The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For airfare we decided to let DCL book it this time. The price they quoted us was cheaper then what I was finding online.

We did, too. I was happy with what they quoted us.

Lilpooh, ours was $1330 per person, from Iowa to Barcelona, San Juan to Iowa. I was afraid it would be more than that just to get to Barcelona. The Hilton, on the other hand is crazy expensive.

Ours was around the same price Atlanta to Barcelona and San Juan to Atlanta. Not at home right now I will check the exact price and post it later.

We did, too. I was happy with what they quoted us.

Lilpooh, ours was $1330 per person, from Iowa to Barcelona, San Juan to Iowa. I was afraid it would be more than that just to get to Barcelona. The Hilton, on the other hand is crazy expensive.

Wow, actually that's not too bad.

Ours was around the same price Atlanta to Barcelona and San Juan to Atlanta. Not at home right now I will check the exact price and post it later.

Would appreciate it, thanks!

Whoa those are some good prices!!! Wish I could say the same about our fares.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

we are wondering about Turkish air too. Reviews on line are not very good.

Turkish air is incredible. My husband flew them to come visit us last christmas and will use them again this christmas (we're stationed in Turkey). a bunch of my co-workers have flown TA and have rave reviews about them. They offer full meals even on very short flights (DH's from Istanbul to Adana was only a 2 hour flight). and from what they've said their customer service is good.

the only caveat to that is if you're on a flight with a bunch of Turks.. Lol depending what their social stature is, they may or may not care much about personal hygiene, which can lead to a pretty ehhh, smelly flight. Most in the business class are pretty adept to wearing cologne and/or deodarant at least.

I would be booking on them, but I think we're going to opt to fly Space-A on a military plane into Seville (Rota) and then train it across the country first to Madrid then to Barcelona the week prior to the cruise..

Thank you for the detailed account. So you have not had any safety concerns with Turkish? Honestly, some people in the US choose to stink up a plane, so that can be worked around.

Thanks for serving!

Our son is in the Navy, rescue swimmer in San Diego right now.

Turkish air is incredible. My husband flew them to come visit us last christmas and will use them again this christmas (we're stationed in Turkey). a bunch of my co-workers have flown TA and have rave reviews about them. They offer full meals even on very short flights (DH's from Istanbul to Adana was only a 2 hour flight). and from what they've said their customer service is good.

the only caveat to that is if you're on a flight with a bunch of Turks.. Lol depending what their social stature is, they may or may not care much about personal hygiene, which can lead to a pretty ehhh, smelly flight. Most in the business class are pretty adept to wearing cologne and/or deodarant at least.

I would be booking on them, but I think we're going to opt to fly Space-A on a military plane into Seville (Rota) and then train it across the country first to Madrid then to Barcelona the week prior to the cruise..

Honestly, some people in the US choose to stink up a plane, .

We did Alaska in 2011 with extended family, including our then 11 mo DGS. I overheard two men talking as we exited the plane. One was saying he had been worried when he saw he was seated near the baby but the problem actually was the BO from the adult man seated next to him. :rotfl:

Thank you for the detailed account. So you have not had any safety concerns with Turkish? Honestly, some people in the US choose to stink up a plane, so that can be worked around.

Thanks for serving!

Our son is in the Navy, rescue swimmer in San Diego right now.

I've never personally flew on their airline, but nobody has ever mentioned any safety concerns whatsoever when they mention their flight over to here. Also, if you book them the whole way from the states to Barcelona, chances are you'll take Delta from the states to one of their hubs(either London heathrow or Istanbul) the. Transfer to Turkish air from there.

Okay so I literally check airfares daily. And now, all of a sudden, the flights on 9/2 are at "super saver" rate, but every other date is at "standard" rate??? I think my brain is going to implode. We are trying to fly out on 9/1. I am hopeful that the rates will appear at the super discounted rate again, but it is just lame how they mess with us this way!

I've got us booked down to BCN (arriving day of - not my preferred choice, but we're doing this on a budget and I don't have Friday off), MIL from San Juan -> Frankfurt -> London... so just remains to get myself and DW from San Juan -> MCO and then MCO -> London. Hoping to get that last leg cash+miles from BA, but we'll see.

Hi there,

I managed to booked my wife's flight home from the WBTA having first spent the weekend in WDW on avios points and taxes of £157, which I thought was quite reasonable, good way of doing one way trips. I myself have not booked a flight home as I am looking at an extended vacation in the States. She wont be happy when I drop her at the terminal that day:crazy2: I could of course just book another cruise from PC, that would take some explaining.

Its her birthday today so maybe not the day to broach the subject.:rotfl2:

I've got us booked down to BCN (arriving day of - not my preferred choice, but we're doing this on a budget and I don't have Friday off), MIL from San Juan -> Frankfurt -> London... so just remains to get myself and DW from San Juan -> MCO and then MCO -> London. Hoping to get that last leg cash+miles from BA, but we'll see.

I have booked yesterday that we fly from San Juan to Frankfurt - Edinburgh on the day after cruise but we have day times at San Juan as flight will be around tea times so mil want me to booked it so I found good reasonable prices. and I wish I stay longer at states but unfortunately that my husband and kids don't have enough times off :scared:

Has anyone converted their onboard booking to DVC points? I am not very impressed with that conversion - and found out you cannot book airfare through DVC - if you book cruise through DVC, DCL will not allow you to book airfare through them. This is screwed up.

To transfer to DVC points we basically cancel our reservation and rebook, no guarentee to keep room - its nuts.

Also asked about Adventures by Disney pre cruise four day Barcelona tour. This is not available for this repositioning cruise.

Hotel quote from DCL for the Marriott Ren. Barcelona was insane. $1,317.00 for three nights but its quoting us 255.00 Euro on line.

OK, honestly, the DVC thing really has me upset.

Has anyone converted their onboard booking to DVC points? I am not very impressed with that conversion - and found out you cannot book airfare through DVC - if you book cruise through DVC, DCL will not allow you to book airfare through them. This is screwed up.

To transfer to DVC points we basically cancel our reservation and rebook, no guarentee to keep room - its nuts.

Also asked about Adventures by Disney pre cruise four day Barcelona tour. This is not available for this repositioning cruise.

Hotel quote from DCL for the Marriott Ren. Barcelona was insane. $1,317.00 for three nights but its quoting us 255.00 Euro on line.

We've done it before with some extra developer points we had. It's really not the best use of points but in our case it worked out pretty well. However, we ended up just renting out next year's points to pay for our 2014 cruises! Way better exchange for our money! They paid for both cruises cash and then some.

I know they offer a break on DVC points for DCL cruises if you book on board but it has to be changed over to DVC within 3 days of the cruise you booked on. Plus, you have to pay the $95 transfer fee. Kind of a pain in the butt. Way better to just pay cash.

I've done two cruises through DVC and they worked out very nicely, but when I looked at the points for this cruise it didn't work out as well. The other ones were for the Dream and Fantasy and I saved quite a bit using points.

That's crazy about the hotel quote.

Umm.... so I guess the Marriott is out for us in Barcelona!!:rotfl2: When I just went to look, they don't offer 2 Queen beds in a room, which is normally how we go. 1 for DH and I and 1 for the kids to share. NONE of us are going to be able to share a twin bed!:rotfl:

But yea I was able to find $234/night Euro for that same hotel. I dunno where Disney is getting their prices from. :eek:

Any other suggestions for decent hotels in Barcelona that will accommodate a family such as ours? We really can't do 2 rooms as young as they are but would consider adjoining rooms if necessary (As we are doing for the cruise)

Hey, question about the FE groups. Are we planning on doing FE gifts every day of the cruise? Just wondering as I thought I'd start collecting little things here and there and wanted to make sure I have enough to last the entire time just in case! Lol

Also, can we ship boxes to ourselves on the ship in Barcelona? I know we can if we leave from Orlando, not sure about Int'l ports though. And, one more quick question on that.. Lol We're in Turkey with the military. Anyone have any suggestions on sending the box that would NOT route it through NY first? I want to avoid sending it across the ocean TWICE. haha I know there's some prior military on here not sure if y'all might know??? Seeing that all our mail is APO, it's based out of NY so all of the mail we send sorts through there first before going to final destination..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter