~*~The OFFICIAL 2014 Dates Thread - Come Join Us!~*~

We'll be visiting in October 2014. Dates TBD. We are also traveling with a large group and possibly ending with a 3 night DCL cruise :) Thinking of split staying in Wilderness Lodge(with DH and DD) and also an off property villa with my parents, brothers, nephew, etc.

Will update when i learn more...

Hello, and :welcome: to the group! I'll get you added to the list. ::yes::

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask, and feel free to jump on in and start chatting! :hyper2:

Hi all! We are booked for January 7-14th and POFQ. However, I am a little skeptical about marathon weekend. Anyone have any thoughts or advice? The weekend before is after New Years, we did that this year and it was SOO busy with Florida schools still being off for Xmas break. If anyone has any advice please let me know! We are both in college so January is the only time we can really go. If we don't go that date in January looks like we are taking a year off : (

Hi all! We are booked for January 7-14th and POFQ. However, I am a little skeptical about marathon weekend. Anyone have any thoughts or advice? The weekend before is after New Years, we did that this year and it was SOO busy with Florida schools still being off for Xmas break. If anyone has any advice please let me know! We are both in college so January is the only time we can really go. If we don't go that date in January looks like we are taking a year off : (

Hi! :welcome: to the group! Glad you decided to join us. ::yes::

I'll get you added to the list. As far as going during marathon weekend, I've never been that time of year, so I'm useless as far as advice goes. :laughing: Hopefully someone on the thread has been that time of year who can be of help to you! :goodvibes

Meanwhile, feel free to join in the conversation! :hyper2:

Had planned on our next WDW vacation to start January 11th however, after reading the forums we are wondering if it would be better to change to later in the month to avoid the Marathon and MLK weekends? Also - I have seen some postings where folks have mentioned that if any discounts (room, FD, play/dine) occur, they may occur later in January whereas Marathon and MLK weekend seem to be busy times. I understand that this is speculation at this point.

In addition, if we do decide to change our dates (we have room only now and were planning to add the package when avail this summer) will we be charged a fee? Would this be affected if we change the date later when the packages come out vs changing now? My family is worred if we wait until booking the package - rooms might no longer be avail at POFQ.

Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated. :thanks:

My biggest pet peeve is that the room only and package reservation systems are separate so if you make a room only reservation the deposit doesn't transfer over as far as I understand. I would be wary of making payments on it until it was switched over. Whenever I've had to do this for guests (I'm a Travel Agent) they have been refunded the room-only deposit and had to put down the $200 package deposit. But with the popularity of some room types I know people don't want to miss out on the particular room so I guess holding the room is worth it!

My biggest pet peeve is that the room only and package reservation systems are separate so if you make a room only reservation the deposit doesn't transfer over as far as I understand. I would be wary of making payments on it until it was switched over. Whenever I've had to do this for guests (I'm a Travel Agent) they have been refunded the room-only deposit and had to put down the $200 package deposit. But with the popularity of some room types I know people don't want to miss out on the particular room so I guess holding the room is worth it!

So, you have to pay another deposit - strange. Seems it would be easier for all to just transfer.We do want to hold the room so really have no choice. We are thinking of changing the dates however - I did learn that you do not have to pay a fee if it is a date change.

Thanks for informaiton :)

So I know I've been a absent from this board for a while now. School has been such a downer :crazy2:

However, I wanted to share that our DVC reservation came through! We're in for BWV!

Just stopping in to say hi.... I really can't wait for my 7 month window to open up... I keep going through a hundred different scenarios and I really need to settle on one!! :)

Hi, I just found this thread. We are going August 12-13, staying at Windsor Hills. It will be our first trip with kids--DS5 and DD3 (well, 5 & 3 by the time we go!) pixiedust:

Gonna be there Jan 8-13 with my girlfriend. Doing runDisney and enjoying everything else.

Hello and :welcome: to the group! Which runDisney event are you planning to do? Where are you staying? I'll get you added to the list - feel free to jump in and start chatting!

So I know I've been a absent from this board for a while now. School has been such a downer :crazy2:

However, I wanted to share that our DVC reservation came through! We're in for BWV!

:woohoo: Great news about your reservation! :yay:

Just stopping in to say hi.... I really can't wait for my 7 month window to open up... I keep going through a hundred different scenarios and I really need to settle on one!! :)

:wave: Whatcha got in mind? Do tell. popcorn::

Hi, I just found this thread. We are going August 12-13, staying at Windsor Hills. It will be our first trip with kids--DS5 and DD3 (well, 5 & 3 by the time we go!) pixiedust:

Hi there, and :welcome: to the group! I'll get you added to the list. ::yes:: If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask ... feel free to join the conversation! :hyper2:

Bearcats: I keep thinking of maybe trying to stay at BWV in Jan....Maybe later in January..... Stay at AKL in December..... Invite more people in January... Hehe I just need to stick with something!!!

Hi everyone! This is my first post on these boards but I've been lurking for quite some time. I'm currently planning a trip with some friends to celebrate our graduation from veterinary school in February of 2014. I've been to Disney 23 times as a kid/teen with my family but haven't been back since 2002 and have never planned a trip myself.

Any specific weeks we should avoid in February? We're planning a 6 night, 7 day stay at POR (although it will always be Dixie landings to me!).

Bearcats: I keep thinking of maybe trying to stay at BWV in Jan....Maybe later in January..... Stay at AKL in December..... Invite more people in January... Hehe I just need to stick with something!!!

:laughing: Sounds like you have a lot you are considering!

Hi everyone! This is my first post on these boards but I've been lurking for quite some time. I'm currently planning a trip with some friends to celebrate our graduation from veterinary school in February of 2014. I've been to Disney 23 times as a kid/teen with my family but haven't been back since 2002 and have never planned a trip myself.

Any specific weeks we should avoid in February? We're planning a 6 night, 7 day stay at POR (although it will always be Dixie landings to me!).

Hello! :welcome: to the DIS and to our group! Glad you decided to stop lurking and join us!

23 trips? Sounds like you're a WDW veteran. ::yes:: It is different planning it all out yourself, but you've come to the right place for info. ;)

I've never been during February - have you checked out the crowd calendars? Those can be helpful to show what weeks of the month are busiest.

I'll get you added to the list. Once you get your dates figured out, just post and I'll update your information. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Meanwhile, feel free to join the conversation! :hyper2:

Congrats to you! That will be a fun trip. I agree, check out the crowd calendarsn (try easywdw). Off the top of my head, I would say avoid President's day week-end, but I think overall Feb. will be a good time to go with low crowds.

Hi and welcome!

You sound like you're a seasoned Disney traveler who'll have no problem planning a trip!

I've yet to visit in February myself but I'd say avoid the 15th to the 23rd. Those dates encompass President's Day, the Princess Half Marathon and February vacation for northern schools which tend to bring the big crowds.

Woo Hoo we are heading back to WDW!!! :cool1::cool1: It will have been five years since we were there last in 2009. We will be visiting WDW in February 2014. My son's HS band will be marching in the parade. I don't know any details yet, not even sure what parades and where. I just know I will be going. Unfortunately, I can't pick the dates so we will be there the week leading up to President's Day. So, I am expecting big crowds while there. :upsidedow

:cool1:Have fun planning and congratulations on your upcoming graduation from veterinary school. :banana:

I think the first week of February would most likely be the best with the lowest crowds. As others have said, I would avoid the week of President's Day as it will be very crowded then since lots of people will be taking advantage of the days off from school.

I know that I have read that sometimes CM info is not always accurate - but just to pass along, CM at reservations mentioned to my daughter that packages for January should be avail about the "3rd week in June". She told my daughter to "start calling around that time." Does that mean that they are avail via the phone BEFORE they are listed online?

I was just on easywdw reading his Nov calendar. Yes, I was planning my park days for next year. At least the first couple days. :goodvibes

I know that I have read that sometimes CM info is not always accurate - but just to pass along, CM at reservations mentioned to my daughter that packages for January should be avail about the "3rd week in June". She told my daughter to "start calling around that time." Does that mean that they are avail via the phone BEFORE they are listed online?

Not sure about phone vs. online, but I think the first thing we will hear about is ticket prices increasing. Sad that I am looking forward to that. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter