout with an espresso in the evening...

ok enough, all this talk is going to make me book an emergency trip ASAP...

Yeah I did :( I think it has something to do with the resort being booked for "hotel" stays as not many rooms are declared to be booked by DVC? Not sure how this is technically done or how it works, but its what I heard. What is obvious is that its extremely popular and people are paying huge premiums to stay here on cash stays and reviews are mostly positive from what I read... We really are a lucky bunch to jump on this early, no doubt owners will be posting about what a great move this was.

Looking at the Add On Promotion for existing members if you buy 175 points at 195 you get $3,000 off. So for 175 points its $31,125 making it $177.85 a point. That's a pretty nice discount.

Can’t help with busses sorry we didn’t use them. I know they don’t share, so that’s a plus.

@TexasChick123 , I understand your feelings about some of the things posted on the other thread. Better off not even going there. I’m still waiting for an answer about the “real” dishes in the studios. It bothers me also when I read things like “don’t waste your time staying there” or “the landscaping is awful, they could have done better”. And the disparaging remarks about the people at the Caribbean beach resort. Some act like the walking dead are creeping their way over to use the facilities. That is true with any resort restaurants. The Grand Floridian has a monorail stop....anyone can walk all over that property. The Poly is right next to the TTC. BLT is joined to the Contemporary with a bridge that anyone can walk across (except after a certain time at night). Everyone is entitled to their opinion and honest observations. I just dislike some of the undercurrents....that’s not the right word, but you know what I mean. The upside is....less non owners vying for less pointy rooms there...might make it easier for last minute trips for us!

I sometimes think about adding on a bit more there, but don’t want to sell any of my other contracts to help pay for it. Perhaps I’ll be able to use the 7 month switch to my advantage. We bought with the intention of going for a week in the “off” season, but would really like to stay there in the nicer weather. It is just so lovely there. If we were okay with a studio it would be a lot easier to stay more, but we are spoiled and usually get a one bedroom.

Can’t help with busses sorry we didn’t use them. I know they don’t share, so that’s a plus.

@TexasChick123 , I understand your feelings about some of the things posted on the other thread. Better off not even going there. I’m still waiting for an answer about the “real” dishes in the studios. It bothers me also when I read things like “don’t waste your time staying there” or “the landscaping is awful, they could have done better”. And the disparaging remarks about the people at the Caribbean beach resort. Some act like the walking dead are creeping their way over to use the facilities. That is true with any resort restaurants. The Grand Floridian has a monorail stop....anyone can walk all over that property. The Poly is right next to the TTC. BLT is joined to the Contemporary with a bridge that anyone can walk across (except after a certain time at night). Everyone is entitled to their opinion and honest observations. I just dislike some of the undercurrents....that’s not the right word, but you know what I mean. The upside is....less non owners vying for less pointy rooms there...might make it easier for last minute trips for us!

I sometimes think about adding on a bit more there, but don’t want to sell any of my other contracts to help pay for it. Perhaps I’ll be able to use the 7 month switch to my advantage. We bought with the intention of going for a week in the “off” season, but would really like to stay there in the nicer weather. It is just so lovely there. If we were okay with a studio it would be a lot easier to stay more, but we are spoiled and usually get a one bedroom.
Im not sure why people hate on cbr. If anyone has actually been to they new lobby it’s gorgeous and smells amazing in there. Its very beach clubby in the lobby if you know what i mean. We stayed at CBR on our honeymoon and loved it in 2015 and its only gotten better. I understand a caribbean beach next to the riviera is odd but oh well. Lol people act like CBR is a second class citizen its ridiculous imo. It only gives you more options for dining at Sebastians Bistro which we’ve heard is very good.

I’ve had a few chances to book a standard 1BR for our 2 “Epcot nights” this summer at RIV with my BLT points. I have passed every time though because I’m so stingy with my points. We’re currently booked in a P/G 1BR with the SV at BWV wait listed. I could’ve also snagged a 1BR at BCV, but I’ve passed on that as well. We love the creepy clown pool slide even if we don’t love BWV enough to own anymore. I’ll still stay there from time to time.

The CBR hate is so bizarre. It looks like a very nice resort and is supposed to have an amazing food court. We own at VGF, and Poly is super close. You can see GF and the Contemporary from Poly. I sometimes wonder if people are using Disney vacations to take the place of actually visiting these amazing real locations which would be a shame if it’s in your budget. No offense to Disney, but I never feel like I’m in Hawaii when I’m at the Poly, for example. I know I’m still in central Florida at Disney. I do feel like I’m in my happy place when eating the nachos at Capt. Cook’s though! Maybe that’s why my family keeps saying we don’t love the super themed resorts because we don’t feel immersed in anything other than a very clean, fun resort. I don’t know. I just don’t get it when people complain about theming and then say they love this resort or that resort which have the cheesiest looking “theming” sometimes. I just want a nice resort with nice rooms and great non-bus transportation options to at least 1 park. I guess that is why we own where we do. :)

Im not sure why people hate on cbr. If anyone has actually been to they new lobby it’s gorgeous and smells amazing in there. Its very beach clubby in the lobby if you know what i mean. We stayed at CBR on our honeymoon and loved it in 2015 and its only gotten better. I understand a caribbean beach next to the riviera is odd but oh well. Lol people act like CBR is a second class citizen its ridiculous imo. It only gives you more options for dining at Sebastians Bistro which we’ve heard is very good.

I’ve stayed at CBR many times per-Skyliner. The bus situation is the worst at Disney. Multiple stops with near full busses. We stayed once in the Pirate Rooms. The beds are uncomfortable and there is an extremely long walk to the pool/lobby.

I think the problem is that the Riviera basically right on top of CBR. The only other resorts I can think of that are that close are the Yacht and Beach Clubs. I don’t understand why the preferred view is the CBR. I would much rather look at Spaceship Earth.

That being said. Overall I like the Riviera. I thought the hotel itself was nice and hope to stay there in October if there is any availability. I want to at least stay there a night before I make any decisions to add on.

I’ve stayed at CBR many times per-Skyliner. The bus situation is the worst at Disney. Multiple stops with near full busses. We stayed once in the Pirate Rooms. The beds are uncomfortable and there is an extremely long walk to the pool/lobby.

I think the problem is that the Riviera basically right on top of CBR. The only other resorts I can think of that are that close are the Yacht and Beach Clubs. I don’t understand why the preferred view is the CBR. I would much rather look at Spaceship Earth.

That being said. Overall I like the Riviera. I thought the hotel itself was nice and hope to stay there in October if there is any availability. I want to at least stay there a night before I make any decisions to add on.
See we stayed at CBR in July in 2015 for our honeymoon got up at rope drop and the busses were awesome. We never had trouble. Take in mind we always caught the busses at the lobby though which we usally always do since we get drinks in the morning. I think it all depends. I think at any time the busses can be bad at any resort at times. Its all timing. In defense of the Pirate rooms and the long walk, the Pirate rooms are only in one village and its the farther one away so that was a problem from the Start in the Pirate rooms. I get that.

I still don't understand those that don't like CBR being so close. Its pretty resort. Its colorful and themed well. Just wondering when did you visit Riviera? Wonder if we were around the same time lol. Have you seen CBR's new lobby? We really loved it. It really steps CBR up a notch. Now they just need to rip the Carpet out of the rooms and put in vinyl flooring.

I also wont lie that I do think they need to redo the room view categories to pool view and epcot view. Thats a big problem.

Just wondering when did you visit Riviera? Wonder if we were around the same time lol.

I was there January 2nd. Had a nice meal at Topolinos and explored the Riviera.

Attachments

• 6B3E279C-D615-48B4-8150-25D3950E3DD5.jpeg
    6B3E279C-D615-48B4-8150-25D3950E3DD5.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 10
I was there January 2nd. Had a nice meal at Topolinos and explored the Riviera.
Hmm that might have been the day we were there! or maybe it was 12/28. We went to Epcot on both of those days. lol You know I have wondered. Why they did not put Topolinos on the wing closer to epcot? because it looks at the parking lot maybe? Would have been a better view of the fireworks if you ask me though lol.

Ssshhhh!!!!! I like the room classification just fine!

I agree that the CBR is very colorful and looks nice from across the water. I don’t agree with the way the people staying there are portrayed as being somewhat beneath having the right to eat at the quick service or have access to the Skyliner. It’s like being angry at the people boarding the resort monorail at the TTC and getting off at the Grand Floridian.

Regarding the lobby.....I also don’t get the trash talk about the lobby size. It is a DVC only resort. I don’t know what people were expecting. But some of the comments :scratchin Although I’m not a big fan of the front desk that really isn’t a front desk, more like a table. And the CMs walking around in front of them with iPads to check you in. I guess that’s the new way, depersonalizing everything. I’ve never done straight to the room check in, but I’m an old fogey.

Hmm that might have been the day we were there! or maybe it was 12/28. We went to Epcot on both of those days. lol You know I have wondered. Why they did not put Topolinos on the wing closer to epcot? because it looks at the parking lot maybe? Would have been a better view of the fireworks if you ask me though lol.

That’s so funny. I was just thinking that. I’m not sure why they put it on that side.

If I am unable to get a room at the Riviera for the dates I need I’m still going to book a dinner reservation at Topolinos. The Tomahawk Veal Chop was excellent.

Ssshhhh!!!!! I like the room classification just fine!

Although I’m not a big fan of the front desk that really isn’t a front desk, more like a table. And the CMs walking around in front of them with iPads to check you in. I guess that’s the new way, depersonalizing everything. I’ve never done straight to the room check in, but I’m an old fogey.

I think its their way of making the riviera experience more premium. I also heard from people that stayed there that said Riviera guests also get trash and new towel service everyday. I hope it lasts but who knows since its new. But I do think disney wants to push this resort to be as lux as the VGF is. So it wouldn't shock me if they continue to offer more services here. I do believe riviera is also the only DVC resort with complimentary Valet also right? anywho lol.

That’s so funny. I was just thinking that. I’m not sure why they put it on that side.

If I am unable to get a room at the Riviera for the dates I need I’m still going to book a dinner reservation at Topolinos. The Tomahawk Veal Chop was excellent.
I've also heard the Steak entree at Primo Piatto is very very good too and I think its only like $17 or $18.

I might be very wrong here but I think originally the skyliner was supposed to go on the top of the west wing and not next to it. Maybe that's why they put the restaurant where they did?

I might be very wrong here but I think originally the skyliner was supposed to go on the top of the west wing and not next to it. Maybe that's why they put the restaurant where they did?
Now that would have been very cool. I was thinking of that too why didn't they put it attached like the monorail is to other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter