• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have abandoned the DC post-cruise part of our trip. DH wasn't thrilled about it, because the boys are too young to really appreciate it. I just wanted to go since my mom and stepdad would be there anyway for her reunion (seriously, that lady and her friends just make excuses to go on trips every year -- who goes to a 52nd year reunion???)

So instead we are going to WDW again!!! Woo hoo! Our Premium APs (yay for the $300 DVC discount!) will still be active from our Christmas trip, we will stay at AKV (our home), so all it will cost will be two- or three-day hoppers for my dad and stepmom! Stoked! :thumbsup2

We have abandoned the DC post-cruise part of our trip. DH wasn't thrilled about it, because the boys are too young to really appreciate it. I just wanted to go since my mom and stepdad would be there anyway for her reunion (seriously, that lady and her friends just make excuses to go on trips every year -- who goes to a 52nd year reunion???)

So instead we are going to WDW again!!! Woo hoo! Our Premium APs (yay for the $300 DVC discount!) will still be active from our Christmas trip, we will stay at AKV (our home), so all it will cost will be two- or three-day hoppers for my dad and stepmom! Stoked! :thumbsup2

Ok I would DEF take WDW over DC any day, but how old are your boys? My youngest was 4 when we went to DC, and granted its only been a year but when we went back this summer the first thing he asked was to go back to the dinosaur museum. They all LOVED the Smithsonian of Natural history, and of course there's the DC zoo that they loved too. We even did the Lincoln memorial, the Vietnam wall and the Washington monument. They may not have fully understood the scope of what those monuments were, but it was free, it was outside and it gave me and DH a chance to revisit these places while the kids got to play. This year we even braved Arlington cemetery (hubby's apartment backs up to it) and they did great, for 5 & 6 years old. They even understood the basic concept too.

Ok I would DEF take WDW over DC any day, but how old are your boys? My youngest was 4 when we went to DC, and granted its only been a year but when we went back this summer the first thing he asked was to go back to the dinosaur museum. They all LOVED the Smithsonian of Natural history, and of course there's the DC zoo that they loved too. We even did the Lincoln memorial, the Vietnam wall and the Washington monument. They may not have fully understood the scope of what those monuments were, but it was free, it was outside and it gave me and DH a chance to revisit these places while the kids got to play. This year we even braved Arlington cemetery (hubby's apartment backs up to it) and they did great, for 5 & 6 years old. They even understood the basic concept too.

I absolutely hear ya. I think there is plenty for them to do and to appreciate, but at the same time, it's not a place I want to visit multiple times. I guess our theory is that we should go there the one time we go there when they are old enough to truly value that small part of our country's history. Plus, America is just so young. There isn't the super cool wow factor that you get from La Sagrada Familia haha.

It's been a while since I've done a cruise with newer ports and not ports that have existed for a while. So, my question, when will they have port adventures listed for our cruise?

Geez we're only a little over 300 days from sailing which means concierge and platinum cruises can start booking in just a bit over 5 months!! :rotfl2:

Don't they know they are dealing with obsessive planners!! :lmao:

It's been a while since I've done a cruise with newer ports and not ports that have existed for a while. So, my question, when will they have port adventures listed for our cruise?

Geez we're only a little over 300 days from sailing which means concierge and platinum cruises can start booking in just a bit over 5 months!! :rotfl2:

Don't they know they are dealing with obsessive planners!! :lmao:

IIRC, they came out just in time for Platinum for the 2012 EBPC. I'd really like to see them, too!

I am from Dallas, Texas and generally travel with my teenage daughter. I won't be able to pull her out of school for this trip. So I'll be cruising solo but love to hang out with all the fabulous people from DISboards :)

So a great big HOWDY from the Lone Star State!!

Hi there! I actually live in Plano and will be on the WBTA as well. Welcome aboard. I'm travelling with one of my Disney friends (KARRIT2000) who lives in New York. We are still figuring out the pre and post portions of the cruise. One of my other friends from California, Leonard, is also on the cruise so there will be plenty of single folks on the cruise.

If you go back and look at the first page, I have NO DOUBT that we will be having LOTS of fun.

Look forward to getting to know you - Cristi - TexasMousEars

Welcome to all of you new cruisers. I am looking forward to meeting many of you whose posts I feel like I have been reading forever ( has it been that long since Feb?)
With all of the holidays fast approaching, the next month will pass quickly. Enjoy the weekend.

Welcome to all of you new cruisers. I am looking forward to meeting many of you whose posts I feel like I have been reading forever ( has it been that long since Feb?)
With all of the holidays fast approaching, the next month will pass quickly. Enjoy the weekend.

;) yep..what ;)she said..

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Welcome, new folks!

Making progress down my "to do" list. Atlanta, for all it's a hub and a huge airport, seems to be one of those places where "you can't get there from here" to Barcelona. After trying probably a dozen different scenarios, we ended up with a ticket - Atlanta ->Charlotte->Dulles-> Iceland -> 2 days in Iceland then ->Barcelona. Under $700 each. I am satisfied. We don't fly enough to earn miles.

Acquired a hotel in Reykyvik, and a plan for two tours on the days we are there - Blue Lagoon and whale watching.

We'll be in Barca a week before the cruise, so I found a tiny apartment on VBRO, only a couple blocks of Placa Catalunya.

Is the group doing the Hard Rock Cafe meet this time?

Happy Sunday, everyone!

With everyone posting about their ticket finds, I have to ask.
I have been looking, figuring out ways to meet up with my father on the east coast somewhere and fly to BCN together. My Dad and niece are coming from Dulles, us from SFO.
Then last week my sister threw in the wrench. She suggested she may fly to BCN and have a vacation with us before the cruise, as she can't get the time or money to cruise. If she does this, Dniece would probably travel with her, leaving my father to travel alone? Or spend the week in Barcelona with her???

It is now all up in the air!!
I can only hope flight prices aren't too much different in the spring.

I have been looking, figuring out ways to meet up with my father on the east coast somewhere and fly to BCN together. My Dad and niece are coming from Dulles, us from SFO.
Then last week my sister threw in the wrench. She suggested she may fly to BCN and have a vacation with us before the cruise, as she can't get the time or money to cruise. If she does this, Dniece would probably travel with her, leaving my father to travel alone? Or spend the week in Barcelona with her???

I have to wait, don't have that much extra right now. I'm just hoping they don't skyrocket next year. If they do I'll have to consider canceling which of course I don't want to even think about.

I've been looking since the mileage fares became available a few weeks ago. But I haven't pulled the trigger yet, because when we came back from BCN on the EBTA in May, I only used 30,000 miles pp. For the reverse (HNL-BCN) the price is now 60,000. I just feel ripped off haha. But I will probably purchase them soon, because I just want it done. We are paying cash for SJU-MCO then MCO-HNL.

We're not planning on buying ours until after the 1st of the year. This worked for us well last time. We were able to get nonstop from LAX to BCN for $400 each. Now, I know it won't be that good again but I have a feeling it'll still be better than it is now.

We are not planning yet. Had to ask the hollydays at work (can after jan 1) and we had to decide what we do after the cruise. Stay 1 or 2 days in San Juan and then go to New York and stay there a couple of days, or....
We know we will go at least 1 day (perhaps 2) before cruise to Barcelona. Have the meet at Hard Rock Cafe.
So no your not alone with no tickets yet.

I bought tickets / booked ressies only because I want to pace my purchases. I still have the Southern Caribbean cruise following this one to pay for, and my return tickets from San Juan. (Also, patience isn't one of my strengths.)

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. With starting nursing school and our trip to WDW at Christmas this cruise has had to go on the back burner for awhile. Hope everyone is well.
Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter