The New and Updated Port Orleans Riverside FAQ Thread for 2008 --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked a "Royal Room" for my daughter and I on Feb. 24th. She is super excited! I can't tell from the dates of when they will be done but I think it will be just around when we get there.

It says Jan 15th (for now) and it looks like it is the first wave of royal rooms and will take 5 weeks, so I think timing wise that might be where we are staying. Of course if nothing goes wrong! Nothing ever goes wrong during construction, right? :)

I'll post a pic once we get there (only 250 days to go!).

Just booked a "Royal Room" for my daughter and I on Feb. 24th. She is super excited! I can't tell from the dates of when they will be done but I think it will be just around when we get there.

When the 2012 room rates were first released earlier in the week, Disney was obviously erring on the side of caution with the refurb dates, as Royal Rooms were initially only available from 4 March.

The refurb dates that I have seen for Parterre Place are 19 Feb-23 March, and for Oak Manor 15 Jan-17 Feb. Currently, the earliest date that the WDW website will allow booking of any Royal Rooms has now moved forward to 17th Feb, so that pretty much validates those refurb dates. And that'll be just in time for President's Day weekend and the peak school vacation week, what a coincidence... ;)

It's all very exciting isn't it? Saves you worrying about a building request anyway, you'll be in Oak Manor.

Andre

Just booked POR for Jan 2012, will be our 3rd stay there. We love the Mansion section, but our Fav location, Magnolia Terrace will now be preferred pricing :sad2: and not interested in the Princess rooms. So only bldg left is Acadia now.
We will be there this Aug too, and requested Acadia, as it will be finished by our visit. So hope we get a new room and it will give us a chance to see how we like the location. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get it.

Hope they release what the regular new rooms will look like soon.

Just booked POR for Jan 2012, will be our 3rd stay there. We love the Mansion section, but our Fav location, Magnolia Terrace will now be preferred pricing :sad2: and not interested in the Princess rooms. So only bldg left is Acadia now.

Both Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House should be staying as standard Riverside rooms after the refurb. It's Oak Manor and Parterre Place that will be getting the royal makeovers - and royal prices to go along with it too; $319 per night (PLUS tax) over Xmas for a river view Royal Room, ouch!!

See www.portorleans.org/roomrates.php for the full breakdown of the new prices.

Andre

Both Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House should be staying as standard Riverside rooms after the refurb. It's Oak Manor and Parterre Place that will be getting the royal makeovers - and royal prices to go along with it too; $319 per night (PLUS tax) over Xmas for a river view Royal Room, ouch!!

See www.portorleans.org/roomrates.php for the full breakdown of the new prices.

Andre

Hi Andre, when I was on the phone booking with CRO, I first asked for Mag. Terrace for our Jan 2012 trip, and was told by them it was now classified as preferred? So I booked Acadia. Next time I phone, I'll ask again about Mag. Terrace availibility, Maybe CM was wrong, it happens, although I think I'll like Acadia too. If I get my room request in Aug I'll get to see. Have 2 upcoming trips, yay!

August 20-27 for us and requesting the same. Maybe the whole building will be full of DISers :cool1:

Sounds good to me!!!! I'm decorating our windows, but I haven't quite figured out what yet. I'm thinking along the lines of a Princess theme, as we are hopefully staying Mansions!!! Maybe we'll see ya there, but for sure at the pool!!!

$319 a night? :scared1: Are they out of their minds? That is deluxe pricing. That price had better include free meals, a spa day, my personal assistant, etc...

Here's today's POTD.
IMG_1522.jpg

$319 a night? :scared1: Are they out of their minds? That is deluxe pricing. That price had better include free meals, a spa day, my personal assistant, etc...

Here's today's POTD.
IMG_1522.jpg

I don't understand this anymore than I understand the pricing for the Animation resort. I love POR, but I would not pay that much for it when I could potentially stay cheaper at Wilderness Lodge and AKL.

I don't understand this anymore than I understand the pricing for the Animation resort. I love POR, but I would not pay that much for it when I could potentially stay cheaper at Wilderness Lodge and AKL.

I agree! I'd stay at WL before I'd pay that for a Princess room. But my daughters are in their 20's now. POR is our fav mod. But if I'm paying that price, it's going to be deluxe resort.

Here's today's POTD.
IMG_1522.jpg

Beautiful pic. I love walking along the river path.

Here's today's POTD.
IMG_1522.jpg

Which mansion building is that? I want my room to be right there on the top floor with that view! I am SO there! As usual, a beautiful pic.

Can we take a boat from por to ssr? Anyone know how long it takes?
Thank you!

You can take a boat to DTD and then go to the loading area for SSR and get that boat to get there. You would have to do the reverse of course to get back to POR. Timewise.....you are probably talking 40 minutes or so; between actual travel time and waiting for each boat to arrive/depart. Of course, that will also depend on your time of day....boats run every 20 minutes before 4 p.m. but every 10 minutes after 4 p.m.

Which mansion building is that? I want my room to be right there on the top floor with that view! I am SO there! As usual, a beautiful pic.

I think that's the riverview end of the northern wing of Parterre Place. I've stayed in one of the upper-floor rooms just visible on the left of the photo, lovely view and great location right next to a quiet pool and very close to one of the bridges over to the main building (just behind the photographer).

In fact, here is a picture of DD Lucy, who was aged four at the time, taking in the view from the very location you want:

PICT0384.jpg

Andre

Here's today's POTD.
IMG_1522.jpg

I stayed in that exact section just this past year. I was on the first floor. It is Parterre Place.

I was in the second room in from the corner the first night (the corner closest to the photographer), so I had an obstructed view of the river from the stairs. That was the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I had a room only the first night and a package the rest of the week.

When I went back to check-in on Sunday, the CM said if I didn't mind moving right next door she could give me the corner room. Luckily, it was a connecting room, so all I had to do was throw my stuff from one side to the other.

It was a king bed room and I could see past the stairs; wonderful location.:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter