the new AKV DVD

I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet! I hope I get one. (How pathetic is it that I'm really bummed that I haven't gotten it yet :lmao: )

I got mine today, the postman jamed the box in side ways, i had a hard time getting it out, thank goodness its all in tac.

Thanks for all the info on the DVD.

Still haven't received ours. Can't wait until we do.

Received ours yesterday. A few thoughts about the DVD. Also surprised to see Roy on there, but he certainly made the DVD beter IMO. Very impressed by the work put into the DVD, total time close to 2 hrs if you watch everything on it. Casey does a good job promoting DVC, hope she continues in the future. AKV look very impressive, still don't want to purchase there, but can't wait to stay in Kidani village in the future. Love the pool area they are creating. One question though. When AKV was first annouced, I was under the impression that the existing part of AKL would only have the 5th and 6th floors of one section of the resort tranformed to DVC rooms. The pamplet that accompanied the DVD shows that the entire resort will have the 5th and 6th floors changed to DVC. Is this correct or am I missing something.?:confused3

I got ours yesterday. I'm like some others - wasn't too interested in add-onpoints there until I looked thru the material. Am I easy or what????:rotfl:

I dropped a hint to my DH but he didn't bite! Maybe I need to be more direct!

If we don't get points there, I know we'll be trying to stay there.

For some reason, I'm interested in waiting until the additional section is built. I think it would be more DVC-like for me rather than staying in converted AKL rooms.

Ours came today too. We saw the model rooms last week, and went up to the top floor way on the end and took photos of the construction site at AKV, and now this video and booklet have me getting VERY excited for our first stay there in March! If i'm going to like it as much as I expect to, I might just have to sell one OKW contract and buy another AKV! I see this resort as being its own immersive destination. Since we spend a lot of time at AK anyway, I can see us spending whole vacations only staying at AKV and visiting AK, and leaving the rest of the "world" behind! Jim is right on the DVD when he says this is going to be a timeshare resort like no other!!

Got ours today, and watched it right away! I love coming home and finding a package too large to fit in my mailbox and it's from DVC!! It was a great DVD, and I liked the portion of the AKV. It had a lot of great trivia and history about the hotel. I've never stayed there, so it's great to hear all it said. And Roy was a surprise. But I'm glad to see he's still around.

Don't they have the nicest way of letting you know they're increasing prices! Maybe I should stop getting so excited over DVC mail!!

One question though. When AKV was first annouced, I was under the impression that the existing part of AKL would only have the 5th and 6th floors of one section of the resort tranformed to DVC rooms. The pamplet that accompanied the DVD shows that the entire resort will have the 5th and 6th floors changed to DVC. Is this correct or am I missing something.?:confused3

It's the entire existing resort.

The pamplet that accompanied the DVD shows that the entire resort will have the 5th and 6th floors changed to DVC.

We didn't get a pamphlet. We just had the brown fold out thing with the DVD in the middle. The fold out thing had never been sealed. The package was a little beat up.

Did I miss alot?

By the way, on the DVC getaways, I thought it was interesting that they only focused on 2 California, Colorado, New York, London, and France. I guess I was trying to read into upcoming resorts too much!!! I know that DVC-DL, Colorado, NY, have all been mentioned before. I also figured if they added DL that they might add another destination for our Western DVC'ers, and something near DL-Paris.

Jim, if your listening...I still want DVC Gulf Shores, AL !!!!

popcorn::

I watched it today(just the AKV part) it was interesting. Though not interesting enough to buy points at.

I showed DH the DVD yesterday when he got home from his business trip and he was impressed with the AKV. He mentioned a couple of times about adding points there, but I don't know. I'm still holding out hope for a DLR DVC!!

What increase in price? Ijust bought and need to sing my papers.

We watched it the other night. DH was even impressed with it. He said it makes him want to NOT sell DVC right now and hang onto it , LOL. (He has been wanting to sell just to take the profit...he is not quite into Disney as I am , LOL.)

My favorite part of the whole video was the animal handler's "GIRAFFE!!!!!!!!!!!" story.

:)

Agree:thumbsup2

Reminds me of how my family members all vie to be the 1st to see the Castle each trip;) for bragging rights lol, gives me the warm & fuzzies just thinking about it.:cloud9:

We didn't get ours until Saturday the 26th. I might watch the AKV section again after the Red Sox win tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter