The Official NEWSIES Thread (poll closed)

Are you a Newsies fan?

• Yes

• No

• I've never seen this movie/ What are Newsies?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, some of those questions were pretty tough. I think I just got a B- or C+ in Newsies 101. Gotta go watch the movie again! :laughing:

I just came from the Community Board. Wow, the debates are really raging over there! :scared: I have chosen to keep out of the political threads, but I feel a little guilty for participating in such frivolous discussions. In an effort to discuss more important things here on the Newsies thread, I want to ask you all a serious question. Am I the only one who wants to be the guy spinning on the fan at the end of the "King of New York" number? :lmao: (Oh well, so much for being serious. ;)) Come on and admit it!! You know you want to! I found out that the guy's newsie name is "Bumlets". Gotta love those newsie names. In fact, I think it would be fun if we could have those fun names, too. So, Newsies fans, your assignment for this weekend is to choose your own newsie name. I'm trying to decide between "Bounce" and "Tig Blink". :rotfl: Happy name choosing!

P.S. I'm going to be adding to the list of Newsies (page 2) and Newsies slang list (page 3). Check back for the updates! :)

I almost forgot! If any of you are Judy Garland fans, A Star Is Born is coming on tonight on the Turner Classic Movies channel (TCM). I am soooo excited!!! :woohoo: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: I've only seen clips of this movie and I've always wanted to see it in its entirety. To see what time it'll be showing in your neck of the woods, you can check the schedule here. Make sure to adjust the schedule to the correct time zone (ET, CT, etc.).

I just got my movie in the mail!! Which is rather strange because they sent the soundtrack first. :confused: I'm getting ready to watch it now.

And yes! It looked like so much fun spinning around.
Oh! Newsies names...hm. I'll have to think about that for a bit.

I've considered several names like Bounce, Bubbly, Skeeter (anyone remember Muppet Babies?), Cowgirl, Hunny-hater, Woozle and Pumpkin-eater (there's a newsie called "Pie-Eater" in the movie). :rotfl: I think I've finally decided on a newsie name. Tiggerfan1 shall officially be known on this thread as "Tig Blink". You can call me Tig for short (or maybe just Blink). So.......how are you guys coming on your names? If you need help choosing one, just ask. We'll cook up a good one for you! :stir: Mwahahahaha!

:rotfl: That always bothered me too. Although honestly I thought she was annoying, I prefered Scooter :teeth:

Yeah I don't really remember her that well, but I always wondered what happened to her. I absolutely LOVE the Muppets and was happy to see that Scooter made an appearance in last month's "Studio DC" special . . . it seems that he's not really been in anything lately. I'm really excited for the new Muppets Christmas special - that should be really good. :santa:

Sorry for being so off-topic! :blush:

Yeah I don't really remember her that well, but I always wondered what happened to her. I absolutely LOVE the Muppets and was happy to see that Scooter made an appearance in last month's "Studio DC" special . . . it seems that he's not really been in anything lately. I'm really excited for the new Muppets Christmas special - that should be really good. :santa:

Sorry for being so off-topic! :blush:

Oh my gosh I loved that special - I DVR'd the part with Beeker and watched it over and over :rotfl:

Sorry I am being so off-topic too! Anyway, back to the Newsies. I really cannot think of a good name. I think it's harder to think of one for yourself. Can I just be Philadelphia to Spot's Brooklyn? :teeth:

Whatever happened to Skeeter?! She suddenly disappeared after Muppet Babies.
Hi, WS! :wave2: I often thought the same thing about Skeeter. My guess is that Miss Piggy refused to do the Muppet Show if Skeeter was on it, too. She was probably afraid that Skeeter might steal Kermit away from her. Miss Piggy doesn't like competition!! :rotfl:

Sorry I am being so off-topic too! Anyway, back to the Newsies. I really cannot think of a good name. I think it's harder to think of one for yourself. Can I just be Philadelphia to Spot's Brooklyn? :teeth:

How about just Phil? :)

Since tomorrow is election day, I probably won't be on the DIS (I'll probably be glued to the TV screen.) I shall leave you with a question. Which newsie would make a good president and why? Please....no snarky political comments and PLEASE don't let this turn into a debate!! This is only for fun.

For those of you who haven't seen them, here are the Newsies parody videos (in case you want a little entertainment to take your mind off the election). A girl from the Newsies Freak site parodied the movie with her friends at Disneyland and California Adventure. They dressed up as newsies, sang and danced to the songs-- the whole nine yards. It's hilarious!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Hi, WS! :wave2: I often thought the same thing about Skeeter. My guess is that Miss Piggy refused to do the Muppet Show if Skeeter was on it, too. She was probably afraid that Skeeter might steal Kermit away from her. Miss Piggy doesn't like competition!! :rotfl:

:laughing: She sure didn't like it when that other pig (Annie Sue?) was on it, so that would make sense. :rotfl:

There is a Newsies messageboard on yahooboards/yahoogroups.

My nickname there is Aura!

I love Newsies so much and am glad there is a fanbase out there! I feel like I am the only person who knows about this movie. I pop into the Disney store just to ask once in a while, and most of the employees have never heard of it!

If anyone will know the answer to this, it's the DISboards. When Newsies opened, did anything happen in the Disney parks? Was there ever mention of Newsies in the parks ever?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter