The MURPHYS are LIVE from the Polynesian!! 7/27-8/3 Come join the fun!!! :)

Nope, we never met them. They filmed us all on separate dates. But I did get the chance to talk with a couple of them here on the DIS. :) I'm not sure if any of them are still on the boards though. Possibly I'm the only one still obsessed ;) LOL

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Erica, a few years ago my family met you at Epcot (you were there with yoru inlaws, I believe it was October 2008 maybe). I saw you from a distance in Epcot in March 2012 (no I do not stalk you I promise) and then to top all that off, my husband and I ran into Dave Lloyd and his wife last October at AK. I told him I had met you guys and he thought that was pretty funny! Their daughter works at AK now.

Loved your trip report as always.

Your boys are so big, its hard to believe those are those little guys from Fans Guide. No more Diapers and Wipers for you!:lmao:

Erica, a few years ago my family met you at Epcot (you were there with yoru inlaws, I believe it was October 2008 maybe). I saw you from a distance in Epcot in March 2012 (no I do not stalk you I promise) and then to top all that off, my husband and I ran into Dave Lloyd and his wife last October at AK. I told him I had met you guys and he thought that was pretty funny! Their daughter works at AK now.

Loved your trip report as always.

Your boys are so big, its hard to believe those are those little guys from Fans Guide. No more Diapers and Wipers for you!:lmao:

That is so cool about Dave's daughter working at AK! :thumbsup2 He's a really nice guy. :goodvibes I always tell my boys they should do the college program so I can move down there with them and do their laundry! :lmao:

I'm LOL'ing about the diapers and wipers comment because my husband has been teased sooooo much about that over the years. ;) It's hard to believe Connor was only 2 and now he's 12! :upsidedow Those people who recognized us in the Poly CL lounge last week said they couldn't believe how tall the boys were and that I looked exactly the same. Who knows, maybe Mickey bars and dole whips keep away wrinkles!??!!!??? ;) :lmao: :laughing:

Just finished your wonderful "live" trip report. I really love the poly so much, but when I think of the upcoming changes I feel so sad. :sad1:
I'm thinking about doing a split stay poly/bc next summer. We are big fans of all the monorail resorts so I was a little afraid of "going to the other side" and booking an Epcot resort. But after reading that all your boys prefer that area I feel better with my decision. We are staying 7 nights, do you think that is enough nights to even do a split stay?
Thanks so much and I look forward to traveling along with you on your next Disney adventure!!:cool1:

Just finished your wonderful "live" trip report. I really love the poly so much, but when I think of the upcoming changes I feel so sad. :sad1:
I'm thinking about doing a split stay poly/bc next summer. We are big fans of all the monorail resorts so I was a little afraid of "going to the other side" and booking an Epcot resort. But after reading that all your boys prefer that area I feel better with my decision. We are staying 7 nights, do you think that is enough nights to even do a split stay?
Thanks so much and I look forward to traveling along with you on your next Disney adventure!!:cool1:

You can't go wrong with the Epcot resort area, imho. It was easily on par with the Monorail resort area in terms of convenience, magical atmosphere and variety of transportation. We've stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and recently returned from a week-long stay at the Polynesian. I honestly can't say which one was a better experience.

Just went back and reread. What a great report and a lovely vacation!:)
BTW, I'm from the next town over from your hubby!
Have a great rest of the summer:wave2:

I think 7 nights is enough. :thumbsup2 Poly and BC are both great resorts for summer time , you'll enjoy the best of both worlds by spending part of the week close to MK and the other part at Epcot. :goodvibes

152 days until we're back! I'm already counting down. ;)

Yep :) it was a show called Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World. It doesn't air on the Travel Channel anymore, but you can watch it in 6 parts on YouTube. ;)

Ha, this is random! I just watched that on YouTube last night, and I randomly came across this live report today. Nice to kind of meet you! :goodvibes

Oh, and I enjoyed reading your report! I'm going to go back and read your past ones too.

Ha, this is random! I just watched that on YouTube last night, and I randomly came across this live report today. Nice to kind of meet you! :goodvibes

Oh, and I enjoyed reading your report! I'm going to go back and read your past ones too.

Hi Erica,
I really enjoyed reading your trip report! What a beautiful family!

Quick question....what size is your American Tourister suitcase? I just purchased the 29 inch and was wondering if it was too big for airline guidlines? Love the purple color!!

We're off to the Food and Wine Festival and Halloween Party and staying at the Beach Club September 25.:banana:
Cathy

Hi Erica,
I really enjoyed reading your trip report! What a beautiful family!

Quick question....what size is your American Tourister suitcase? I just purchased the 29 inch and was wondering if it was too big for airline guidlines? Love the purple color!!

We're off to the Food and Wine Festival and Halloween Party and staying at the Beach Club September 25.:banana:
Cathy

Thank you :)

Are you asking about carrying on the suitcase or checking it? I know for southwest it can't be over 24 inches. We always check our bags , which of course works perfectly with ME luggage handling. Those yellow tags take your bags right to your room.

Sounds like you guys have a great trip planned! We will be down again the first of November and I'm hoping to hit the F&W while we're there. :)

Are you asking about carrying on the suitcase or checking it? I know for southwest it can't be over 24 inches. We always check our bags , which of course works perfectly with ME luggage handling. Those yellow tags take your bags right to your room.

Sounds like you guys have a great trip planned! We will be down again the first of November and I'm hoping to hit the F&W while we're there. :)

We always check our luggage too. Love Southwest for that reason ! I didn't see the purple American Tourister I bought in 24 so I went with 29. It was the delite model. Is yours the 24 because I noticed it fit in the closet? I think I'll return the 29" I have for something smaller. That way if I ever need to carry it on I can.
Thanks for your fast reply!

Hi Erika! I followed you along on this latest live trip report (and several previous ones too!). I thought you had said you were not getting back to the World until early 2014. I must have missed something! Have you ever been down there for the F&W? This will be my first time. DH and I are heading down in October!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We always check our luggage too. Love Southwest for that reason ! I didn't see the purple American Tourister I bought in 24 so I went with 29. It was the delite model. Is yours the 24 because I noticed it fit in the closet? I think I'll return the 29" I have for something smaller. That way if I ever need to carry it on I can.
Thanks for your fast reply!

Mine is the 29 and it fit perfectly in that closet :) I do have the 24 also, in black, but I pack heavy for WDW. ;)

Hi Erika! I followed you along on this latest live trip report (and several previous ones too!). I thought you had said you were not getting back to the World until early 2014. I must have missed something! Have you ever been down there for the F&W? This will be my first time. DH and I are heading down in October!

Kerry

Hello!!!!! :goodvibes :) You are correct our next official WDW trip is in January, but we are going to be down in Orlando for MineCon (taking the boys to the Minecraft convention November 1-2) and we thought we'd go down a day or two early to hit the F&W and possibly MNSSHP. Biggest problem with that idea is the kids would need to miss more school. :worried: They are already missing 2 days and now that our oldest is in high school I don't know how that would work out. I miss the days of elementary school when we would just take them out for a week or 10 days and go! ::yes::

We have been to the F&W many times... it is great! :hyper: You will love it!!! :thumbsup2 Last year was the best one yet, and I'm sure it will be just as amazing this year. All the food is delicious and we love the Eat to the Beat concerts and the wine tasting. :woohoo:

9EC58166-A165-487E-A521-8CB723B96963-13331-00000467FCDF4A42.jpg

I have pictures from last year's F&W in this album: http://s59.photobucket.com/user/ekmurphy12/library/Disney World Nov 2012?sort=3&page=1

Thanks for this Erika! We are also doing F&W for the first time in Oct. :) Can't wait!! 30 days left

Thanks for this Erika! We are also doing F&W for the first time in Oct. :) Can't wait!! 30 days left

Don't miss the welcome center over next to Ellen's energy adventure. Well, that is assuming they have it there again this year. We had fun tasting wine and wandering around listening in on the seminars and demonstrations. :thumbsup2

Mine is the 29 and it fit perfectly in that closet :) I do have the 24 also, in black, but I pack heavy for WDW. ;)

Thanks Erica! I decided to keep the 29". That way I can pack my pillow too. I usually pack a fan so it will drown out the noise if my husband decides to snore. But this is a girlfriends only trip. Hopefully quiet sleepers!

Don't miss the welcome center over next to Ellen's energy adventure. Well, that is assuming they have it there again this year. We had fun tasting wine and wandering around listening in on the seminars and demonstrations. :thumbsup2

Thanks we'll check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter