*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

We're all packed up, last will be hitching up the rig, but we're ready early, we're about 2 hours from FW. Looks like we're going swimming one last time before heading to Fort Wilderness! 😂 So happy to be sleeping there tonight and then Hollywood Studios in the morning, Morimoto Asia for dinner, and EPCOT at night!!! ❤🥰

So we are all packed and ready to wake up at 4 am for our early flight tomorrow and my 5yo had a 102 fever at bedtime. :( Started at 100 last night but was otherwise totally fine all day, until that. I'm really hoping this goes away quickly but am now freaking out a bit! Just sent DH to the store for chewable kid's ibuprofen for the carry-on. Any advice if we need to see a dr? Found an old post mentioning a Walgreens clinic nearby and also in-room doctors, if that is still a thing. Agh!!! Worst timing!
I hope all was better this morning. One year my youngest son got sick as we were driving down a night early for our morning flight. He was fine by morning and had no lingering side effects. I hope this is the case for you. Hope you have a great trip!

Just got back and we had a great time. I can tell you that MK is super busy. I have heard through the grapevine that due to 4th quarter financials, some CMs had their hours reduced. Also, got a chance to go to Galaxies Edge and it's amazing.

Did you get on the ride?

Better to make the trip to the doctor BEFORE you go however inconvenient. I've learned that lesson the hard way. Ear infections would be a nightmare on a flight.

Agree! We have our appointments all set for next week before we leave and more appointments when we return. School will have begun on Sept. 3rd and we'll need to get flu shots when we get back.

Just finishing up with work for the day. Only two work days left!! I should be getting work done butttttt that probably won't happen!! Question about the free water at QS. Can we just walk up to the pickup counter and ask for ice water? Or do we need to wait in line to get it? I'm thinking of places like Cosmic Rays/Pinnochio's/etc.

Just finishing up with work for the day. Only two work days left!! I should be getting work done butttttt that probably won't happen!! Question about the free water at QS. Can we just walk up to the pickup counter and ask for ice water? Or do we need to wait in line to get it? I'm thinking of places like Cosmic Rays/Pinnochio's/etc.

Since you technically order from a cashier then go pick up the food in most QS locations I dont think it would rude to just go right up to the counter and ask for some ice water. Its not like you are cutting the line and getting your food order made ahead of someone else. Just my opinion though.

It is really hard I know. The struggle is real over here.

Checking in again... today is day 6. We have 5 more sleeps here:-) I'm at PORS still and our gift shop brought out Hallowe'en souvenirs today. Saw T-shirts and those cute ears with candy corn bow. Also saw an adorable apron (black and hot pink I think) and it said something like "The Wicked Queen of Hallowe'en" (or something similar) on it.
We went to EPCOT this morning - rode Soarin, LWTL, TT, Spaceship Earth and had breakfast at Akershsus. Had a FP for FEA but it went down for a while so so we used it for TT. Had a swim at resort now relaxing as we are going into DHS tonight - we have late dinner reservations at Sci Fi. It's a big storm out right now, so it's nice to be inside our rooms having a break. Maybe it will clear out the park and we can get a decent FP:-) Crowds seems lighter today, so that's a good thing!
Just a note to dole whip lovers, they now serve it at Disney Springs (where it used to be popcorn, just across from TrenD). We've had a couple here- I know they have them at the MK but it's always busy and we're always full from buffets or busy going on rides and never seem to be in the mood to have one there, so we've enjoyed having them while we wander Disney Springs.

Just got back and we had a great time. I can tell you that MK is super busy. I have heard through the grapevine that due to 4th quarter financials, some CMs had their hours reduced. Also, got a chance to go to Galaxies Edge and it's amazing.
Is there a CM in your group or were they just offering soft previews for SWGE?

Just go to the counter. Don’t feel bad. Lots of time they have pre-made cups just ready to hand out.

When we were buying a pretzel at the Lunching Pad the other day, someone came to the pick up window to ask for water and they made them go to the order window. I’m not sure the consistency of that but that’s what we saw at that location.

They do have self serve water stations and bottle refills:

Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe in Magic Kingdom
The two fountains currently bookend Bay 2, so if you’re over by Bay 1, there should be one located on the right side, and if you’re over by Bay 3, there should be one by the left side.

Tony's Town Square restaurant - USE THE CUP!

You can go to a Starbucks location and ask for an ice water. They are going to provide you with a tall (small) cup with their triple-filtered water…but every so often they’ll ask you what size you’d like. Don’t go crazy, but if they offer…take this chance to rehydrate. The BIG part about this tip is simple: You must stand in line like everyone else.

Gaston’s Tavern

Water Fountain at Animal Kingdom Lodge Bus Stop

Last edited:
When we were buying a pretzel at the Lunching Pad the other day, someone came to the pick up window to ask for water and they made them go to the order window. I’m not sure the consistency of that but that’s what we saw at that location.
I usually avoid asking at smaller kiosky type places where there are only a few people working because yeah, it does slow things down for people who are waiting in line. But the bigger quick service locations have lots of people working the counter. Often they are waiting on orders to come out, so it’s easy for them to grab waters without it affecting anyone’s wait time.

I usually avoid asking at smaller kiosky type places where there are only a few people working because yeah, it does slow things down for people who are waiting in line. But the bigger quick service locations have lots of people working the counter. Often they are waiting on orders to come out, so it’s easy for them to grab waters without it affecting anyone’s wait time.

Yeah, I think at the big QS we'll go up to the counter, and at the smaller window-type QS we'll wait in line.

@Disneylover99

Did you happen to see the Hocus Pocus Compact Mirror $19.99 anywhere?

They are sold out online :( I'd like to get one. Just one. We'll be there on Aug 27th.

One week from now we will have finished drinks at Jock Lindsay's/dinner at Morimoto with a few of our closest DIS friends and will either be closing down a resort lounge somewhere or getting ready for our HS RD the next morning :thumbsup2
You are so lucky to have so many fun Dismeets this year. :)
They make you wait in the order line to ask for a cup of ice water

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter