• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

ohh too quick I was still asking....
So if I'm reading THIS right, the only BB offer I'm able to book for 2020 is Free Dinning? Is there anyway around that? Like book the 2020 offer now then when Room Only comes out mid-October or so, change it to the new offer?
Hmmm. I don’t know. I’ve never heard of anyone doing this, but maybe it’s because nobody’s asked. I’m thinking no, because you’re booking a package that includes tickets with fd, but you never know. Ask your TA to look into this for you since they suggested you book the bb.

If you’re on the fence, just book it and see. You can always cancel it. You need to cancel your package 30 days in advance to get your $200 deposit back.

Hmmm. I don’t know. I’ve never heard of anyone doing this, but maybe it’s because nobody’s asked. I’m thinking no, because you’re booking a package that includes tickets with fd, but you never know. Ask your TA to look into this for you since they suggested you book the bb.

If you’re on the fence, just book it and see. You can always cancel it. You need to cancel your package 30 days in advance to get your $200 deposit back.

I posted the question on the Bounceback Thread and they said NO :(

2 weeks until we arrive in Disney!

I’m not looking forward to packing. I should work on my lists today. I need to finalize the garden grocer order too. I hired a babysitter last night to take my kids to the pool so I could run all my vacation errands but unfortunately it stormed & the pool closed. Hopefully I can get some stuff done after dance tonight.

Only a week before I'm on a plane to WDW! I still need to pick up a few items, and then I need to pack. I'm thinking that will be this weekend. Getting very excited and anxious now. :woohoo:

5 more days for us!! WOOHOO! I'm planning on prepacking everything I can on Saturday except clothes/toiletries, then doing final loads of laundry on Sunday and packing clothes then. Toiletries are the worst because you still need some of that stuff the morning you leave, and that's when I'm the most excited/anxious and the most likely time for me to forget something!!! :P lol Last year I created a Master WDW Packing List in Word, and then if there is something special for a certain trip I just pencil that in. Happy packing to everyone getting ready!! :D

5 more days for us!! WOOHOO! I'm planning on prepacking everything I can on Saturday except clothes/toiletries, then doing final loads of laundry on Sunday and packing clothes then. Toiletries are the worst because you still need some of that stuff the morning you leave, and that's when I'm the most excited/anxious and the most likely time for me to forget something!!! :P lol Last year I created a Master WDW Packing List in Word, and then if there is something special for a certain trip I just pencil that in. Happy packing to everyone getting ready!! :D
I actually have all separate toiletries for travel and these are kept packed st all times, lol

One week from today we'll be headed for Magic Kingdom for our first park day. School started for my daughter today so I'm struggling a bit today. Been sleeping until 7:00 or 7:30 all summer; but had to get up at 6:10 this morning to get her to school for the 7:25 start. We had her open house on Tuesday and shopped for school supplies last night. I was supposed to grab gift cards and the rest of the travel sized toiletries we needed; but I completely forgot. Guess I was just focused on the school stuff.

There's always this weekend. By Sunday we should be all packed. I also need to finalize my grocery order and book our airport parking. Hard to believe it is really almost here.

So at 2 weeks before we leave my DD21 has managed to break her ankle! :sad::sad2::scared1: Fortunately no surgery but she is booted. Sand can be a serious cracker!! Beaches sheesh. Anywho keep moving forward so any advice on the liquid sunshine and the sunshine state w/a boot. We take Mum in a wheelchair already so I can’t push two at once I did consider the convoy theory me push her chair as she pushes mums chair and the I thought nah.

We are currently stuck in line at a broken down Alien Swirling Saucers, and they just came by and gave us all fastpasses to anything including Slinky Dog Dash! Good tradeoff!

That's awesome! I wasn't a fan of AS2 but the kids do like it. I'm hoping to skip it this year. We all love Slinky.

So at 2 weeks before we leave my DD21 has managed to break her ankle! :sad::sad2::scared1: Fortunately no surgery but she is booted. Sand can be a serious cracker!! Beaches sheesh. Anywho keep moving forward so any advice on the liquid sunshine and the sunshine state w/a boot. We take Mum in a wheelchair already so I can’t push two at once I did consider the convoy theory me push her chair as she pushes mums chair and the I thought nah.

Oh no that's horrible. Can one do a scooter?

So Alien Swirling Saucers started up again a minute after I posted that, we already had a fastpass to SDD and we're about a minute from riding it! 2 SDD fastpasses in the same day, cant complain about that!

It just keeps getting better!

@luvmy2babies WOAH! School starts that early???!!! o_O My boys don't go back to school until Sept 3rd.

@capegirl I bring flip flops, slippers, dress sandals and walking sandals. Usually I wear my flip flops through the airport and switch to my slippers on the plane. It's so cold.

@FoxC63 How do those water filters work? We usually end up buying gallons of drinking water from the store and filling our bottles because the water out of the sink in Florida is gross! 🤢

@michellelovesthemous That stinks! I guess she'll be riding around in a scooter???

4 DAYS!!

giphy.gif

We are currently stuck in line at a broken down Alien Swirling Saucers, and they just came by and gave us all fastpasses to anything including Slinky Dog Dash! Good tradeoff!

It was broken down both times we tried to ride it last year. I wonder why it is so prone to issues. Great score on the SDD fast passes though. My son wants to ride it and I'd willingly go with him; but my mom and daughter have no interest in it so I didn't try for a fast pass. We have TSM fast passes since we all want to ride that. If my son still really wants to do SDD we may return to the park that evening for it. Have fun.

Last edited:

Can your daughter get one of those pushing scooters? Not sure how to describe them; but I see folks with boots using them a lot. I think it's called a Knee Scooter. Not sure if they fold; but would be easier than an additional wheelchair and easier to control than a motorized scooter if she'd be okay pushing it around Disney.

@luvmy2babies WOAH! School starts that early???!!! o_O My boys don't go back to school until Sept 3rd.

@capegirl I bring flip flops, slippers, dress sandals and walking sandals. Usually I wear my flip flops through the airport and switch to my slippers on the plane. It's so cold.

@FoxC63 How do those water filters work? We usually end up buying gallons of drinking water from the store and filling our bottles because the water out of the sink in Florida is gross! 🤢

@michellelovesthemous That stinks! I guess she'll be riding around in a scooter???

4 DAYS!!

giphy.gif

Her school changed their calendar a couple of months ago to align with a local community college. It's something they are doing hoping to boost the school's overall performance and along the way give some a chance to take classes at the college for credit. I'm not a fan of it because now they are on a completely different schedule than the rest of the schools with a traditional calendar including her brother's school. His school and the rest on the traditional schedule go back August 26th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter