*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Question for my august peoples:

We arrive friday the 16th in the early afternoon. Our current plan is have a resort day saturday and go to MK sunday. But i am wondering if we should do MK saturday and the resort day sunday instead so we can do california grill brunch (that is our only sunday). I guess all I am wondering is do you guys think there will be a big difference in the crowd at MK if we go saturday instead of sunday. And do you think its worth switching just to do cg brunch?

Question for my august peoples:

We arrive friday the 16th in the early afternoon. Our current plan is have a resort day saturday and go to MK sunday. But i am wondering if we should do MK saturday and the resort day sunday instead so we can do california grill brunch (that is our only sunday). I guess all I am wondering is do you guys think there will be a big difference in the crowd at MK if we go saturday instead of sunday. And do you think its worth switching just to do cg brunch?

I'm planning our resort day for a Saturday, too. Josh at easywdw.com does some analysis that shows that Saturday is busier at MK, which I'm sure you know, but it's nice to see it confirmed with statistics! I'll post the link when I find it.

Here it is!
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/d...e-week-you-visit-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom/

Last edited:
Late to the thread! Looks like we are going Aug 3 - 10! Haven't done a summer trip is a loooong time so we are planning on a slower pace and more time enjoying the resort pool. :D

August 8th-16th here. Staying at POP. We have never gone in the summer before...hoping I don't melt lol.

Depending on where you live its actually not as bad as you would think. Coming from NYC its just as hot here in August as it is in Orlando, maybe hotter. Just drink water and take breaks when needed and itll be awesome :)

Late to the thread! Looks like we are going Aug 3 - 10! Haven't done a summer trip is a loooong time so we are planning on a slower pace and more time enjoying the resort pool. :D

Slower pace is my new favorite trip style. Especially with the little guy lol

Hello! My family and I will be going on a EPIC birthday trip Aug 23rd-Aug 31st. We are staying at the JW Marriott, Poly and Hard Rock at Universal. 4th time going in August!!

We will be there the same time, arriving the 3rd and leaving the 10th. Where are y'all stayig?

August 8th-16th here. Staying at POP. We have never gone in the summer before...hoping I don't melt lol.

Like The 13thletter said, it may not be much different from where you are at already. I live in North Alabama so we are used to the heat and humidity. I honestly think it's the humidity that really throws people off. When you're not used to it, it can feel like a sucker punch. Just make sure you stay hydrated and take breaks in the shade and AC.

Hello! My family and I will be going on a EPIC birthday trip Aug 23rd-Aug 31st. We are staying at the JW Marriott, Poly and Hard Rock at Universal. 4th time going in August!!

Welcome to the August 2019 thread. Sounds like a great trip! I was suppose to be there on my birthday in September but we had to change to August due to hubby's work.

Hi! Our family will be at Caribbean Beach August 16- 22. Our kids are 11 and 9 and this will be our 4th trip to Disney. We have never done the waterparks and I"m trying to decide if they are worth it or not. Any advice? Thanks!

Hi! Our family will be at Caribbean Beach August 16- 22. Our kids are 11 and 9 and this will be our 4th trip to Disney. We have never done the waterparks and I"m trying to decide if they are worth it or not. Any advice? Thanks!
I definitely think they are on a summer trip.

Woohoo! Just finished making the ADRs and managed to get everything we wanted. There are two I am hoping to adjust the time - but if we can't it's not awful.
Here's what we have:
a lunch and breakfast at The Wave (different days)
Crystal Palace breakfast
Trattoria Al Forno breakfast and dinner (different days)
Ohana breakfast
Chef Mickey Breakfast
Via Napoli lunch
Sci Fi lunch

Clearly we like breakfast. :)
Only one I was trying for that I couldn't get is a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. It was available but not at the time I wanted. Not a big deal as it was a bonus one but a little surprising.

Taking a red-eye flight from the west coast and will arrive Friday, August 3 at 5:12 am. We will be at the POP August 3-9.

We have the Pirates and pals Firework Voyage for our first night.

Depending on where you live its actually not as bad as you would think. Coming from NYC its just as hot here in August as it is in Orlando, maybe hotter. Just drink water and take breaks when needed and itll be awesome :)

Coming from Pittsburgh. Lot's of water is in my plans :). We went in September years ago and it was SO SO humid...I swore I would never go around that time of year again. Welp...here we are lol

Ended up getting everything I want, but I need to tweak some times later on. My cousin is arriving the same day and it was not recognizing her +10 either.

Yeh I have heard of a few people that had to use the app today. Website was not allowing ADR booking.

Got all the ADRs we wanted as well but now it wont let me update the party to include everyone who will be with me. Tried the app and the website. Oh well. I will just keep trying. This seems to be one of those things they just can never get working correctly (I have even had trouble over the phone getting it to save properly).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!