*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Can you add me to roll call? 11/30-12/07 at Pop.

My planning is all over the place, first time doing hopper tickets- too many options to choose from!

First time going in December, never done any Holidays stuff in the past. Not sure yet if we are doing MVMCP due to cost - considering putting that money into EMM at MK and DS instead to get out of crowds. Any thoughts?

We did get Candlelight DP for NPH! Excited about that!

Can you add me to roll call? 11/30-12/07 at Pop.

My planning is all over the place, first time doing hopper tickets- too many options to choose from!

First time going in December, never done any Holidays stuff in the past. Not sure yet if we are doing MVMCP due to cost - considering putting that money into EMM at MK and DS instead to get out of crowds. Any thoughts?

We did get Candlelight DP for NPH! Excited about that!
I think whether or not to do MVMCP depends on what you want out of the event. We liked it, but it was busy and we probably won't do it again for a while. We were mostly there for extra time at the park and the fireworks. If we were really excited about the parade it might be a different story.

Just booked All star Sports 12/15-12/22!
We also splurged on deluxe dining, so I'm looking forward to trying restaurants we've never been to.

Question - Is Story Book dining super popular? I thought it would be easy to book, but there's no availability for the entire week we're there.
Any tips?

Question - Is Story Book dining super popular? I thought it would be easy to book, but there's no availability for the entire week we're there.
It has become popular and very hard to book. You could set a search for it on Touring Plans and maybe get it that way.

We booked Tony’s Most Merriest Town Party yesterday. My husband wasn’t too happy that it’s an up charge on an already upcharged event but it does look fun. We are doing it on our second party.

We also have our CLP dining package booked but for 3:50pm on December 5th aka ROTR opening day! We were in DL for GE’s opening at 8am so we rode SR on opening day. Sooo excited to say we will be riding ROTR on opening day! My husband seems to think we will have enough time to ride it and get to Epcot for 3:50 but I don’t want to take the chance. But really wanted to see NPH as a narrator. I just wish WDW had followed DL’s reservation periods because that was seriously the best thing Disney have ever done, still raving about how well it was handled!

We also splurged on deluxe dining, so I'm looking forward to trying restaurants we've never been to.

Any tips?

Unfortunately this "late" in the game to make ADRs for the holiday season (after hitting the 180 mark) is going to be difficult. And I would imagine especially character meals.

There are various dining reservation services (many free) that you can set up a search and will give you a text. Touring plans was recommended and I'm going to add in looking into Mouse .Dining. There's another one but can't think off the top of my head what it is.

I'm guessing this was for Artist Point (I ask because Akershus is similarly named). Do you want it specifically for the characters or is it more the style of food/service (as opposed to the traditional all you care to enjoy) with character experience?

Last edited:

We booked Tony’s Most Merriest Town Party yesterday. My husband wasn’t too happy that it’s an up charge on an already upcharged event but it does look fun. We are doing it on our second party.

We also have our CLP dining package booked but for 3:50pm on December 5th aka ROTR opening day! We were in DL for GE’s opening at 8am so we rode SR on opening day. Sooo excited to say we will be riding ROTR on opening day! My husband seems to think we will have enough time to ride it and get to Epcot for 3:50 but I don’t want to take the chance. But really wanted to see NPH as a narrator. I just wish WDW had followed DL’s reservation periods because that was seriously the best thing Disney have ever done, still raving about how well it was handled!
I would be at SWGE pre-opening and do SR first thing. We are planning a similar day but not until the 9th.

Any tips?
I just booked last week for the same time period and was hoping for Storybook or Ohana (leaning more toward Ohana). Both were unavailable. However, I have checked periodically and have had times pop up for Ohana on the day that I want (12/20). I chose 5:25 (still hoping for earlier due to flying out that night but not until 9:55). It just popped up a few minutes ago with an 8 pm time. So keep trying, people change their minds frequently.

I would be at SWGE pre-opening and do SR first thing. We are planning a similar day but not until the 9th.

Yes my husband agrees, he seems to think if we walk over from Yacht Club at around 3am and start queuing we should be done and be able to get to Epcot in plenty of time. I’m just worried if we queue for 7 hours and then have to leave without riding in case we miss a $150 plus dining package!

i am debating whether to do this during the party we booked on the 17th. How early do you have to get there? How long are you there? Is it limited enough so that everyone attending gets a good view without jockeying for it?
TIA

i am debating whether to do this during the party we booked on the 17th. How early do you have to get there? How long are you there? Is it limited enough so that everyone attending gets a good view without jockeying for it?
TIA

Interested in hearing from those who attended last year. I made reservations yesterday; although I love the treats, the reserved parade viewing area won me over.

Interested in hearing from those who attended last year. I made reservations yesterday; although I love the treats, the reserved parade viewing area won me over.

So while I didn't attend last year, I'm attending Tony's as well after doing some research. I read the antipasto & desserts are worthwhile but the hot food stations varied from person to person. Which tbh seems par for the course in general for Tony's.

However, if it's anything like last year, you're free to come & go as you please. Plus the parade viewing. And adult drinks. I think overall it is the more worthwhile extra extra (as in upon the already expensive MVMCP ticket) than the holiday fireworks dessert party.

Yippee! We are finally booked for our biannual Christmas trip. Saratoga Springs on 12/22 and then check in at Coronado Springs for 12/23-1/3 for free dining. Disney sure made us wait longer than usual for it, but I’m glad we didn’t give up watching for it.

I don’t know about anyone else, but we kind of used to consider ourselves semi-pros when it comes to tackling the parks over Christmas, but between all the loss of EMH last year, combined with the great unknown that is SWGE this year, we are at a loss on much of our planning!

We are just penciling in some vague plans for now, mixed with hopefully ok dining ressies since I’m shooting in the dark in park days, and plan to be ok with having to change it all over again once we have a better idea what SWGE might do to park hours.

I just hope things are updated somewhat before we need to do fast passes, but who knows.

Eek! Just made the change from the cabins at FW to Animal Kingdom Lodge to get an insane savings with Free Dining. Now I'm wondering about swapping an ADR for Le Cellier to Jiko. Thoughts?

Eek! Just made the change from the cabins at FW to Animal Kingdom Lodge to get an insane savings with Free Dining. Now I'm wondering about swapping an ADR for Le Cellier to Jiko. Thoughts?

We loved Jiko, so I would say yes! It is nice to dine where you stay if it fits well into your schedule. Will you be at the resort or would it be convenient to be there?

We loved Jiko, so I would say yes! It is nice to dine where you stay if it fits well into your schedule. Will you be at the resort or would it be convenient to be there?
Still sketching out our daily plan, so not sure yet. We had thought to go back to the resort and rest a bit during the day, then go back out for dinner and more fun at night. Maybe the night we had planned for Le Cellier we stay closer to the resort instead.

Still sketching out our daily plan, so not sure yet. We had thought to go back to the resort and rest a bit during the day, then go back out for dinner and more fun at night. Maybe the night we had planned for Le Cellier we stay closer to the resort instead.
So many options either way. We did an evening at AKL on a trip last fall and it was fun to hang around the resort. We actually came from BLT for the evening for dinner and stayed to watch animals, talk to the man carving wood animals in the lobby, and generally enjoy the relaxing lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter