The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to both of you! I do know that they will cancel the return leg if you don't show up for the first (TeamH5 you must've done this a long time ago).

The miles prices to/from BCN aren't as cheap as they were for the EBTA, so we are trying to decide whether to pay for the HNL-BCN portion for me and DH to get more miles and try to make the next level or to use miles for all of us on that one and pay for the SJU-IAD-HNL for the four of us.

HNL-BCN one way is $3508 (not joking!) RT is like $1770. Yeah. But I'm sketched out that they will penalize us somehow with missing the return. Not sure how, but I'm scared.

Yea 10 years ago or so... if they were doing it then they looked the other way for me and rebooked. That's possible as back then several merchants still bent over backwards to offer deals/rewards to those returning from deployments.

Most hotels in Spain will not fit 4 people in one room. We are stuck with two rooms per DCL cabin, so 6 hotel rooms!! I have no idea if we can get adjoining rooms either.

I looked at the airfare from ny to Florence for our pre-cruise and freaked out. If they stay too high, I can't afford to do that and will have to cancel the Italy accommodations. Not happy!!

Boooo!!! I hope you don't have to cancel! I absolutely love Firenze! I lived there for three months as part of my undergrad. An amazing place.

Yea 10 years ago or so... if they were doing it then they looked the other way for me and rebooked. That's possible as back then several merchants still bent over backwards to offer deals/rewards to those returning from deployments.

Bummer that they still don't give people that courtesy, especially those coming home from deployment. I'm just going to wait a bit now and see what happens. The miles are 60,000 now (which is a lot to me). I'll book the SJU-IAD-HNL part in a couple weeks, then revisit. But I'm sure I'll keep looking everyday haha.

Just booked my flight today. It's getting more real!

This is going to be a trip of a lifetime. What was going to be just the WBTA has turned into: London, Paris and Barcelona! (and maybe a bit in San Juan after the cruise)

Don't know if it helps anyone but Easyjet have just released their Summer 2014 flights - reasonable prices for London to Barcelona leg if anyone is looking for this:thumbsup2

Don't know if it helps anyone but Easyjet have just released their Summer 2014 flights - reasonable prices for London to Barcelona leg if anyone is looking for this:thumbsup2

Darn they don't have Adana at all and Istanbul only goes to UK and one other place (not BCN). :(

Lol oh well we'll stick with mil air and if that falls through see if we can get a last minute deal on Turkish airlines.

I just used my miles to confirm first class airfare from LAX to BCN for a total of $5.00 but I will have to wait to book my return flight since those dates are not available yet. :woohoo:

I just used my miles to confirm first class airfare from LAX to BCN for a total of $5.00 but I will have to wait to book my return flight since those dates are not available yet. :woohoo:

So jealous!!! I would have enough if only DH and me, but unfortunately, I also have to book four more people haha. I will be thinking about you while we are squished in back!

Booked our flights down to Barcelona last night. Was going to fly in on the Saturday but decided last minute to fly Friday instead. Price was OK £60($96)+ £20($32) luggage & prebook seating.

Now need a hotel for the Friday night, mixed thoughts about staying there, a great city we have been to before but the crime is ridiculous, 2 of my customers in the past 12 months have been pickpocketed there plus another someone tried stealing her hadbag while eating a meal.

Anyway more cruise planning will have to wait a couple of weeks now, just leaving for the airport for another trip to Orlando:goodvibes

We are thinking of going to Madrid prior to the cruise. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations in Madrid? The flights to Barcelona from Madrid are running $98 and will be booking the flight from Washington DC to Madrid with miles.

. . . The flights to Barcelona from Madrid are running $98 and will be booking the flight from Washington DC to Madrid with miles.
When we visited Madrid, we took the high speed AVE train between Madrid and Barcelona. When you consider having to arrive at the airport early, the train took less time overall than flying.

Woody

When we visited Madrid, we took the high speed AVE train between Madrid and Barcelona. When you consider having to arrive at the airport early, the train took less time overall than flying.

Woody

Thank you. Looks like a much better option.

Woody

We're doing this, only starting in Seville, then Madrid then to Barcelona. Not bad for prices either plus we get to see the countryside. :)

Waiting for hotel recommendations as well. :)

We are thinking of going to Madrid prior to the cruise. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations in Madrid? The flights to Barcelona from Madrid are running $98 and will be booking the flight from Washington DC to Madrid with miles.

My favorite Madrid hotel is Meliá Castilla.

When we stayed in Seville, we especially enjoyed a Flamenco performance, and the tapas.

Woody

We're still trying to figure out if we should fly into Madrid pre-cruise after our time elsewhere in Europe. I like that you mentioned the train, Woody! We still want a night or two in Barcelona, and a stop by the hospital to see the mural we painted on EBTA, but Madrid and surrounding areas is on our list.....

Why does my list continue to get longer... not shorter... after each trip? :confused3:rotfl2::scratchin

Woody

Our layover (1.5 hrs) will be in Madrid. Anything of great interest at the aiport? :rotfl: How long is the high speed train from Madrid to Barcelona?

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Our layover (1.5 hrs) will be in Madrid. Anything of great interest at the aiport? :rotfl: How long is the high speed train from Madrid to Barcelona?

~$60 and under 2 hours sound right? But more than I'd want to do, I think, tired and with luggage.

I remember last time I flew to Spain. By the time we hit Frankfurt, all I wanted was coffee and a bed! Don't even remember take off, slept all the way to Barca. Scenery would have been wasted on me:rotfl2: .

Ok I have a question about the adult only areas. Specifically the adult entertainers that perform.

Would we be asked to leave if we brought our 4 month old infant with to a show? We wouldnt be drinking or anything but would like to both be able to enjoy the show and it would be late enough at night that either flounders might not be open(not sure what their hours are) and that the baby would be asleep anyways, happily so in his/her sling. Lol and I'm one that HATES crying babies in movies and such so rest assured if there was an issue I'd be the first to take the baby out so we didn't disturb the rest of the crowd.

Of course the Oder ones would be at the clubs just curious what the flexibility is with young infants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter