The New (Part 4) WL FAQ Thread...Just the Facts M'am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave on friday any advise for putting in a room request? Email or just not on the ressies what works best lately i thought i'd call in the morning would that be to late? I'm looking for a queen/bunk quiet room. We paid for a courtyard view so are there any that have a view of fireworks or the EWP? Thanks I can't wait!

IT's been ages since I've posted - but it's been a crazy year.

Dh and I usually take a fall trip - in October or November - with DS - but we moved recently and a fall trip was out of the question.

I tired looking on-line at rooms at WL (my absolute favorite place) for the beginning of January and there were none! I wantd to cry.

I need a WL/Disney fix and I have already been granted 2 weeks of vacation - the first week will be with my MIL

and the second week - after New Years Day - was supposed to be for Disney

any thoughts? I can barely stand looking at this website - it makes me so "homesick"

Originally posted by lisadam
I tired looking on-line at rooms at WL (my absolute favorite place) for the beginning of January and there were none! I wantd to cry.

Hi, not sure what dates you put in for January, but I just went over to the Disney website and put every week in and received a quote back for everyday during the month so there are rooms available. Some listed Courtyard Views some just standard views but I could get every day for January?

Try calling CRO maybe they will help you get the view you need.

Majestic -- thanks for the email for concierge itenerary planning...I haven't heard boo since I booked (upon your great advise) the Honeymoon suite. Could be due to our using a TA to book. I will email them to start the process but...is this a ridiculous thing to do since I have PS already set?? I read that they send a book or something.

MORE IMPORTANTLY>>> did you just drop back onto boards without a baby report??? Was looking for a picture at least! Very great and exhausting time for your family for sure!
princess:

I posted pictures in our "talk" thread called "Humphrey's Home" which was started by our own dearly departed FloridaCat so we can stay on topic here in this thread.

Here is a direct link to the page that contains the pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=510187&perpage=15&pagenumber=96

As for your trip, write them an email and get things going! Can't hurt. All you need is your confirmation number. For most of my dealings in email, I have dealt with the same person the whole time I was planning. It's really nice. Plus, email is more specific than something verbal and your emails come to you with confirmation numbers and everything.

Enjoy your planning! :)

Fred

Originally posted by LATigger
Majestic -- thanks for the email for concierge itenerary planning...I haven't heard boo since I booked (upon your great advise) the Honeymoon suite. Could be due to our using a TA to book. I will email them to start the process but...is this a ridiculous thing to do since I have PS already set?? I read that they send a book or something.

MORE IMPORTANTLY>>> did you just drop back onto boards without a baby report??? Was looking for a picture at least! Very great and exhausting time for your family for sure!
princess:

What is better woods view or courtyard. My husband says that he wants to see the fireworks from the balcony. I doubt that we will be back in the room in time because the fireworks are at 7:30 in early Feb. I think that I would like the courtyard view if we could afford it with a nice code. We need a bunkbed room so if you have any good room numbers please share. I have written down a couple for courtyard view but none for Woods view.
Thank you,
Tara

We had room 3024 and the view was awesome! We just got back and we were able to see the castle from our room and the fireworks at night. We loved it! Hope this helps!
:teeth:

Originally posted by Mouse House Mama
We had room 3024 and the view was awesome! We just got back and we were able to see the castle from our room and the fireworks at night. We loved it! Hope this helps!
:teeth:

that does help!! I've request room 2024 or nearby. I didn't want to be too high up as we like to take the stairs alot. I'm glad to hear the view is good. I know I might not be able to see as much a floor down, but you never know...

Sorcha

We just got our NJ Homeowners Tax Rebate check in the mail, and my WONDERFUL DH said, "Ya know what THIS check is going towards?? VACA!!" Yippee, skippee!!

Now, all I need is a good code for a GREAT discount! Oh 'Code Gods" please smile down on us and bestow us some wonderful discounts!!!"

A BIG THANKS to Winnie Pooh Fan & Majestic for the concierge info! Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I haven't been on in a few days - too busy! Anyway, the thought of someone else doing all those ressies for me sure makes concierge sound like a worthwhile expense. Now if I can convince the rest of the family...

Thanks again!!!

Fred, how's your new little sweetie???

Jessica:wave:

You are very welcome. :) Glad to be of assistance.

Everyone here is doing fine. Still adjusting to the new sleep schedule but aside from that....all ok. :teeth:

I hope to have some new pics coming over in a few. Really cute but don't take my word for it. Heh.

Fred

Originally posted by Mickey's Sister
A BIG THANKS to Winnie Pooh Fan & Majestic for the concierge info! Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I haven't been on in a few days - too busy! Anyway, the thought of someone else doing all those ressies for me sure makes concierge sound like a worthwhile expense. Now if I can convince the rest of the family...

Thanks again!!!

Fred, how's your new little sweetie???

Jessica:wave:

Phew! I got an email confirming that "Brian" is the new General Manager not the new concierge manager. :) You scared me there.

Mark Newman is the manager for concierge service at WL and from what he said, he plans to be there for a while. :teeth:

Just wanted to fill you all in!!

Fred

Originally posted by BambiTamby
Fred.....it's all done, money has been transferred and DH says
"this is IT!!!"

Called and talked to Michael yesterday and he was so helpful and kind...answered all those questions I needed answered!::yes::
He also told me that they have a NEW CONCIERGE MANAGER, Brian.

:wave:

Originally posted by Taratink
What is better woods view or courtyard. My husband says that he wants to see the fireworks from the balcony. I doubt that we will be back in the room in time because the fireworks are at 7:30 in early Feb. I think that I would like the courtyard view if we could afford it with a nice code. We need a bunkbed room so if you have any good room numbers please share. I have written down a couple for courtyard view but none for Woods view.
Thank you,
Tara
I came up with 5012 and 6012 with a view of the castle...5116, 5120, 6120 and 6140 are Villa/Parking Lot "Woodsview"...5082 and 6060 have woodview...over the WCC and may have fireworks view but I am not sure

PS!!! FRED !!! I SENT YOU AN EMAIL TO support @ majestics but haven't heard from you...did you get it?

Originally posted by Majestic
Phew! I got an email confirming that "Brian" is the new General Manager not the new concierge manager. You scared me there.
Mark Newman is the manager for concierge service at WL and from what he said, he plans to be there for a while.

Fred,

Thanks for the information about Mark I was worried. :eek:

For those of you who have stayed at both WL and POFQ will be like POFQ??

While WL is definitely our WDW home and would stay there again in a heartbeat, we could not get an AP rate for our December trip. We will try again for our summer trip.

However, we were able to get a great AP rate for our December trip at POFQ. We've never been there and are wondering if we will like it??

Thank you all for any advise!!

Originally posted by Winnie Pooh Fan

While WL is definitely our WDW home and would stay there again in a heartbeat, we could not get an AP rate for our December trip. We will try again for our summer trip.

However, we were able to get a great AP rate for our December trip at POFQ. We've never been there and are wondering if we will like it??

Hi,

I love the WL and will stay there every chance I get. But when we are low on funds we stay at POR. The rooms are nice and the grounds are just beautiful. The walk between POR and POFQ is a really relaxing one. And the food courts are really good, in my opinion. So, I think you did OK.

By the way, you could always venture over to WL and walk around, see the decorations and have something to eat. Or just go over and sit in the lobby.

Have a great vacation. :D

Renee and I had our honeymoon at Port Orleans French Quarter and loved it. It is a very romantic resort. Ask for a corner room as they tend to be larger! Big pool and jacuzzi too. :)

Not sure if they have a restaraunt anymore though....used to be Bonfamiles...was an awsome place but I remember them closing it.

Fred

Originally posted by Winnie Pooh Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter