The Mayor Of Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, no doubt. Both #1 and #2 were/are attention seekers. Vegas tends to not see the townships but as you can see everyone was pretty damn quick to point out she has no authority when it comes to The Strip. I don’t know anyone who takes her seriously.
Besides that, isn't the city of Las Vegas really run by a city manager with a weak mayor? That's pretty much the government of most cities around here. Usually our mayors are really just a member of the city council where "Mayor" is really just a figurehead who attends to ceremonial duties and serves as the head of the city council, while the city manager has most of the power.

Sacrifice a city as a control group VS injecting disinfectant and shining UV light.

I don’t know, both sound pretty wild but worth a shot.

/s (<— just in case)

Funny, I hadn't seen this but was talking to colleagues about the fact that you can't do a randomized control trial (RCT) for something like this, so really knowing what worked/didn't work can be difficult. We can compare areas that put different rules in place, but there are usually many differences in the rules/actions, so hard to pinpoint what one difference was the driving force. Plus, since the actions are influenced by political, societal, and other factors, there is a huge amount of confounding. Analysis will, of course, be done but will rely on some assumptions and modelling. Given the vast scope and varied responses, we should get some good information but this feeds into the "pandemic that cried wolf" thoughts that some have.

I guess the mayor of Las Vegas is thinking that RCTs should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter