*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

You are so lucky to have so many fun Dismeets this year. :)

They make you wait in the order line to ask for a cup of ice water
They did at that place. Honestly it’s the only QS place we’ve stopped at so maybe it’s not the norm? We ordered ours with our pretzel so no problem but people walking up to the pick up window for water were directed to the order window.

Was Kylo Ren the only one with the photo box?
sorry for the delay - we had the box at Chewbacca, Kylo Ren and Tinker Bell. I'm missing a bunch of pictures from Chewy and Tink which they said would probably happen because we did a group shot then the kids all did invidiual. I forgot to stop at there to have them added so I just emailed through the site and hoping to get them.

We leave bright and early in the morning. Today was a KILLER day at work and I had to do some overtime, but finally.....BAGS ARE AS PACKED AS CAN BE!!!! YAY! 😁😁😁(And under 50 lbs! woohoo! We invested in one of those luggage scale thingys and it has been a lifesaver! No more anxiously weighing my gigantic suitcase at the airport! I've had to stop and pull crap out right there at the airport too many times!!!🤪)

We have to get up at 3:30 AM in the morning 😳😳😳 - hubby's best friend is SO awesome and is actually picking us up around 4:00AM for the 1 hr. drive to the airport in OKC so we don't have to pay for airport parking all week. He is so stinkin awesome to do that for us! I'm thinking we will have to get him an awesome souvenir!!!

Usually I am so excited/anxious for traveling to WDW the next day that I can't sleep the night before, but after the busy day I've had today I don't think I'm gonna have any problems tonight! To all of you who are already there, HELLO and we'll see ya real soon! 😉 To everyone else getting ready for your trip - it will be here before you know it!!! :D

Ok now that I'm home I have a quick run down of our trip. I tried to stay offline as much as possible while there except when needed for the app or for a few short moments.
We flew in Thursday 8/1 - everything went pretty smoothly, arrived at ME and were the last 4 on the bus to Pop so didn't have to wait to leave. Got the room request we wanted in the 50's section (and my parents and nieces ultimately ended up connecting to us!)
8/2 - tried Sea World for the first time and had a great day. Their all day dining is so awesome! Unlimited drinks, one entree per hour and one snack/app per hours - the snack can be any time and doesn't have to be purchased with a meal. It rained from 3 to when we left at 9 that day but we still saw all we wanted and had a great time. My parents and nieces arrived that evening and were at Pop when we got back there
8/3 - headed to AK and hit FOP first thing, waited almost 2 hours but the kids loved it because we went back on with a FP later that day. Dinner that night was at RainForest and we all enjoyed. It was also the first time we saw Pandora in the dark, which was beautiful!
8/4 - an AMAZING DAY!! Went to Guest Relations in the park upon arriving with my dad to purchase the Veteran's memory maker and he was asked to be the Veteran of the Day and take part in the Flag Retreat!! He was so humbled and honored. It rained right at 5:00 so he didn't get the band to play live but it was still beautiful and he was presented with his certificate inside of town hall. Our photographer took a TON of family photos after. Also earlier on this day my kids had their back to school hair cuts at Harmony Barber Shop just before the parade started. We stayed until fireworks and watched from Fantasyland. My DD danced her competitive solo this past year to Happily Ever After so it was fun watching her perform her dance in the Magic Kingdom (although slightly altered lol)
8/5 brought us to HS. We rope dropped Slinky which the kids loved also. The highlight of this day was my DS being the REBEL SPY on Star Tours. Our dinner at 50's PT was good as always, although our server wasn't quite as fun as we would have liked to have had but we still enjoyed it
8/6 - EPCOT. Not too much here. We did everything in future world and by 1:30 went to ride TT but got rained out, so they reinstated our FP for anytime later. We went back to the resort and after the rain ended, went swimming then back to EPCOT. Rode TT and had dinner at the Mexican Quick Service which was really good. Had fun on FEA (not long wait during Illuminations at all! - except 4 adults in one row was quite entertaining because teh 4 kids wanted to sit together!)
8/7 - back to MK. This was the day I was waiting for. DD was finally able to do BBB with her 2 cousins! We had a late lunch at CRT after whcih did not disappoint and my DD who was on her first trip was just over the moon! My other niece was then picked to play the Beast at Enchanted Tales and my DD was Mrs. Potts.
8/8 - back to EPCOT. After awhile my family of 4 left the others to head back for a rest because we made a last minute decision to attend Villains. While I enjoyed it, as stated on the FB group, I was a little disappointed in the crowds. I read reviews but was still hoping it would be more like last year's after hours feel. It was busier then I anticipated and even the popcorn carts couldn't keep up at times but I did still enjoy it
8/9 - went to Typhoon Lagoon until it closed for weather around 3 (it later reopened but we were exhausted from the night before!) so went back and just relaxed in the pool at POP and had dinner there
8/10 - Marathon rope drop to close day at MK! So much fun!! Only we rope dropped 7DMT and it went down and stayed down about 2 hours and then the waits were long we never got back on. Didn't stop the feeling of the day though! My DS had another amazing moment - when he was picked to be Randall for the Monster's Laugh In!! Highlights included meeting Stitch and him picking DH out in the crowd and totally picking on him the whole time we were waiting - then he put DH in the corner when we got u pto the meet - so much fun! We ended the night riding BTMR during the fireworks which was so cool My nieces said the best way to end their trips!
8/11 - parents and nieces left early and we headed to DS for bowling and some shopping. Went back to swim then finished up at MK for evening. DS and DH were tired so went back early and DD and I stayed to watch the fireworks together.
All in all a wonderful and magical trip! I hope everyone else enjoyed their trips and to everyone getting ready to go - enjoy every moment!! Don't let the little things get to you or bug you - go with the flow and enjoy!
(we could have had better fastpasses with the longer trip but purchased tickets right when fastpasses were starting and mine was messed up putting me a few days behind from what I wanted. I had FOP and Slinky at the end of the trip but we ended up moving everything around so managed without a lot of the major ride fastpasses. Only one was 7DMT that I wished i could've had my nieces ride at least one more time but they were happy to have ridden once!)

We leave bright and early in the morning. Today was a KILLER day at work and I had to do some overtime, but finally.....BAGS ARE AS PACKED AS CAN BE!!!! YAY! 😁😁😁(And under 50 lbs! woohoo! We invested in one of those luggage scale thingys and it has been a lifesaver! No more anxiously weighing my gigantic suitcase at the airport! I've had to stop and pull crap out right there at the airport too many times!!!🤪)

We have to get up at 3:30 AM in the morning 😳😳😳 - hubby's best friend is SO awesome and is actually picking us up around 4:00AM for the 1 hr. drive to the airport in OKC so we don't have to pay for airport parking all week. He is so stinkin awesome to do that for us! I'm thinking we will have to get him an awesome souvenir!!!

Usually I am so excited/anxious for traveling to WDW the next day that I can't sleep the night before, but after the busy day I've had today I don't think I'm gonna have any problems tonight! To all of you who are already there, HELLO and we'll see ya real soon! 😉 To everyone else getting ready for your trip - it will be here before you know it!!! :D

Safe travels, and have a magical time! We'll be right behind you! pixiedust:

Ok now that I'm home I have a quick run down of our trip. I tried to stay offline as much as possible while there except when needed for the app or for a few short moments.
We flew in Thursday 8/1 - everything went pretty smoothly, arrived at ME and were the last 4 on the bus to Pop so didn't have to wait to leave. Got the room request we wanted in the 50's section (and my parents and nieces ultimately ended up connecting to us!)
8/2 - tried Sea World for the first time and had a great day. Their all day dining is so awesome! Unlimited drinks, one entree per hour and one snack/app per hours - the snack can be any time and doesn't have to be purchased with a meal. It rained from 3 to when we left at 9 that day but we still saw all we wanted and had a great time. My parents and nieces arrived that evening and were at Pop when we got back there
8/3 - headed to AK and hit FOP first thing, waited almost 2 hours but the kids loved it because we went back on with a FP later that day. Dinner that night was at RainForest and we all enjoyed. It was also the first time we saw Pandora in the dark, which was beautiful!
8/4 - an AMAZING DAY!! Went to Guest Relations in the park upon arriving with my dad to purchase the Veteran's memory maker and he was asked to be the Veteran of the Day and take part in the Flag Retreat!! He was so humbled and honored. It rained right at 5:00 so he didn't get the band to play live but it was still beautiful and he was presented with his certificate inside of town hall. Our photographer took a TON of family photos after. Also earlier on this day my kids had their back to school hair cuts at Harmony Barber Shop just before the parade started. We stayed until fireworks and watched from Fantasyland. My DD danced her competitive solo this past year to Happily Ever After so it was fun watching her perform her dance in the Magic Kingdom (although slightly altered lol)
8/5 brought us to HS. We rope dropped Slinky which the kids loved also. The highlight of this day was my DS being the REBEL SPY on Star Tours. Our dinner at 50's PT was good as always, although our server wasn't quite as fun as we would have liked to have had but we still enjoyed it
8/6 - EPCOT. Not too much here. We did everything in future world and by 1:30 went to ride TT but got rained out, so they reinstated our FP for anytime later. We went back to the resort and after the rain ended, went swimming then back to EPCOT. Rode TT and had dinner at the Mexican Quick Service which was really good. Had fun on FEA (not long wait during Illuminations at all! - except 4 adults in one row was quite entertaining because teh 4 kids wanted to sit together!)
8/7 - back to MK. This was the day I was waiting for. DD was finally able to do BBB with her 2 cousins! We had a late lunch at CRT after whcih did not disappoint and my DD who was on her first trip was just over the moon! My other niece was then picked to play the Beast at Enchanted Tales and my DD was Mrs. Potts.
8/8 - back to EPCOT. After awhile my family of 4 left the others to head back for a rest because we made a last minute decision to attend Villains. While I enjoyed it, as stated on the FB group, I was a little disappointed in the crowds. I read reviews but was still hoping it would be more like last year's after hours feel. It was busier then I anticipated and even the popcorn carts couldn't keep up at times but I did still enjoy it
8/9 - went to Typhoon Lagoon until it closed for weather around 3 (it later reopened but we were exhausted from the night before!) so went back and just relaxed in the pool at POP and had dinner there
8/10 - Marathon rope drop to close day at MK! So much fun!! Only we rope dropped 7DMT and it went down and stayed down about 2 hours and then the waits were long we never got back on. Didn't stop the feeling of the day though! My DS had another amazing moment - when he was picked to be Randall for the Monster's Laugh In!! Highlights included meeting Stitch and him picking DH out in the crowd and totally picking on him the whole time we were waiting - then he put DH in the corner when we got u pto the meet - so much fun! We ended the night riding BTMR during the fireworks which was so cool My nieces said the best way to end their trips!
8/11 - parents and nieces left early and we headed to DS for bowling and some shopping. Went back to swim then finished up at MK for evening. DS and DH were tired so went back early and DD and I stayed to watch the fireworks together.
All in all a wonderful and magical trip! I hope everyone else enjoyed their trips and to everyone getting ready to go - enjoy every moment!! Don't let the little things get to you or bug you - go with the flow and enjoy!
(we could have had better fastpasses with the longer trip but purchased tickets right when fastpasses were starting and mine was messed up putting me a few days behind from what I wanted. I had FOP and Slinky at the end of the trip but we ended up moving everything around so managed without a lot of the major ride fastpasses. Only one was 7DMT that I wished i could've had my nieces ride at least one more time but they were happy to have ridden once!)

Sounds like you all had a fabulous time, thanks for sharing. How special that your dad was chosen for the Flag Retreat, it must have been a proud moment for him!

Don't know who's watching the Halloween thread but I posted a few Halloween items, best part most have prices so we know what we're getting our selves into. I can hear it now; cha-ching$ :rotfl:
LINK

Last edited:
Wow! You and your family were seriously dusted!!! :tink:
You made me tear up with your father! What branch did he serve?
We need more stories like yours, thanks so much for sharing!
:hug:
He was in the Army and served two tours in Vietnam (actually volunteered to go the second time so his younger brother wouldn’t have to go over so soon). We saw the retreat last time he was with us and he said before we left that he would love to do it so it was so cool that he was picked.
Funny story - while we were in line at guest services, my mom was outside with the kids taking pictures. A CM offered to take a pic with her in it but he got a phone call and had to stop a minute. Here, it was the man in charge of the retreat and the call he received was telling him they picked the Veteran! Everyone realized it when a few minutes later he walked by my mom and saw my dad. He said wow, the call I received while taking your picture was that your husband was picked today! Totally amazing and meant to be! It won’t let me upload the pictures as I have them saved right now but I will get some up soon.

Attachments

• 052ACD6C-875E-4047-956C-CD3C760D0CF3.jpeg
    052ACD6C-875E-4047-956C-CD3C760D0CF3.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 11
He was in the Army and served two tours in Vietnam (actually volunteered to go the second time so his younger brother wouldn’t have to go over so soon). We saw the retreat last time he was with us and he said before we left that he would love to do it so it was so cool that he was picked.
Funny story - while we were in line at guest services, my mom was outside with the kids taking pictures. A CM offered to take a pic with her in it but he got a phone call and had to stop a minute. Here, it was the man in charge of the retreat and the call he received was telling him they picked the Veteran! Everyone realized it when a few minutes later he walked by my mom and saw my dad. He said wow, the call I received while taking your picture was that your husband was picked today! Totally amazing and meant to be! It won’t let me upload the pictures as I have them saved right now but I will get some up soon.

WOW! Now that doesn't happen often! What a great story to share! Keep them coming and by the way pass the tissues please!!!! :sad1: :hug:

That gave me chills! Ever been to Ft. Carson in Colorado? My father served in the Marines, retired Master Sergeant. Hubby was in the Air Force 8 years.

Last edited:

If you take me with you I can help pick out that awesome souvenir! :rotfl:
Have a fantastic trip!

8/4 - an AMAZING DAY!! Went to Guest Relations in the park upon arriving with my dad to purchase the Veteran's memory maker and he was asked to be the Veteran of the Day and take part in the Flag Retreat!! He was so humbled and honored. It rained right at 5:00 so he didn't get the band to play live but it was still beautiful and he was presented with his certificate inside of town hall. Our photographer took a TON of family photos after.
I love watching the flag retreat and bawl my eyes out at each one. What a memory for your whole family!

! We invested in one of those luggage scale thingys and it has been a lifesaver!

I almost bought one of those little scales that you lift your luggage with to weigh. They had them at Marshall’s along with packing cubes (which I have & love) and other travel stuff. But i know myself & would use it this trip but forget where I put it the next trip. 😝

Enjoy your trip!

So many magical moments during your trip! Your dad’s story is pretty amazing. ❤️ Thank you for sharing it with us.

How long was your wait for SDD at rope drop?

Don't know who's watching the Halloween thread but I posted a few Halloween items, best part most have prices so we know what we're getting our selves into. I can hear it now; cha-ching$ :rotfl:
LINK

I’m afraid to look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter