The New and Updated Port Orleans Riverside FAQ Thread for 2008 --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are positives of WDW during Sept. Taking my daughter for her birthday Sept 14-21,2012. Still debating between royal room, or AoA for theme or contempory for convienance and nostalgia(its where I stayed when I was a kid)

It's VERY hot in September but the crowds are always very low, and I love the Halloween decorations in the MK. There are pumpkins everywhere and orange and yellow mums, along with special statues that they bring out of the characters in costume. And I LOVE MNSSHP. We just went in May and although the Flower and Garden Fesitval stuff was really pretty, it just wasn't the same. I found myself really missing the fall decorations.

We are normally Poly people, but I can't pass up those Royal Rooms. They had me a hot pink chairs!!!

Well we seem to have hit the 2,500 post mark just a couple of days before the refurbishment work at Port Orleans Riverside begins, so now would seem to be an ideal time to close this thread and start a brand new refurbished one.

So please, as soon as the rope drops, could everyone walk (don't run) over to our new home at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744783.

See you there! (And don't forget to resubscribe there, or you won't see any new messages)

Andre

[Moderators, could you close this thread when you get a chance please? Thanks]

Can someone tell me which buildings are considered the preferred locations? I would like to stay close to the main building on the Mansion side for my next trip. I see there is an option to reserve preferred, water, river or standard views. I would really love preferred with river views but don't see that option.
The proximity to the main building is more inportant than the views.
Thanks for any help you can offer!
:)

After asking a lot of questions in the spring when I made my reservation, I was finally told that the preferred rooms at POR are in Alligator Bayou buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27. They did not mention any mansion buildings.

By the middle of January, Alligator Bayou buildings 36, 37, 38 and 39 should all have been completed (they are meant to be done before Xmas in fact). They are all a bit of a trek to the main building to be honest, but building 38 isn't too bad, especially with the bridge across to the Ol' Man Island pool. The North Depot bus stop is fairly close too. If you want a refurbed room, ask for building 38.

The early market research images showed a partial canopy over the beds, plus nicer ceiling detailing and some other things which got trimmed down by the time we saw the first artist's impressions of the rooms that they are going to actually build. The canopies didn't make it through the cost/benefit analysis I suspect.

Here's the original market research image vs. the sample room for which publicity photos have now been released:

Market Research Survey Image:
roomtheme-royal1.jpg

Rendering of the the final concept:
POR-RoyalRoom-ConceptArt-250411_forum.jpg

Publicity photo of a sample room:
POR-RoyalRoom-991823_forum.jpg

It's a shame really, as I agree the original images looked lovely - and if you look at the final results, while they still look pretty, most of the decor changes are now fairly superficial. Even the ornate coving is gone, replaced with a simple paper border strip, as is the wooden door frame and heraldry detailing.

Andre

.:surfweb:

When Disney first revealed October's free dining, we booked POFQ because we had never stayed there and we wanted a renovated room. But, since free dining didn't kick in until October 23rd, we had to make two reservations - a one-night room only for the 22nd, and the remainder with free dining from 23rd-30th.

Now, thanks to the Disboards, I just found out that Disney changed the free dining dates from Oct 23 to Oct 22, so I called to add the 22nd to my existing reservation and cancel my room-only reservation. However, the free dining on the 22nd wasn't available at POFQ, but it was at POR. So we going back to POR instead, with free dining the entire week!!! :banana:

Now I need to request a renovated room in either Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace, and we will have the perfect vacation booked. But if we don't get a renovated room, who cares? POR is our favorite resort!!

Please could you use the new updated thread now. Thanks.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744783

Andre

Well we seem to have hit the 2,500 post mark just a couple of days before the refurbishment work at Port Orleans Riverside begins, so now would seem to be an ideal time to close this thread and start a brand new refurbished one.

So please, as soon as the rope drops, could everyone walk (don't run) over to our new home at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744783.

See you there! (And don't forget to resubscribe there, or you won't see any new messages)

Andre

[Moderators, could you close this thread when you get a chance please? Thanks]

I am traveling to Disney for Spring Break with DS-16, DS-14 and my parents. We are staying at POFQ. I was just wondering what is the best time to get to the River Roost to see Bob Jackson? I know the show starts at 8:30, but how early do we need to get there to get a seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter