The Movie Up

Tink1024

Earning My Ears
I just went to see the movie Up tonight. So amazing!!!! :goodvibes But I was wondering... are the Up characters going to be in any of the Disney parks? :confused3 I would love to meet them!

I just went to see the movie Up tonight. So amazing!!!! :goodvibes But I was wondering... are the Up characters going to be in any of the Disney parks? :confused3 I would love to meet them!

I'm SO excited to go see that tomorrow!!!!! :cool1: SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

They're already at DHS for photos. They're in the Animation Building.

they've been there for a week now I think. dug, carl and russell.

disney provided photo:
0514ar_3587gd47191781-222x300.jpg

Yep, UP is in and Bolt is out. We were there on Bolt's last day (May 9th). They were sending them on their way (out) in order to make room for the UP characters. I can't say for any other day, but the line to see Bolt & Rhino indicated that they were still in demand to be seen. I'm dissapointed to see that Disney has swept them away. Hopefully UP has a longer existence for Meet & Greets!

A few of the user reviews at Yahoo said that it was sad/depressing. Is that true? My sons are 9 and 8, and I wanted to take them tomorrow.

The critic reviews seem incredible thus far.

I saw it tonight. The beginning is sad to me. But,I don't think the kids noticed it. I took nephews 7 and 9, and DD3. They all loved it.

There were a few parts that were sad, but WAY more funny parts than sad ones. It was really cute and definitely worth going to see at the movies! I took my 10 yr old DS and he loved it too! :thumbsup2

It was a fantastic movie, Pixar does what Walt always said about the movies: "for every laugh there should be a tear". There was a sad part in the beginning, but it moved the movie forward. I think this is my favorite Pixar movie, we LOVED it.

I can't wait to see it. Have been hearing such wonderful things about it. Can't wait to see the characters at Disneyworld too!

OOh Ooh we saw it!! It was so stinking cute, and funny. Couple sad parts though, poor Carl :(

I love Doug, the dog and Kevin the bird!! Too cute. Russell the little boy is adorable.

I hope that the characters are still there in January! I so want to see them.

I'm glad to hear all the great reviews. I was going to take my son to see it today but didn't get a chance so we'll be going next week. He loved the previews for it. Hopefully the characters will still be there in August. I know he would love to see the dog. I didn't realize they switched the characters around that much. I guess maybe they want to keep the characters with the movies as they come out.

Oh! When my dad and I met the gang, it was so great! My dad walked up to Dug and said "Hi Dug, my name is Lee....squirrel!" and Dug actually freaked out!!

I just saw the movie and it was great AND hilarious :)

I thought it was o.k. There were some funny parts, but lots of sadness too. Even my 6 year old was sad during the movie. She was also scared by some of the violence. yes, I know it is a cartoon movie, but cartoon guns are scary too!

That picture was great!!

Just like any other movie some kids will get scared, some will not. You just have to know your child and make sure they understand it is a movie, not real.

We took our boys, 4 and 2.5 to see it last night. We ALL loved it. It had sad moments, but mostly a lot of laughs. I also think most of the kids in the theater did not really understand the sadness.

I think this is my favorite Pixar movie too. Such a great story. And I went into it not too excited to see it.

We went to see UP 3D yesterday at 3:30 and the theatre was PACKED with teenagers who just graduated high school and they were laughing LOUDLY...it was refreshing to see teens at a movie like this. There was also a van from a retirement village that brought out about 14 seniors, all of whom loved it.

My daughter wants to be a PIXAR animator and she and my husband are gifted artists, so we see all PIXAR movies the day they come up, and I have to say, this is one of THE BEST.

It is a beautiful story about the love and relationship of an unconventional couple...yes, there are sad parts, I was actually bawling like a baby in a few parts! It has an "Its a Wonderful Life" vibe where the dreams you have don't work out, but the life you get is better than what you could have imagined. I actually didn't expect the story to be as rich as it was.

As far as the poster who said it was violent...ummm, yes, it had kind of a few scary moments with barking dogs and the explorer is a mean guy with a scary voice provided by the amazing Christopher Plummer (sigh...he is so handsome in Sound of Music), but the theatre had tons of little kids and nobody was scared. The "guns" were tranquilizer guns...it was mild cartoon violence, nothing scarier than what you'd see in "The Lion King", but there was a lot of action. Kudos to Ed Anser for another beautiful performance...I cannot WAIT to get a picture at HS next week with the characters!

I highly recommend this movie...but see it in 3D, it is amazing!

LOVE the pics of the characters -- they are soo CUTE!

I'm excited to see the movie. I think just about any Disney movie has some sad/scary parts, no? Think "When Somebody Loved Me" from TS2, and that fish at the bottom of the ocean in Nemo. My DD was little at the time and she was so scared of that fish she demanded we leave the theater at that part (and never would go back in - boo!). I think some of that is what makes them SOOO watchable SOO many times -- that roller coaster of emotions. And they ALL have a happy ending (well, except maybe Old Yeller). :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter