The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ September 2010 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't have a problem having your money refunded to the original form of payment. They might tell you that it could take a credit card cycle or two, but I've done it many times and its never taken more than two weeks, tops.

And yes, you can prepay your stay. Last year, my DH's credit card was paying 5% back on travel and hotels through the end of September, but our stay wasn't until October. I called the hotel and they linked me to a Credit Card authorization page where we were able to pay the stay in full, less the daily resort fee. (I just checked the old link, but it wasn't active...it must be guest-specific, based on requests.)

If you need any more persuading, let us know. We're really good at arm-twisting!

Thanks for all of your great posts on reasons to love staying at these resorts! I wanted to concur regarding the prepayment as I sent concierge an email about this and they emailed me back a link to go to a form to complete and send that would take care of the payment. The only problem I have is I dont want to prepay until after April 1 because of a special 0% interest with my credit card, but the link they gave me says it expires 3/27...I guess I have to email them again LOL.

I sent a pre-payment check for our Dolphin reservation, 3 months before we arrive - so our final payment will be a whole number, no cents.
Easier for our traveler checks.

So I know they do take personal checks with your name, home address and home phone on it.

I hope that helps.

Can you always pay with points are or some dates blacked out to do this? Online there is no option to pay with points. They have a cash and points option but say it is unavailable. What is the point of having all these points if you can't use them?

I had two questions but can only remember one of them so here it is...

We'll be at the S/D for the first time next week. I'm feeling lazy about bringing my own shampoo/conditioner. Do they have a combo thing or is there a separate shampoo and conditioner and is the conditioner decent? My girls have super long hair. I'd like to not worry about packing them.

Also, (not my original second question but it will do ;) ), What brand of toilet paper does it resemble. I usually bring my own if it is like White Cloud or Charmin but we could use the hotel's if it is like Northern or Angel Soft or Scott.

TIA! :)

We'll be at the S/D for the first time next week. I'm feeling lazy about bringing my own shampoo/conditioner. Do they have a combo thing or is there a separate shampoo and conditioner and is the conditioner decent? My girls have super long hair. I'd like to not worry about packing them.

Also, (not my original second question but it will do ;) ), What brand of toilet paper does it resemble. I usually bring my own if it is like White Cloud or Charmin but we could use the hotel's if it is like Northern or Angel Soft or Scott.

Separate shampoo & conditioner, but bottles are small. Make sure you tell housekeeping you need extra and they will be happy to leave them for you!

Can you always pay with points are or some dates blacked out to do this? Online there is no option to pay with points. They have a cash and points option but say it is unavailable. What is the point of having all these points if you can't use them?

There are no black out dates on SPG nights. Cash and points isn't always offered and when it is it sells out quick. If there is a traditional room and it doesn't show available on points you can call SPG and they will do it on points for you. Upgraded rooms are available by calling too.

They use Shine shampoo, conditioner and body lotion (mandarine & mint scent). It's the same exact kind they use in every Sheraton hotel. Technically the Swan is a Westin so I expected the White tea and aloe stuff they use in Westins but they only had the Shine brand. It's nice and smells good. I like it. Everyone has their own preferences of course.

I haven't got the foggiest idea about the TP though...It was 2 ply I think ...nothing special.

ETA I Googled it to find you pic
sh-amenities_xlrg.jpg

Anyone heading there for the Food and Wine Classic? I booked the 2 night stay which includes causeway tickets for 2 for both nights. A huge savings if you price it out individually. Any other attendees?

Thank you lizabu!

I have 45,000 points. If I want to stay for 7 nights, what do I do? Can I use 40,000 points for 4 nights and pay cash for 3 nights? Or would they require 2 separate reservations???

Thank you lizabu!

I have 45,000 points. If I want to stay for 7 nights, what do I do? Can I use 40,000 points for 4 nights and pay cash for 3 nights? Or would they require 2 separate reservations???

When you use points for 4 nights at the Swan or Dolphin, the 5th night is free! I think you'll need to make a separate reservation for the 2 paid nights.

HI there,

I am on a budget so I wasn't planning on dining at one of the nice restaurants at S/D because I looked at the online menu and was like :scared1: But I am getting a $50 credit to use at the hotel through AAA deal. Which restaurant would you recommend and why. I love both steak and Italian food, so I am having hard time...or do you think it would be wiser spent on a few small meals at one of the counter service places?

When you use points for 4 nights at the Swan or Dolphin, the 5th night is free! I think you'll need to make a separate reservation for the 2 paid nights.

Thats what I would suggest too...definitely take advantage of the free night. When you make the reservation they can link them together to make sure you stay in the same room.

HI there,

I am on a budget so I wasn't planning on dining at one of the nice restaurants at S/D because I looked at the online menu and was like :scared1: But I am getting a $50 credit to use at the hotel through AAA deal. Which restaurant would you recommend and why. I love both steak and Italian food, so I am having hard time...or do you think it would be wiser spent on a few small meals at one of the counter service places?

I would spend it all on ice cream sundaes at the fountain but that's me...lol. There are so many great options that's for sure.

Can linking the reservations at a busy time like Thanksgiving be a problem? I do NOT want to change rooms, it just would not work out well for our family.

If you book the same exact type of room on both reservations it's easier to leave you where you are. Fewer beds to strip...less laundry...less work for everyone. They will do whatever they can to try not to make you switch rooms...it easier and cheaper.

We are leaving Saturday for the Dolphin. When you were talking about the shampoo I was wondering if anyone knew if they leave it at the Dolphin as well??? Does anyone know if they have blow dyers in the room??? If they do leave shampoo will they leave extra for 4 people????:thumbsup2

Yes the shampoo & conditioner is at both Swan & Dolphin. You can call Housekeeping & get more if you need it. They replenish it every day.

I'm not a fan of the Shine by Bliss products at all. I have thick, curly hair & neither the shampoo or consitioner work for me. I take my own. I'm actually using the Mandarin Mint lotion right now that I brought back with me from last week. I miss the old Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena that they used to provide!

Yes there is a hair dryer at both Swan & Dolphin.

I've stayed a few times on points and cash. I never have enough points for all the nights I need! It's always been the same reservation, not 2 separate ones. I've always called spg to book it though. Maybe online it has to be done as 2 separate reservations.

The only time we ever had to change rooms was when DH was there for work, he was upgraded to Epcot Fireworks view at check-in. I had booked 3 nights after that being paid for by ourselves, and since I only booked standard, they made us move from the upgraded room to a standard one.

Thank you TaraPA!!!! We have never stayed at the Dolphin before so if there is anything else you know about the Dolphin that would be helpful just let me know. Thanks!!!

Yes the shampoo & conditioner is at both Swan & Dolphin. You can call Housekeeping & get more if you need it. They replenish it every day.

I'm not a fan of the Shine by Bliss products at all. I have thick, curly hair & neither the shampoo or consitioner work for me. I take my own. I'm actually using the Mandarin Mint lotion right now that I brought back with me from last week. I miss the old Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena that they used to provide!

Yes there is a hair dryer at both Swan & Dolphin.

I've stayed a few times on points and cash. I never have enough points for all the nights I need! It's always been the same reservation, not 2 separate ones. I've always called spg to book it though. Maybe online it has to be done as 2 separate reservations.

The only time we ever had to change rooms was when DH was there for work, he was upgraded to Epcot Fireworks view at check-in. I had booked 3 nights after that being paid for by ourselves, and since I only booked standard, they made us move from the upgraded room to a standard one.

When you say you stayed on cash and points, did you stay some nights on cash and some on points? Or did you do the cash and points every night, like you pay $60 and use 4000 points each night?

When you say you stayed on cash and points, did you stay some nights on cash and some on points? Or did you do the cash and points every night, like you pay $60 and use 4000 points each night?

Sorry I should have clarified - I paid for a few nights in full at 10,000 points each, then the remaining nights in cash. It was not the "Cash & Points" promo they offer now & then. I've always tried to get in on that, but it's never available for my dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter