The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey's Sister said:
Hi Buzz! For some reason I can't access the the 'just back trip report#40'. There's a message 'no thread specified.' :confused3

Thanks!
Jessica :wave:
It's been fixed, thanks for the heads up!

How late can you go for a swim in the Dig Site pool and the smaller pools? Do they close down at a specific time? Does the slide close down at the Dig Site? Can you go for a late night (i.e. 9, 10 p.m.) dip??

Ta!

cammie1229 said:
How late can you go for a swim in the Dig Site pool and the smaller pools? Do they close down at a specific time? Does the slide close down at the Dig Site? Can you go for a late night (i.e. 9, 10 p.m.) dip??

Ta!
The slide is only open as long as the lifeguards are on duty which is usually 10:00am - 8:00pm but the pool hours are 8:00am until midnight.

Just how spread out is CSR compared to CBR and OKW both of which we have stayed at. We are booked for the first time there and was just trying to get a feel for how large the place is. Its hard to tell just comparing the maps...smjj

smjj said:
Just how spread out is CSR compared to CBR and OKW both of which we have stayed at. We are booked for the first time there and was just trying to get a feel for how large the place is. Its hard to tell just comparing the maps...smjj
CSR surrounds a 15 acre lake while CBR surrounds a 45 acre lake. Big difference.

Was at Coronado last week and the Pool Hours were 8a-10p with a lifeguard on duty from 10a-8p. The slide was operational when the lifeguards were on duty.

48csaxc.jpg

2lt669k.jpg

As you can see, the pool hours on both signs state midnight but maybe it has changed since my trip in April or they shorten them during the off season.

Yes Buzz they put a magnetic overlay on the pool sign. It closed at 10PM when I was there last week.

silmarg said:
Yes Buzz they put a magnetic overlay on the pool sign. It closed at 10PM when I was there last week.
I wonder if it a seasonal thing. It has been midnight for our visits too.

Buzz --

Thank you so much for the great CSR threads, and all of the helpful advice you (and other DISers) provide to us. Checking out the new posts every night is my little guilty pleasure, and a great way to keep building excitement for my upcoming trip.

I'm heading to Disney for the first time in January (15 through 22), and based my accommodation booking for CSR on all of the fabulous info in the FAQ and trip reports, plus your CSR site. I've requested Cabana 9B or Casita 1, but it looks like regardless of where I'm placed, I'll have a lovely room.

Do you know if all of the quiet pools are shallow, or if there is a deep end at each? I'm looking forward to some morning and evening swims while there. And yes, I'll be sure to check for alligators before hopping in.

Thanks again for all your help. You are certainly CSR's best ambassador -- thanks to you, I know lots about the resort before even setting foot on the property, and I am SO very excited about being there.

8 weeks left to Disney World!! :cheer2:

Care said:
Buzz --

Thank you so much for the great CSR threads, and all of the helpful advice you (and other DISers) provide to us. Checking out the new posts every night is my little guilty pleasure, and a great way to keep building excitement for my upcoming trip.

I'm heading to Disney for the first time in January (15 through 22), and based my accommodation booking for CSR on all of the fabulous info in the FAQ and trip reports, plus your CSR site. I've requested Cabana 9B or Casita 1, but it looks like regardless of where I'm placed, I'll have a lovely room.

Do you know if all of the quiet pools are shallow, or if there is a deep end at each? I'm looking forward to some morning and evening swims while there. And yes, I'll be sure to check for alligators before hopping in.

Thanks again for all your help. You are certainly CSR's best ambassador -- thanks to you, I know lots about the resort before even setting foot on the property, and I am SO very excited about being there.

8 weeks left to Disney World!! :cheer2:
The caista quiet pool has lanes for swimming laps and is the largest of the 3 quiet pools. The others are smaller. I think they are similar to the large pool with some spots at 3ft 6 inches and go up to 5 feet deep. There are pics of all 3 on my site below.

I'm so excited! Me & my GF are staying here in December for MVMCP and were kind of reluctant about staying here. After reading all the good reviews and seeing all the pictures, I'm now convinced we made a good descion.

GreyStr0ke said:
I'm so excited! Me & my GF are staying here in December for MVMCP and were kind of reluctant about staying here. After reading all the good reviews and seeing all the pictures, I'm now convinced we made a good descion.
Have a great trip!!

Buzz2001 said:
The caista quiet pool has lanes for swimming laps and is the largest of the 3 quiet pools. The others are smaller. I think they are similar to the large pool with some spots at 3ft 6 inches and go up to 5 feet deep. There are pics of all 3 on my site below.

Are any of the pools of gradual depths - meaning that they start out at a depth of nothing and gradually increase?

My 4yo DD doesn't know how to swim and is only about 40-41" high so a 3ft 6 inch depth would mean that I would have to hold her the whole time....so I'm kind of hoping there's a pool that has a gradual depth.....

HLDisney (leaving for WDW tomorrow night!!!) :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :Pinkbounc

HLDisney said:
Are any of the pools of gradual depths - meaning that they start out at a depth of nothing and gradually increase?

My 4yo DD doesn't know how to swim and is only about 40-41" high so a 3ft 6 inch depth would mean that I would have to hold her the whole time....so I'm kind of hoping there's a pool that has a gradual depth.....

HLDisney (leaving for WDW tomorrow night!!!) :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :Pinkbounc
No, CSR does not have any zero entry pools. The side of the main pool next to the temple has 4 stairs that run the whole length and start to go around the corner towards the slide. There are also stairs similar to this on the side near the spitting tiki post. Many of the young ones hang out and these spots. See pic below for the stairs.

4bjl6j4.gif

Care said:
I'm looking forward to some morning and evening swims while there. And yes, I'll be sure to check for alligators before hopping in.

Ummmm...alligators? Seriously?? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter