~*~The OFFICIAL 2014 Dates Thread - Come Join Us!~*~

We added an extra day to our trip. We will be arriving January 24th. Woo Hoo!! Also put in a request at BLT to get one of the rooms considered lake view but you can still see parts of the magic kingdom and fireworks. Won't know if I will get it until check in but fingers crossed!!!

:woohoo: for an extra day! I'll keep my fingers crossed you get your request! pixiedust:

Planning for August 15-25, 2014 in the ASMu suites. We are heading to our in-laws this August in Tampa but I was just able to talk DH into stopping at Disney for 2 days just to get some time in at Disney this summer. YAY for extra Disney time!! :cool1:

Hiya, and :welcome: to the group! Glad you decided to join us! I'll get your info added to the list for August; in the meantime, jump on in and join the conversation! :hyper2: If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Wow! A lot goes on when you're gone for a few days :)
I love getting on here and checking in even if it's just for a minute like today. Today is DD's 5th birthday so we've been busy most of the day- just got back from shopping (she bought a Belle Princess & Me doll - so cute!)
At lunch my parents pretty much confirmed that they are coming with us next year!
And of course, we're already thinking of different resorts. I mentioned the possibility to DH of a Cars suite and that's what he said to my parents and they agreed they would like to stay at AoA again but we may all end up in the LM rooms :)
You might as well change my resort to undecided because I have a feeling until I book we won't decide :)

Also, can I just join the fb page or do you need my name to send an invite? I haven't really checked it out yet. Hope to be on more later tonight (Which will probably happen since DS is taking a very late nap right now!)

I love getting on here and checking in even if it's just for a minute like today. Today is DD's 5th birthday so we've been busy most of the day- just got back from shopping (she bought a Belle Princess & Me doll - so cute!)
At lunch my parents pretty much confirmed that they are coming with us next year!
And of course, we're already thinking of different resorts. I mentioned the possibility to DH of a Cars suite and that's what he said to my parents and they agreed they would like to stay at AoA again but we may all end up in the LM rooms :)
You might as well change my resort to undecided because I have a feeling until I book we won't decide :)

Also, can I just join the fb page or do you need my name to send an invite? I haven't really checked it out yet. Hope to be on more later tonight (Which will probably happen since DS is taking a very late nap right now!)

Happy 5th birthday!!

You can just click on the link to request it! If there is a problem let me know :)

So, DBF's first real trip to Disney was last May and he only really did it for the girls. We had taken day trips over the years during our Orlando vacations but last year he caved and allowed me to immerse him completely (for the girls of course :rotfl2:). Let's just say if this man never goes back to Disney, he will not lose sleep and I am a-ok with that. :rotfl: Anyway, in the last 4 months, he has not only received 1 pin in the mail...he has gotten 2!!! When I saw the postcard today I was livid! :headache: It's like they sense he has no desire to go back and are trying to entice him with a discount. :rotfl2:

DH had suggested fall since we have never been in the fall. I'm sure only time will tell, but I do what I can to convince DH to go back over and over again so if he wants October, October it would be.

Now maybe I'll go update my signature with Dec 2012! ;)

I am with you. Whenever DH makes a request, I try to do it since he doesnt always show much interest.

And thank you for updating your signature for me. :rotfl:

Happy birthday to DD!! :bday: party:

You can still change your resort, even after you book. Not that I know anything about that. :rolleyes1

So, DBF's first real trip to Disney was last May and he only really did it for the girls. We had taken day trips over the years during our Orlando vacations but last year he caved and allowed me to immerse him completely (for the girls of course :rotfl2:). Let's just say if this man never goes back to Disney, he will not lose sleep and I am a-ok with that. :rotfl: Anyway, in the last 4 months, he has not only received 1 pin in the mail...he has gotten 2!!! When I saw the postcard today I was livid! :headache: It's like they sense he has no desire to go back and are trying to entice him with a discount. :rotfl2:

Haha so true! While DH isn't as huge a Disney fan, he does enjoy going there.... I sure picked a good one ;) however I can thank my girls (well zoey really) for winning him over to loving Disney.

You can still change your resort, even after you book. Not that I know anything about that. :rolleyes1

:lmao:

I am with you. Whenever DH makes a request, I try to do it since he doesnt always show much interest.

And thank you for updating your signature for me. :rotfl:

Happy birthday to DD!! :bday: party:

Happy 5th birthday!!

You can just click on the link to request it! If there is a problem let me know :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes for DD and I know about changing resorts too ( and discounts for that matter - did it a couple of times last year :laughing:)

Haha so true! While DH isn't as huge a Disney fan, he does enjoy going there.... I sure picked a good one ;) however I can thank my girls (well zoey really) for winning him over to loving Disney.
:lmao:

I have to say he has always liked Epcot. And even though last year's trip was tough (he's not a morning person, DD2 got extremely ill towards end of trip, it was hotter than we thought, etc all little things) there were moments I could see he allowed himself to feel the magic. :hug: He absolutely loved seeing everything through DD5's eyes. Although I'm planning on next year's trip to be girls' only, if he decides he wants to come, I will be happy. :)

Currently, we have planned to stay at POR; but I have been thinking about possibly staying at either AOA or WL. Just to try out another resort. I don't really want to do a split stay because once we get settled at Disney we don't want to pack up until time to leave. Any thoughts about which may be better or worse? Thanks in advance for any ideas, you guys are GREAT!!:cheer2:

i'm joining! my family will be visiting early February (exact dates to be determined), but we will DEFINITELY be staying at Art of Animation! Stayed there this past February and absolutely LOVED it!!!

Our trip will be a belated 5th Anniversary, belated DH's 30th birthday, and my 30th. DD will be 4, almost 5.

Currently, we have planned to stay at POR; but I have been thinking about possibly staying at either AOA or WL. Just to try out another resort. I don't really want to do a split stay because once we get settled at Disney we don't want to pack up until time to leave. Any thoughts about which may be better or worse? Thanks in advance for any ideas, you guys are GREAT!!:cheer2:

AoA was GREAT, but I also don't have anything to compare it to. My only other trip was when I was in second grade and we stayed at the Swan.

i'm joining! my family will be visiting early February (exact dates to be determined), but we will DEFINITELY be staying at Art of Animation! Stayed there this past February and absolutely LOVED it!!!

Our trip will be a belated 5th Anniversary, belated DH's 30th birthday, and my 30th. DD will be 4, almost 5.

oh, and by the way, bearcatfan, UC!!

Hi Tiffany, and :welcome: to our group and to the DIS! I'll get you added to the list for February - once you get your dates figured out, just post and I'll update.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We'd love to get to know ya, so jump on in and join the conversation! :hyper2:

GO UC! :cheer2:

JacknDawn4ever said:

AoA is awesome! I highly recommend it! We stated in a Cars suite & loved the theming & space. We loved it in Dec & will be back once we've hit a few more on our bucket list and the youngest is a bit older. We're staying at WL this Aug & hoping to splurge for CR with an infant & preschooler in 2014!

The perks for WL vs AoA for us is primarily location, location, location!

I want to stay at AoA on our arrival night one of these trips.... Particularly The Nemo section, it looks like so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter