*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

I had this issue today FYI. It let my CC go through if I said don’t save number. If I tried to save number I got an error.

Yes, I had that error a couple weeks ago. The first reservation I tried to make wouldn't go through. I tried not saving my CC, and then it went through no problem.

Please add me to the list! I'll be staying at POFQ from 16 to 19, just a quick trip to see the World before I make my way to Disneyland and D23.

Anyone else going to the first MNSSHP? Just how crazy first parties use to get?

My itinerary so far:

- 8/16 - Arrival around 10am, quick trip to Disney Springs then off to MNSSHP
- 8/17 - AK from 9 till 1pm, lunch at Ale and Compass before going to EPCOT
- 8/18 - breakfast at Kona, Magic Kingdom
- 8/19 - brunch at Chef Mickey's and off to the airport, D23 here I come!
We are going to the first MNSSHP on the 16th as well (it will be the last night of our 10 night stay). It is our first ever party ticket event, so a bit worried about the crowds / how crazy busy it might get too. I'm just hoping to soak in the atmosphere of the party. I've heard that the music / parades / fireworks / special treats, make the night great. We've never really watched a parade in years and don't usually stick around till fireworks (except Illuminations at Epcot when we're staying at Beach Club), so I'm excited to see these things.

Please add me to the list! I'll be staying at POFQ from 16 to 19, just a quick trip to see the World before I make my way to Disneyland and D23.

Anyone else going to the first MNSSHP? Just how crazy first parties use to get?

My itinerary so far:

- 8/16 - Arrival around 10am, quick trip to Disney Springs then off to MNSSHP
- 8/17 - AK from 9 till 1pm, lunch at Ale and Compass before going to EPCOT
- 8/18 - breakfast at Kona, Magic Kingdom
- 8/19 - brunch at Chef Mickey's and off to the airport, D23 here I come!

I think we’re going to the first party. We haven’t purchased tickets yet though.
Our annual passes expire on August 16th. :sad:

We went to the first party in 2016 and 2017. I didn’t think the crowds were too bad. We went to the second party last year. But I heard the party crowds were bad for the first partylast year. Lots of people complained about the heat at the first party last year though. That often contributes to the crowded feeling.

I’d rather have the heat then the rain though. I’m just hoping for a rain free evening. :)

We are going to the first MNSSHP on the 16th as well (it will be the last night of our 10 night stay). It is our first ever party ticket event, so a bit worried about the crowds / how crazy busy it might get too. I'm just hoping to soak in the atmosphere of the party. I've heard that the music / parades / fireworks / special treats, make the night great. We've never really watched a parade in years and don't usually stick around till fireworks (except Illuminations at Epcot when we're staying at Beach Club), so I'm excited to see these things.
I love the parades and fireworks and sticking around right to the end. We’re usually amongst the last people out of the park. It just feels amazingly eery to stick around til the bitter end at a Halloween party. :yoda:

I plan to buy tickets for Aug 16 too. It is also our last night of our trip. My favorite part of MNSSHP is the parade.

Excited to join this board! We will be at Port Orleans Riverside from August 2 - 11. Trying to be prepared for the heat so I've been working in plenty of afternoon pool time, preferably with a cold drink in hand. We are happy to be celebrating our 24th Wedding Anniversary at the same resort where we spent our honeymoon. We love the French Quarter/Riverside resort area and consider it our home. Like many of you, I'm a serial planner and love the fun of making ADR's and plotting our FastPasses. Our daughters have grown up with Disney vacations and now that they are older (16 & 19) we are excited to try some new things and revisit many of our favorites. I even have a few surprises up my sleeve for the whole family!!

Last edited:

We did the 2nd party last year. It was our first party and will be our last. The parade and fireworks were awesome. We weren't too excited about Trick or Treating? It's candy, we left most of it in the resort laundry room when we checked out.

Ride lines weren't that great, character lines were crazy long (which we knew going in). We did get in a few photos and the magic shots by the Haunted Mansion are some of my favorites. The Haunted Mansion was down for about 2 hours that night :( But we did get on eventually. The crowds were way too much for us. It was the most crowded we have ever been in MK and the only time we every got separated.

I think everyone should go to a party. Everyone's idea of what is great is different. There was very little value for the price tag for us, for the same cost we could do two more full days. I'm glad we went, but it was a once and done for us, it was just too crowded.

I just decided to book the EMM at DHS. :)
I am hoping this will make touring that park easier. We haven't been to Toy Story Land yet, so the kids are super excited to ride SDD. I'd been debating about whether to do this or do the MNSSHP, but it just seems like this fits our touring plans better for the $. My kids still aren't night people, so we tend to crash early.
Besides, it comes with breakfast, and we like breakfast!

I just decided to book the EMM at DHS. :)
I am hoping this will make touring that park easier. We haven't been to Toy Story Land yet, so the kids are super excited to ride SDD. I'd been debating about whether to do this or do the MNSSHP, but it just seems like this fits our touring plans better for the $. My kids still aren't night people, so we tend to crash early.
Besides, it comes with breakfast, and we like breakfast!

I'm considering DHS EMM, too. I really think the breakfast options are weird, though. I mean, would it kill them to offer up some Mickey waffles?? Or even just basic pancakes.

I'm considering DHS EMM, too. I really think the breakfast options are weird, though. I mean, would it kill them to offer up some Mickey waffles?? Or even just basic pancakes.

Or even regular potato barrels as opposed to sweet potatoes. I kind of get what they are trying to do, and I appreciate some of the unique offerings. However, I wouldn’t mind at least one typical choice my kids will actually eat. Mickey Waffles/pancakes and bacon would be great.

If this is your first party ticket event, you will have nothing to compare it to! If you go into the party with the expectation it will be just as busy as a normal MK day, you won't be disappointed. Between the parade (worth seeing twice IMO), fireworks, people watching with all the great costumes, a few trick or treat lines and a few character photos, it's an amazing night, especially to those who aren't used to seeing such things at MK. What a great way to finish a 10 day trip!

I'm really really really hoping for After Hours at MK and DHS. If not, I'll go with EMM. But since, EMM is refundable, I'm wondering if I should book it soon. I'd hate to wait too long and find it sold out.

The breakfast at the Backlot express annoys me. Strange offerings and seriously, why is over there? If I went to EMM, I'd want to spend all of my time in Toy Story Land, and then at park opening race over to TOT and RNRC. I won't make it to breakfast...it's just too far away to get there in time is my guess. Breakfast at the Comissary was much better.

I agree - the breakfast menu is my least favorite part, at least for the kids, - but to be able to ride SDD more than once without a lengthy wait seems worth it. I'm hoping that they will move the breakfast back to the commissary by the time we go.
I am right there with those wanting Mickey Waffles!! It can't even be a cost thing, because let's face it waffles and pancakes are cheap to make.

WOW! I just saw this thread! Im going August 7 - 19. ADRs done (though still hoping to score a Cali Grill Brunch on the 11th or 18th). Airline tickets purchased (no turning back now!!) Just need FPs. It our first AUgust trip. Since my DD15 is now in HS, she cant miss any school for a vacation. Not only will the academics be too hard to make up, she plays 3 sports and missing a game or practice is a big no-no. Ive heard about the heat and I dont think Id mind it, its the rain Im worried about. XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX all my fingers and toes are crossed the rain will be limited to a brief downpour once a day. Im holding off buying MNSSHP tickets because we once bought MVMCP tickets ahead of time and it was drizzling at the beginning of the party, then poured for hours. We spent $600 for nothing.

We'd like to join. 8/4-8/14/19 Free Dining at the Yacht Club. Airfare purchased, ADR's made just waiting for our FP selection day in June.

Great thread Tomh, thanks for taking the time to do it. Much appreciated.

August friends! Has anyone been successful in booking California Grill BRUNCH for the month? If so, for which day? Just curious, TIA!

August friends! Has anyone been successful in booking California Grill BRUNCH for the month? If so, for which day? Just curious, TIA!
We have the brunch booked for August 11th. It didn’t show up at our 180 ADR day but was open about 4 days later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter