***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Hi again! Having breakfast with my family, talking about our first AKL stay coming up in October, and naturally questions are coming up. Is there tinfoil and perhaps a casserole dish or something similar? Thinking of making an egg bake to have for breakfast each day 🍳 is that overboard? Do people make good use of the kitchen when they stay?

No tin foil you would have to bring your own. I believe there is a casserole dish and for sure other cook ware/pots/pans.

We usually do a few easy meals in the room like a spaghetti dinner or pizza. We've also done some eggs/waffles for breakfast!

Hi again! Having breakfast with my family, talking about our first AKL stay coming up in October, and naturally questions are coming up. Is there tinfoil and perhaps a casserole dish or something similar? Thinking of making an egg bake to have for breakfast each day 🍳 is that overboard? Do people make good use of the kitchen when they stay?

I assume you are referring to a 1BR or larger unit which have full kitchens. I believe there is a casserole bowl but not tinfoil, To obtain lists of what is provided in the kitchen for a 1BR or larger, do a Google search for: DVC one-bedroom kitchen items. As to whether members make use of the kitchen, the answer is that it likely varies. We use it often for breakfast but rarely for dinner.

I assume you are referring to a 1BR or larger unit which have full kitchens. I believe there is a casserole bowl but not tinfoil, To obtain lists of what is provided in the kitchen for a 1BR or larger, do a Google search for: DVC one-bedroom kitchen items. As to whether members make use of the kitchen, the answer is that it likely varies. We use it often for breakfast but rarely for dinner.

Thanks! And yes should have clarified we are staying in a 2BR.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations, it's certainly helped me make up my mind. I think that we will go for a studio savannah view at Animal Kingdom. I'm thinking that if we do end up going for a one bedroom it will be over at the Boardwalk where I'm tempted to try for one at 7 months out. We've not stayed there and for honeymoon it will make sense with the food options over that way as well as the walk to Epcot and the Studios.

I do love that Savannah view room even if we didn't end up getting that BWV.

I think this is a good choice. DH and I love the CL amenities, and always try to stay for a week in a CL studio, but for the two of us I would never spend all the points needed for a CL one bedroom, just way too many points for us.

Ugh, we managed to get 7 of our 8 nights in February as a value studio close to 11 months - with no walking! (I actually picked up the last 6 nights right at 11 months, and the 2nd day came through a few days later.) However, I've been waitlisted since then for the first night since then, and also I'm stalking the RAT 2-3 times a day and so far nada. I have a standard view room booked for the one night so I have a room, but boy it's frustrating to have ONE night in a different room - the perils of DVC I suppose. I have to console myself with the fact the whole 8 nights is only costing me $750. Here's hoping it still opens up.

So - the good news is our waitlist came through! Chalk one up for waitlist versus stalking the RAT! The odd thing is that I happen to call MS for another question (about APs) and once I gave them my name and member information, before I even asked my question - the CM said "Oh, did you know your waitlist came through?" I am have screamed a little. The odd thing was that it had JUST happened, because he said he could finish processing it. I went online when he said this and it was still showing the waitlist, but then a few minutes later the room was booked.

So now we have 8 nights in a value studio and 8 nights in a standard studio since we are trying to get some friends to go with us. (Family of DDs BFF.) I haven't decided which I will keep if they decide not to come, but I am tempted to stick with the value studio and bank my points. We've been in value studios twice before and don't mind the smaller size - but both times they were for shorter stays.

The other odd thing - has anyone ever experienced this - is that I seem to have a "stalking hangover". I've been stalking for almost 4 months, and every time I sit at the computer I want to log on to the DVC website but then I realize I have no reason to do so! What an odd feeling!

So - the good news is our waitlist came through! Chalk one up for waitlist versus stalking the RAT! The odd thing is that I happen to call MS for another question (about APs) and once I gave them my name and member information, before I even asked my question - the CM said "Oh, did you know your waitlist came through?" I am have screamed a little. The odd thing was that it had JUST happened, because he said he could finish processing it. I went online when he said this and it was still showing the waitlist, but then a few minutes later the room was booked.

So now we have 8 nights in a value studio and 8 nights in a standard studio since we are trying to get some friends to go with us. (Family of DDs BFF.) I haven't decided which I will keep if they decide not to come, but I am tempted to stick with the value studio and bank my points. We've been in value studios twice before and don't mind the smaller size - but both times they were for shorter stays.

The other odd thing - has anyone ever experienced this - is that I seem to have a "stalking hangover". I've been stalking for almost 4 months, and every time I sit at the computer I want to log on to the DVC website but then I realize I have no reason to do so! What an odd feeling!

That was my reaction on the phone when our 3 night Poly waitlist came through for last November! CM called at 9am in a Sunday morning - I definitely squealed!

We had 2 bd value in Feb, and could definitely do the studio to save points...would be tight with the 4 of us, but I figure if we can do a cruise cabin we can do a value studio!

The odd thing was that it had JUST happened, because he said he could finish processing it. I went online when he said this and it was still showing the waitlist, but then a few minutes later the room was booked.

Congrats! It's possible it just happened but it's possible it had matched some other time. Back when the waitlist would disappear from your dashboard (I wish it still did!) I "tested" a couple of times for how long it took for a CM to finalize it. I gave up on waiting for one of them after a couple of weeks of checking. I had them finalized anywhere from almost immediately to a day or two, several days and my couple of weeks that I finally caved and called on and have no idea how long it would have sat there! Apparently it is a message that pops up for the CM when they sign into your account, or so I've been told, so when you call in they should know right away. Even then I've had a time it took an inquiry from me about it before the CM told me I had a waitlist that matched. Best I can guess is they don't all think it's their job to finalize them or they don't like to because 2 other CM's have told me it's very obvious for them to see it's matched.

Sounds like a new thread and group needs to be formed to help with the recovery! Enjoy your freedom from stalking!

Congrats! It's possible it just happened but it's possible it had matched some other time. Back when the waitlist would disappear from your dashboard (I wish it still did!) I "tested" a couple of times for how long it took for a CM to finalize it. I gave up on waiting for one of them after a couple of weeks of checking. I had them finalized anywhere from almost immediately to a day or two, several days and my couple of weeks that I finally caved and called on and have no idea how long it would have sat there! Apparently it is a message that pops up for the CM when they sign into your account, or so I've been told, so when you call in they should know right away. Even then I've had a time it took an inquiry from me about it before the CM told me I had a waitlist that matched. Best I can guess is they don't all think it's their job to finalize them or they don't like to because 2 other CM's have told me it's very obvious for them to see it's matched.

Ah, so it was not a one-off when I called in (a while back now) to find my son's WL night had come through.
I wondered how long they would have let it slide before just cancelling the hold on the room as it was one of those rare ones.

Ah, so it was not a one-off when I called in (a while back now) to find my son's WL night had come through.
I wondered how long they would have let it slide before just cancelling the hold on the room as it was one of those rare ones.

I don't think it's a concern of them ever just cancelling it - it's just a matter of CM going thru and finalizing which seems to be a very imperfect process. Once I was told that they will process those that are coming up soonest first but the fastest I ever had was when I waitlisted a concierge studio that I had waitlisted at 8:10am after trying to book it at 8am at the opening of the 11 month window. I'm west coast so I went back to bed. And by the time I looked again around 9 am I had an email with the confirmation. That put me back to it's an imperfect process to finalize since mine was not coming up anytime soon.

We are new DVC members and will be staying in a Kidani Village studio for the first time. Do they still have alarm clocks available for the rooms or will I need to pack one from home? Thank you.

We are new DVC members and will be staying in a Kidani Village studio for the first time. Do they still have alarm clocks available for the rooms or will I need to pack one from home? Thank you.
I haven't stayed in Kidani for 2 years, but Jambo had clocks last December in the 3 rooms we stayed in (we changed categories twice).
Why not use your phone as an alarm? I have mine set up with Disney music to wake me.

We just stayed in a 1-bedroom at Kidani Village and there was no alarm clock in the room. DVC has been removing them from rooms over the last couple of years. Not sure if it's something that can be requested from housekeeping.

It is something you are supposed to be able to request from housekeeping.

This still is an item that bugs me a bit. I have yet to stay at any other lodging that doesn't have alarm clocks even though they stated it was becoming "industry standard" to justify their removal. Even DL hotels still have them.

I haven't stayed in Kidani for 2 years, but Jambo had clocks last December in the 3 rooms we stayed in (we changed categories twice).
Why not use your phone as an alarm? I have mine set up with Disney music to wake me.
We just stayed in a 1-bedroom at Kidani Village and there was no alarm clock in the room. DVC has been removing them from rooms over the last couple of years. Not sure if it's something that can be requested from housekeeping.
Thank your for your replies. I will just pack one to make sure that I have one. I do use my phone on trips as an alarm but I still use my alarm clock at home and like to have one on trips as a backup in case my phone does not wake me up.
It is something you are supposed to be able to request from housekeeping.

This still is an item that bugs me a bit. I have yet to stay at any other lodging that doesn't have alarm clocks even though they stated it was becoming "industry standard" to justify their removal. Even DL hotels still have them.
I too have never stayed at any other hotel or timeshare that did not have alarm clocks. We will be staying at a brand new Marriott this weekend so I will see if they have clocks.

I guess I am just old school. I wear a watch every day and I still like to have a real clock to see the time and wake me up.

:banana: Got our 2bd value for 3 nights in July before our next cruise - no walking involved! :tiptoe:now let's not tell anyone else in DVC how great AKV ownership can be :D
Congrats! No worries about others buying in... AKV is sold out. What is to be worried is how everyone might suddenly decide different categories of rooms are more appealing than savanna view. I can only see that happening in the very cold weather, but each to their own :) Again, congratulations on the score!

I apologize in advance for not reading through all 160 pages of posts... first time staying in 2 bed kidani standard view. Any suggestions for room requests? No mobility issues. Have one reservation at a Boma.

^The standards face a road, the back wall of the bus station, the front entrance area, the pool and a hill leading to the pool, and then there are some previous savanna view rooms that were converted to standard view that overlook Pembe savanna. Those converted rooms are very far from the lobby and bus station, but if you want to try for one, request a room "near the Pumba elevator." For other areas, you should consider requesting high floor (4 or 5). Requests should be made through Member Services, i.e., do it now and do not wait to put in a request on the request page when you do online check-in at 60 days from date of arrival, and skip that request page when you do online check-in.

Too much information everywhere.... I'm getting confused, someone please tell me where to request a room with a good view in Jambo Deluxe Studio - Savanna View and how to request it. I rented DVC

Thanks
Love My Dis Fam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter