The Magic is Back - Share your Experience! Superthread

How is it today, with the new masking and social distancing guidance?

Ive found a few random people livestreaming on youtube and it looks like all the rides I have seen so far they are filling every row and I would say about 75% adults appear to not be wearing masks (at least outdoors).

Other info I have seen on ig:
Pin trading is back! Limit is 2 trades per guest per board

Hondo pre show is back at MFSR

Breakfast Ronto wrap is back. Yay more breakfast options!

My youngest daughter will be thrilled to hear about pin trading being back! I think I'm most excited to hear that pre-shows are coming back. Hurray for all those little magical extras!!!

Wow, this thread kinda dropped off!! 😂🤣.

would love to hear any new experiences, especially rope drop from the harbor side. We’ve got 3 more weeks until our trip and I am so excited!

I saw this morning about 30 minutes after official opening that several rides had a star instead of a wait time. Clicking didn’t indicate they were closed, so wondering if all those rides were walk on for awhile? I did notice some of the mountains were 30+ minutes, so I know people were there, lol

Wow, this thread kinda dropped off!! 😂🤣.

would love to hear any new experiences, especially rope drop from the harbor side. We’ve got 3 more weeks until our trip and I am so excited!

I saw this morning about 30 minutes after official opening that several rides had a star instead of a wait time. Clicking didn’t indicate they were closed, so wondering if all those rides were walk on for awhile? I did notice some of the mountains were 30+ minutes, so I know people were there, lol
Harbor side is not a problem anymore.

Just curious what the security checkpoint is like these days and how much or what they are checking. Are you required to open and empty your bags? Are they checking your strollers, etc?

Just curious what the security checkpoint is like these days and how much or what they are checking. Are you required to open and empty your bags? Are they checking your strollers, etc?

On the harbor side it was the same as before they closed, check bags and strollers. They have not gone high tech like disney world.

Lockers at GRR are still not available. Kinda bummed about that because we would have ridden had they been open. Luckily we got in a ride in our swimsuits (yay for staying at GCH) earlier in our trip, but the kids really wanted to do it again before we headed home Monday.

I wonder why they don't have these open? Seems odd.

Lockers at GRR are still not available. Kinda bummed about that because we would have ridden had they been open. Luckily we got in a ride in our swimsuits (yay for staying at GCH) earlier in our trip, but the kids really wanted to do it again before we headed home Monday.

I wonder why they don't have these open? Seems odd.
Is this a ride that will soak your clothes? Or just one you prefer having swim wear on for?

Is this a ride that will soak your clothes? Or just one you prefer having swim wear on for?

We got off and my son and I looked like we had literally jumped into the pool. We got hit by the geyser at the end. Our swimwear was drenched and clinging to us. Board shorts were dripping. We left the park and jumped into the Redwood pool at GCH. My other son was just barely wet on his sleeve and shoulder. It's a gamble, but one I won't make if I am not either in a swimsuit or heading back home immediately afterwards. And absolutely do NOT ride this with sneakers on. Wear sandals or flip flops.

It soaks your clothes. You get more wet on GRR than Splash in my experience. Especially in the summer when the geyers are on. Whenever I ride it in summer I wish I had a bathing suit on :)
Haha good to know. We're staying right across the street, so guess we'll plan to do this right before we leave for a break or come back wearing the swim wear. Lol. Thanks for the info!

My wife got a little soaked on Frozen Ever After at WDW and about flipped on me for not telling her she'd get wet. I didn't know tho! So at least we'll be prepared for this one.

You can also throw a cheap poncho on before you ride GRR or Splash and throw it away after. That's worked for us in the past. I would just put my purse or Loungefly in a plastic bag (usually had a Disney one) to keep it dry. I feel like we always got way more soaked on Splash tho.... like drenched.

You can also throw a cheap poncho on before you ride GRR or Splash and throw it away after. That's worked for us in the past. I would just put my purse or Loungefly in a plastic bag (usually had a Disney one) to keep it dry. I feel like we always got way more soaked on Splash tho.... like drenched.

That's what we are planning to do. Bought a whole bunch of disposable cheap poncho's from Walmart for like 55 cents each. Planning to wear them once each during Splash, GRR and Jurassic World once we're at Universal.

That's what we are planning to do. Bought a whole bunch of disposable cheap poncho's from Walmart for like 55 cents each. Planning to wear them once each during Splash, GRR and Jurassic World once we're at Universal.

Saw some people attempt to use these last weekend and they still came off soaked. They are too flimsy to stand up to "the geyser." Seriously, that geyser is like someone standing above you with a 10 gallon bucket and dumping it right on your head. Try that at home with a disposable poncho and see how well it works. I mean, it's probably better than nothing, but it will not keep you dry if you are in the unfortunate seats.

It soaks your clothes. You get more wet on GRR than Splash in my experience. Especially in the summer when the geyers are on. Whenever I ride it in summer I wish I had a bathing suit on :)
I used to think this was true always, but on this past trip, we got stuck in the first 2 seats on Splash at the beginning of the day, and when we got off, it was like I had jumped in a pool. (I was in the front seat.) The next day, we did GRR and got far less wet. But we didn't get the geyser, so we were lucky!

I've never tried the poncho method, but I wore exercise type shorts (quick drying) and I changed into cheapie flip flops and stuck my sneakers and socks in my backpack before going through the line for both rides. My feet blister very easily and I cannot walk around in wet shoes and/or socks and expect to make it through the whole day. I was wet for awhile, but it worked ok.

First time visitor coming next month. What time should we plan to be at security for a 8am Disneyland park opening. We are routine rope droppers at Disney world

thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter