the new AKV DVD

spiceycat

dvc-blt
was anyone else surprised by Roy Disney being on it?

I was expecting Jim.

but was surprised by Roy Disney - I though he quit Disney and WDW?

was anyone else surprised by Roy Disney being on it?

I was expecting Jim.

but was surprised by Roy Disney - I though he quit Disney and WDW?

From what I've read, Bob Iger reached out to Roy Disney and he is once again involved to some extent with the Company. I don't remember the details though.

I liked the description of guests arriving in the AKL lobby for the first time. That must be so rewarding for the Imagineers involved.

Did you have to order the DVD or were they automatically sent to DVC members?

I haven't received one.

It is probably on its way.

I didn't order it. and it included information on the owners price going up.

so I would expect it shortly.

I had no interest in AKV - but after seeing this DVD I do....

too bad I can't afford it now.:rotfl: :happytv: :sad2: :rolleyes:

Just came in today's mail per my husband. I'm looking forward to seeing it tonight!

we got ours today, DHs on vacation (he built a retaining wall lol)...

he suggested we crack open a bottle of vino & curl up & watch it tonight (appears as though he's now fully onboard the DVC wagon, was just humoring me @ first, now he's hooked):banana:

Should I pour a big glass or a little one? Hope it's not one of those 10 minute teaser fluff pieces.:wizard:

Anyone know how long the DVD is? Is it a short 15 minute presentation, or much longer?

The section called a "Village Comes to Life" is about 23 minutes long.

There are other sections though. Under Special Features there are tours of SSR and AKV. I thought yesterday when I first checked that area out, it said the AKV tour was 40 minutes long but it is actually 4:55.:confused3

We received our packet two weeks ago today or tomorrow. Did anyone else who was about to leave on a trip get one then too. It certainly worked as a reminder to me to get over to the models while we were there.

I think they were send out to remind DVC members of the increase in price.

but this type of thing was what I was expecting from them when they announced AKV.

It is like the stuff we got send for VWL, BCV, SSR. of course they didn't have the DVD which I have to admit adds something.

If this is the DVD that has Roy Disney talking about the AK Villas, it has been around since at least March. We visited our guide at DLR and she gave us the latest DVC DVD, and it was on that. I hope there is something else on it that would make it new for us. I will just have to wait and see.

We just received ours today, and yes I was surprised to see Roy appearing.

Up to this point I haven't been interested in buying at AKV, but this is a very effective promotional video. Now I am interested (but not sold).

Okay, I guess we did not see the right section you are all talking about. Both my kids tore into that AKV packet and 6yo DD put the DVD on. I was so excited until I saw that it was "Casey" showcasing DVC with families interviewed in between segments. I was making dinner so I didn't pay close attention. So I guess I'll review it myself b/c I'd love to see more about AKV. I liked the artist renderings in the packet of the AKV. We don't need anymore points but look forward to staying there as we love AKL. :)

Our DVD arrived today. I'm going to watch it tonight while DD and DS are at the POTC movie pirate: . When DS saw the proposed pool area in the brochure he was blown away!

We watched the DVD and really liked it.

Saw POC last night:thumbsup2 ; squeezed in the AK portion of DVC.

Very compelling stuff; hope we get to visit next year.

They list Roy on the DVD as "something or other" emeritus.;) Guess he signed a release.

Only part that seemed strange was when Jim Lewis shared his moment of his young son seeing the savannah several years. Somehow I think Disney World may be old-hat to them now.

Saw POC last night:thumbsup2 ; squeezed in the AK portion of DVC.

Very compelling stuff; hope we get to visit next year.

They list Roy on the DVD as "something or other" emeritus.;) Guess he signed a release.

Only part that seemed strange was when Jim Lewis shared his moment of his young son seeing the savannah several years. Somehow I think Disney World may be old-hat to them now.

My favorite part of the whole video was the animal handler's "GIRAFFE!!!!!!!!!!!" story.

:)

My favorite part of the whole video was the animal handler's "GIRAFFE!!!!!!!!!!!" story.

:)

Mine, too! I can just imagine it. It's fun to be on the balcony and hear an excited child somewhere pointing out an animal. Sometimes the parents are even funnier when they are trying to tell the kids WHAT animal they are looking at and the parents aren't even close to being accurate!

Got it today, but haven't watched it yet. Nice packaging, etc. This is why the points are going up, LOL. That must have cost a fortune to mail to 80,000 DVC families! :rotfl:

Well you guys are all lucky! Our package arrived today and there is no DVD in it! :-( There's supposed to be one--but absolutely nothing is in the DVD spot--I tore the entire package apart thinking I must be nuts. Just called and left a message with our guide asking for a new packet. Hope it comes soon! Anyone else have this problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter