The **NEW** Grand Floridian FAQ!(MAY 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2011/06/disneys-concierge-club-connection-tests.html

orlandoparksnews.com said:
Advisory~Disney's Concierge Club Connection Pilot: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Two pilots will occur at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa to evaluate a new Club Level service during the following dates:

June 26 – July 2
July 17 – July 23

These pilots are being conducted to gain a better understanding of our guests’ needs and expectations for an optimal vacation experience. Concierge Club Connection provides guests with personalized assistance during their stay with dining, tour and recreation arrangements, and up-to-the-minute information on everything Disney. These guests will have access to a Concierge Club Connection cast member via phone, email or text message every day from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., with the option to leave a voice message 24 hours a day.

I believe this is a little more information than the original release. It does sound like the program is geared towards assistance during your stay. It also sounds like I will not be there during the test period.

The room had a nice view............there was a tree to the right of the balcony that did not obstruct the castle view, or the fireworks. The only thing it did interfer with was the electric light music at night..........you know the music on the water.

It was a quiet room, never heard our neighbors.

Daily newspaper.
twice daily maid service, turn down in evening.
I love there shampoo and rinse....their soap is the nicest smelling.

Pool was not crowded. Both were very clean...abundant towels. Main pool had ducks, pool with slide, no ducks.

Took the boats back from Magic Kingdom.

A lot of weddings going on...............got to see some beautiful wedding dresses.

Later.

Sounds like you had a wonderful week! :goodvibes Which building were you in?

Happy 4th to all as well. When thinking of what photo to post today I really didn't have anything so 4th of July feeling. So how about something opposite of being independent/Independence? Marriage.

:rotfl:

Too funny! :laughing:

I saw a link on another thread with an updated filing for the GF building project (possible DVC): http://www.epcyclopedia.com/2011/07...ion-moves-forward-with-more-details-revealed/

Interesting.

kaffinito - Building 8 is Boca Chica (Lyons Family posted their room number as 8233 - 8 is the building #, 2 is the floor, 33 is the room number).:)

skibum25 - thanks for the updated info. Too bad you won't be there during the program, I was counting on you to fill us in.;)

Mrs K - Only 9 days to go, woohoo!:dance3:

Jungle Cruiser - Love your photos of the storm!:goodvibes

catyanna - You are going to love the GF.:lovestruc

BTW - I just noticed you live in FL, you lucky girl. Moving there has been my dream since the early nineties.

It is nice in the winter & spring months but the summer is sooo humid. Plus I have never really seen the seasons change. I guess every place has its pros & cons. But I love that I am just a 3 hr. drive from THE MAGIC!

Not too far to drive but just far enough that we have to stay in a Disney Resort. :banana::banana::banana:

IMG_0274-1-1.jpg

Here's a photo after a wicked summer thunder shower. Too bad it didn't do anything to lower the temp. or humidity!

Thanks, skibum25, I'll be looking forward to your report.:goodvibes Ooh, only 3 more days until your trip, so exciting!:yay::banana::yay:

janeapplemeadow - another beautiful photo!

It is nice in the winter & spring months but the summer is sooo humid. Plus I have never really seen the seasons change. I guess every place has its pros & cons. But I love that I am just a 3 hr. drive from THE MAGIC!

Not too far to drive but just far enough that we have to stay in a Disney Resort. :banana::banana::banana:

Gotta love being close enough for a short drive, but far enough to need to stay on property.:thumbsup2

Watching the changing seasons is overrated, IMO.:rotfl: Seriously, I understand what you mean, if you are a FL native, you probably want to know what all the fuss is about. Fall can be very pretty and dramatic with the leaves changing. Not a fan of the ice and snow.:headache:

It is very humid in the summer here, too, so I'm willing to put up with that aspect for the mild winter weather! If I could just convince the DH to move from his lifetime home here.;)

K.C.Mike,
Your photos are great. Thanks for posting them. It actually makes me get off the stick and post some of my own.

Janeapplemeadow - beautiful! However, 5:30 a.m.:scared1: I thought I was up early at 6 a.m. waiting for everyone to wake up.

KCmike - also beautiful! I wish that I was there right now. Keep those pictures coming!

MommyGina,
It's a hard habit to break. At home, I'm up at 4:30 am to get ready to get to the hardware store at 7:00a.m. No matter how hard I try on vacation, I still wake up at 4:30 am. I try to sleep late but by 5:00 am I'm tossing and turning. The solution is to get dressed and roam around the GF with a cup of coffee until about 7 am when I know everyone will be awake. It's not a bad thing, I see some pretty great things and meet some interesting CM at that hour of the morning.

janeapplemeadow - beautiful photo, really interesting with the reflection of the palms in the water.

johnsonet - Hello, you! Great to see you.:hug:

Love the pics<3! Ive been there when I was a kid and Miss that Place gotta check out plane tickets!!! xx

Im really mad that the Grand Floridian is Sold out i wanted to switch resorts, I find it hard too believe the most expensive resort in wdw is completely sold out from August 1st-15th It makes no sense

Rooms Suddenly come available for Free Dining?

Janeapplemeadow and KCmike--LOVE the photos. You guys are getting me excited for our vacation. Only 106 days to go, not that I'm counting!! I can't wait to be at the GF!

Im really mad that the Grand Floridian is Sold out i wanted to switch resorts, I find it hard too believe the most expensive resort in wdw is completely sold out from August 1st-15th It makes no sense

Rooms Suddenly come available for Free Dining?
The 14th floor Tower Club level at the CR is closed due to renovations so those guests who were booked there and on the 12th floor Atrium Club level have been asked to switch to the GF (or the Poly, I believe). The CR/CL renovations are due to be completed this fall. That would account for some of the increased GF bookings. I suppose there could also be a convention or large wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter