*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

We booked our December trip back in February so I was very excited to see that Rise of Resistance will open during our trip.

Our dates are Dec 4th to 9th at the Beach Club. :)

We will also be there when Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator at the Candlelight Processional. We have always watched it from outside the pavilion, where you can hear everything but can't see the stage. He is one of the most popular narrators and we'll make every effort to see him.

Our trip is 12/1-12/6. We don’t plan to go to HS at all. For those of you who are veterans of this insanity, am I going to regret this trip? I was hoping for a slightly less busy time as my ODD is disabled. We just want to enjoy Christmas decorations and princesses.

We booked our December trip back in February so I was very excited to see that Rise of Resistance will open during our trip.

Our dates are Dec 4th to 9th at the Beach Club. :)

We will also be there when Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator at the Candlelight Processional. We have always watched it from outside the pavilion, where you can hear everything but can't see the stage. He is one of the most popular narrators and we'll make every effort to see him.
We've seen NPH twice, he's fantastic!

Our on again off again December visit is back on, but just a little. We are currently booked for a single night at Saratoga Springs the week after RotR is to open. I'm hoping we keep this reservation (which will likely involve two full days at Hollywood Studios); we'll see.

My OCD planner disease got the best of me & I just had to book the Holiday D-Lights tour without knowing who the Candlelight Processional narrator would be. I still have 2 days prior to the tour to cancel. I'm also still unsure if we'll get into Galaxy's Edge at all so I'm trying not to plan anything else & hoping we'll squeeze that in somewhere. :darth:

So now that free dining is out for almost all of December, does anyone have any thoughts on what this means for crowds?? I have 12/6-12/14 booked with a FD BB offer and I’m curious if this week will be scary crazy or maybe busy, but not so bad. ROTR opening 12/5 really raised my anxiety lol!

So now that free dining is out for almost all of December, does anyone have any thoughts on what this means for crowds?? I have 12/6-12/14 booked with a FD BB offer and I’m curious if this week will be scary crazy or maybe busy, but not so bad. ROTR opening 12/5 really raised my anxiety lol!
Disney is always crowded and I don't think free dining will affect it. Kids are still in school so crowds should be okay.

Flights are booked! Weirdly this is the moment it becomes real - non refundable airline tix. Lol. Silly because in the grand scheme of things the flights are peanuts.

Hoping my agent can eek out some savings with the specials announced today but if she does, I’ve already done the Disney math to reallocate the savings.

Changed our dates and where we are staying with the FD that just came out. We are now at ASMu the 13-18. Flights are just too crazy to go when we wanted so DS does miss a couple days of school but he is good. We did upgrade to the regular dining plan as at 12 (will turn 13 last day of trip) loves character meals and eats like crazy so it is a win for us! So excited to really start planning!

Well, we've switched up things yet again. Our dates are back to 11/30-12/6 and we will be at Beach Club which I'm really excited about! The proximity to Epcot will really come in handy this trip. Also, some of the family that was planning on going has backed out so I'm only planning for 7 now instead of the original 10. Hopefully that makes FP selection a little easier.

I was so excited to see FD released that included our dates! But then I saw the only availability was at the Poly and some other deluxe resorts which would increase our total price by $3000+. We will be sticking with POFQ and paying for dining. lol!

Check back every so often. I found a Fort Wilderness cabin today with dining that is $20 less than my current stay at AoA Nemo. I’m sticking with AoA but it sure was tempting.

12/1-12/8 - Unvoiced_Apollo - Coronado Springs Resort

Already have my ducks in a row except FP+. I fear the Rise of Resistance. JK. But I am a bit beside myself with joy that it's opening and dread of what it'll do to crowd level. I had backup plans for my backup plans. After DHS's change to their FP+ it throws another wrench into them🤪. Oh well, just happy to be going down for a third time. And I'll just enjoy what I can. After all, no plan survives first contact with Disney 🤣.

ADRs
12/1 Raglan Road (dinner)
12/2 Tiffins (lunch)
12/3 50s Primetime (lunch)
12/4 1900 Park Fare (dinner)
12/5 Garden Grill (lunch)
12/6 Hollywood Brown Derby (lunch)
12/7 Storybook Dining at Artist Point (dinner)

All new for us. A couple subject to change due to having MVMCP tickets and ADRs being at two on those days

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter