The New (Part 4) WL FAQ Thread...Just the Facts M'am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! What awesome pictures...thanks for sharing....now that we booked WL for our December stay, everytime I look at any new pictures, I get more & more excited!!!

p.s. Love that "Mickey" bracelet you have on...where did you get that? (I don't remember if I saw one of those on my shopping sprees at WDW!?LOL)

Originally posted by Pooh's Pal
p.s. Love that "Mickey" bracelet you have on...where did you get that?

Thankyou Pooh's Pal!!

That bracelet was a present from me, to me :teeth:
I took a walk one afternoon for some "Mommy ALONE time" while the guys were taking a nap, and ventured down stairs into the Mercantile store at WL. In the middle of the store, they have a "make your own charm bracelt/necklace" display.
The bracelet was $6.00, and the charms are $4.00 each.I choose 4 birthstone Mickey's to represent myself, dh and each of my boys :flower1:

Chris..........Looks like you had great weather and a great vacation! Glad that you are safely home, although if you are anything like me, you're already planning the next trip to WL! ::yes:: Great pictures! I can't wait, and my countdown is getting really fun to watch now. Even though we have to stay at "the other lodge" for the first part of our trip, finishing up that last few days at WL is going to be so wonderul. Doing a trip report???

Chris :wave:

Glad you made it home safely, love the photo's can't wait to hear about you trip, the storm, the Lodge...ect...ect

Beckie

:Pinkbounc I CANT WAIT!!!!:Pinkbounc

I see that you had a bunk bed room. In my original reservation I requested a view of MK fireworks and bunk beds.

Is that possible? Do they have the bunk bed rooms all together or scattered?

I love that bracelet!! I will be buying two of those very soon!! Also, TooBoyz did you notice if they have framed WL prints?

Just got back from WL and we had a queen and bunkbeds on the third floor and we had a view of the castle and the fireworks every night! It was amazing!
:teeth:

OK, ya'll this is IT!!!!

We got the Presidential Yellowstone Suite and a connecting room for our December trip!:tongue:

Fred.....it's all done, money has been transferred and DH says
"this is IT!!!"
Celebrating MIL's 78th birthday and our anniversary so I'm glad we'll FINALLY be returning to the WL!!!!
And experienceing their concierge, which have been outstanding!
Called and talked to Michael yesterday and he was so helpful and kind...answered all those questions I needed answered!::yes::
He also told me that they have a NEW CONCIERGE MANAGER, Brian.

:wave:

Originally posted by Mouse House Mama
Just got back from WL and we had a queen and bunkbeds on the third floor and we had a view of the castle and the fireworks every night! It was amazing!
:teeth:

I am sooo excited my stomach is doing flip flops!!:jumping1:

Thanks MouseHouseMama!! I will keep my fingers crossed that my requests are met although I know I will enjoy our stay no matter what view we have.

At WL? This is news to me as I keep in touch with Mark Newman who up till last Friday was the manager still. I wonder if he just didn't want to tell me?

Who knows.

Congrats on booking the next trip. I know you will have a good time.

Originally posted by BambiTamby
Fred.....it's all done, money has been transferred and DH says
"this is IT!!!"
He also told me that they have a NEW CONCIERGE MANAGER, Brian.

:wave:

Welcome back Chris!!!:wave2: Glad you had a Great trip! Can't wait to read your trip report. Those photos really made me wonder how I'm going to last till next year :crazy2:

My Dnieces would go absolutely nuts over that charm bracelet. I can see we'll be spending lots of time in the Mercantile!

Jessica :wave:

I have a stupid question about concierge...While I've used concierge services at other hotels - it was always after I arrived at a location, for example to recommend and/or secure dinner reservations. Now I know Disney concierge also makes ressies, but will they do this in advance? For example, if I'm staying concierge, could I expect them do get Cindy's ressies 90 days out? Or will I still need to secure the hard-to-acquire advance ressies myself? Would they also reserve Grand Gathering events? Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but I honestly don't know. Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle739
[BAlso, TooBoyz did you notice if they have framed WL prints? [/B]

Yep, they sure do Tinkerbelle !!!

If memory serves me right, the framed prints which were approx. 11x14 in size were around 45.00. The UN-framed matted prints were much less, about 20-25.00.
I am thinking you could frame it yourself for much less $$.

Chris

Hey Chris,
Nice pictures! We will be staying at the WL this Feb for the first time. I am a little nervous about sharing one room with my husband, DD 3 1/2 and DS5. Last year we stayed at the holiday inn suites but it took to long to get to MK. So we decided to stay at a WDW resort. I see that you have two kids. How was it? I don't want to be tempted to jump off the balcony. LOL. Was your room quiet? We have heard that the WL was noisy. We will be spending a lot of time in our room since the kids go to bed at 8pm. I hope that you write a trip report and share all of your adventures with us.
Tara:wave2:

Taratink, we have stayed at WL seven times. Request a room with bunk beds and the DC problem is solved. I have never had my sleep disturbed at WL even when we stayed right above the restaurant and "horse races". By 8 things have slowed up quite a bit. I think the benefits of staying on property far outweigh any possible negatives.

Originally posted by Taratink
Hey Chris,
Nice pictures! We will be staying at the WL this Feb for the first time. I am a little nervous about sharing one room with my husband, DD 3 1/2 and DS5. Last year we stayed at the holiday inn suites but it took to long to get to MK. So we decided to stay at a WDW resort. I see that you have two kids. How was it? I don't want to be tempted to jump off the balcony. LOL. Was your room quiet? We have heard that the WL was noisy. We will be spending a lot of time in our room since the kids go to bed at 8pm. I hope that you write a trip report and share all of your adventures with us.
Tara:wave2:

Not Chris, but I just returned from WL. We shared our room with DS 4 and DD 17mos. It was fine. We were tripping over each other a little in the AM when I was trying to get everyone ready, but nothing major.

As, to the noise, I have heard differing opinions/experiences. Here is my 2 cents. Our first night at the Lodge we were given Room 4081 - two queens/woods view/ fireworks view. It was in a corner right over the WCC. We asked to be moved the next day. Our son kept waking up because of the commotion downstairs. He is a somewhat light sleeper when he is not in his own bed. For the remainder of our trip we were in Room 5026 - two queens/ woods view/ Contemporary view/great fireworks viewing. No noise other than DD's tired snores and (briefly) the music from EWP at 9:45 each evening.

Good morning, do any of you know when you can check with CRO if any of the studio or one bedroom villa rooms are available. Or should I just call? Any advise would be great, thanks!

Originally posted by Mickey's Sister
I have a stupid question about concierge...While I've used concierge services at other hotels - it was always after I arrived at a location, for example to recommend and/or secure dinner reservations. Now I know Disney concierge also makes ressies, but will they do this in advance? For example, if I'm staying concierge, could I expect them do get Cindy's ressies 90 days out? Or will I still need to secure the hard-to-acquire advance ressies myself? Would they also reserve Grand Gathering events? Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but I honestly don't know. Thanks for your help!

Though I have not stayed at the WL concierge, I just returned home from a stay at the CR concierge. They made all my PS's BEFORE the 90 day mark. One very important tip, if they do not contact you around 100 days out, call them. Each resort has their own service so the phone numbers are different. I'm sure someone here can give you the phone number.

Enjoy!

If you post this over on the "Have you been bitten by the Concierge Bug" (Lounge Lizzard Thread) they will be able to answer and and all concierge questions.

As posted before, if they don't contact you, contact them. We typically communicate via email when planning as it is much more convenient than doing things over the phone.

You can email WDW.WLodge.Itinerary.Planning@disney.com for Wilderness Lodge Itinerary Planning. Take note that the people that do the planning in advance do not actually work on the concierge floor at WL. They also plan for guests staying at the Polynesian in concierge.

If there is anything I can answer regarding concierge, please ask.

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter