• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Magic is Back - Share your Experience! Superthread

Wow...those hours sound great. I’m assuming that means they’ll definitely have higher capacity then, so I wonder what things will look like.

I saw that there has been pin trading on boards only in WDW. OP said no pin trading at DL/DCA? Does that mean no boards even at the resorts and shops? That would be really sad.

I saw that there has been pin trading on boards only in WDW. OP said no pin trading at DL/DCA? Does that mean no boards even at the resorts and shops? That would be really sad.
I'm at the parks right now and haven't seen them anywhere. I miss it for sure.

Just a quick update...the crowds in walkways is soooo much better today than the past 2 days, unless I'm having incredible luck with the crowd flows. Also, there are a lot more CMs in the busy areas, which is really great to see. I hope this means good things for everyone with upcoming trips.

We just booked our visit for mid-July. While things are supposedly completely opened up by then, I trust that DL will also start opening things up on their end as well, one can only hope.
What does “completely opened up by then” mean? I’m going late July and really don’t know what to expect.

What does “completely opened up by then” mean? I’m going late July and really don’t know what to expect.

Effective June 15th the Governor is removing all restrictions for the state with maybe some exceptions for guidance for large indoor gatherings. That means no capacity limits, face mask rules, etc. At this time no one knows what this will mean for WDW as they have not announced their intentions with these changes. Just be prepared for parks with higher capacity than your seeing today.

Waiting until the time extended was worth it.

Frankly wasn't that bad today. I was worried with people saying it would be packed, but that was not packed. Not at all by my standards. Couple lands looked crowded in a few spots due to queues, but I found it more than tolerable and easy to navigate.

I took an easy approach to the day and I'm glad I did. My BFF's uncle even joined us for a little bit which was a delight to spend some time with him after more than a year since I last saw him.

I'll share more later. Have another day tomorrow. I just needed to share this image.

View attachment 576964

Frankly wasn't that bad today. I was worried with people saying it would be packed, but that was not packed. Not at all by my standards. Couple lands looked crowded in a few spots due to queues, but I found it more than tolerable and easy to navigate.

I took an easy approach to the day and I'm glad I did. My BFF's uncle even joined us for a little bit which was a delight to spend some time with him after more than a year since I last saw him.

I'll share more later. Have another day tomorrow. I just needed to share this image.
Yes, it was a definite improvement just in time for your trip!

View attachment 576964

ahhh can’t wait til tomorrow y’all!

I wonder if the better crowds track the cost of ticket, I think today was a tier 5 day? The tier 2 days sold out the fastest when dates opened up.

Today was a sold out day for all ticket types including the hotels. They had suits out helping with mobile orders, Peter Pan and Snow White lines, and just in general keeping the crowds going in the right directions. It was fun seeing it all over the place, because they should experience what the regular CMs go through all the time.

I think the people who visited DLR during the first few days of reopening were the lucky ones. They experienced the low crowds. Now, Disneyland feels as crowded as before. Maybe Disney 35% of capacity has always felt crowded at DL

I think the people who visited DLR during the first few days of reopening were the lucky ones. They experienced the low crowds. Now, Disneyland feels as crowded as before. Maybe Disney 35% of capacity has always felt crowded at DL

I think that after the last year of Covid closures that it would take a little bit longer before we go back to complaining about crowds at disneyland. That we would just be happy that things are opening up again and we get to enjoy them.

I had mentally prepared myself for NYE pre-"the end of Premium" :rotfl:. So my definition of "crowded" is probably a lot different than some others.

That would have been a good day to be there in the before times from my experience. But I think a key thing is to also be willing to adapt and not be too attached to one idea of how the day should go. It helps so much regardless of other factors.

I think that after the last year of Covid closures that it would take a little bit longer before we go back to complaining about crowds at disneyland. That we would just be happy that things are opening up again and we get to enjoy them.
I thought this was a thread to post your personal experiences. For me, it was crowded. Sorry, but that's the reality.

But I think a key thing is to also be willing to adapt and not be too attached to one idea of how the day should go. It helps so much regardless of other factors.
This is always true of any Disney day!

Also true of life in general. 😆

I also appreciate ALL the reports. It really helps to get a range of thoughts and perceptions and experiences. My daughter and I are headed back on Thursday, and it’s clear that a lot has changed since we were there April 30!

Let me start with.....we had a great day! Seeing all those Facebook posts and experiences here really had me nervous but while it wasn’t “empty” and lines LOOK sooooooo long, everything moves quickly and our longest wait was about 30 minutes. Which when you are moving almost constantly, is doable!
Parking- we tried for Anaheim hotel at 0730 and it was full. Found one of the first spots on the first level at garden walk and was in line on the harbor side by 7:40ish. The lines are daunting. The amount of people in that area was overwhelming especially after the fact that we have all been a bit sheltered during the pandemic. BUT holy cow can Disney move people. The lines were zigzagged all the way through the whole corridor. We were pretty much right in the middle. Got there at 7:40iah. Line started moving at 8ish. Through security by about 8:15 through the gates of DCA by about 8:30.
DCA- headed straight to RSR and waited about 20 minutes. Off the ride around 9ish. The wait at that point was 120 per the app but I bet it was more like 60 minutes. They really inflate wait times.
Did incredicoaster and the swing wheel of death pretty much walk on. At this point we were starving and none of the food carts were open. They opened the churro carts at 1200!
Advice tip #1 bring snacks for the morning. We didn’t want to bring a bag so we didn’t have anything to eat
We did goofys, it said 30 minute wait and was more like 15. Mobile ordered at Cozy cone and then took a long break.
Advice tip #2 mobile order EARLY. Have an idea of where you will be later and order main meals at least two to three hours advance. This can be difficult because you also have to be flexible with rides as they can balloon quickly! But then shrink quickly as well. Snacks were a little easier. We booked most of our snacks while in lien and then headed there right after the ride. Worked well. Make “I am here” and you are walking over. Not when you get there.
So at this point it was 11 and I was feeling discouraged, the line for Monsters was 60minutes. I wanted to go to Disneyland but we had two hours until we could hop. Husband and kid did GOTG and I shopped a bit.Ate at Award Wieners.
Tip 3- menus are much smaller , look at them ahead of time. Also dont Eat at smoke jumpers , the amount of people over there at lunch time was insane.
Finally headed to Disneyland. We all cried , it was very emotional. Disneyland was a totally different story. We had so much fun and did every ride we wanted except HM and that’s really just because we ran out of time. We rode rides until 9pm exactly and the rides were all walk on from about 7:30 on.
This has gotten too long so I’ll stop here but feel feee to ask questions
One last tip....know your rides. Know which ones are slow loaders and which ones eat people to determine if a line is really long or just looks long

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter