The Jan/Feb/Mar 2007 Pirate & Princess Party thread!

When are you going to the Pirate & Princess Party?

• Jan. 22

• Jan. 26

• Jan. 29

• Feb. 1

• Feb. 5

• Feb. 8

• Feb. 12

• Feb. 15

• Feb. 23

• Feb. 26

• Mar. 2

• Mar. 5

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just curious...how do you all think the crowds will be on Friday 2-23-07 for the P&P party? We can only go on 2-23 or 3-2 and we are thinking that the 23rd will be less busy than 3-2 due to it being the last Friday of the party? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Becky:)

We went to the party this past Thursday, February 8th! We all had an amazing time, even my little 16 yr. old brother who thought he was "too old". He shut up about it after we got there, though.:lmao:

We were worried tickets would be sold out since we were late checking in at Fort Wilderness and then it took forever for us to get to the Magic Kingdom. But we made it there, got our treasure bags, grabbed some dinner, and enjoyed the empty park.:cool1: We literally walked right on to every ride we wanted to go on. The treasure spots, we didn't more than a minute. The only line we had to wait in that night was for the Captain Jack Sparrow :love: Meet and Greet. We timed that right though, because we only had to wait about 20 minutes.

Overall, I loved the party!! I hope I can make it to another one.

We went to the party this past Thursday, February 8th! We all had an amazing time, even my little 16 yr. old brother who thought he was "too old". He shut up about it after we got there, though.:lmao:

We were worried tickets would be sold out since we were late checking in at Fort Wilderness and then it took forever for us to get to the Magic Kingdom. But we made it there, got our treasure bags, grabbed some dinner, and enjoyed the empty park.:cool1: We literally walked right on to every ride we wanted to go on. The treasure spots, we didn't more than a minute. The only line we had to wait in that night was for the Captain Jack Sparrow :love: Meet and Greet. We timed that right though, because we only had to wait about 20 minutes.

Overall, I loved the party!! I hope I can make it to another one.

so there is a captain jack meet and greet?
i've seen some people's pics w/ him but i noticed that on the P&PP events sheet it didn't say anything about a CJS meet and greet so I was getting worried...

Yeah, there was no information about it on any of the maps. We walked all over the place trying to find where he was doing the M&G. Finally, we asked a CM and she didn't know anything about it, so she was nice enough to call someone for us to find out some info. He is inside some place that is across from the Swiss Family Treehouse and there is a little sign out front that says Captain Jack M&G

Yeah, there was no information about it on any of the maps. We walked all over the place trying to find where he was doing the M&G. Finally, we asked a CM and she didn't know anything about it, so she was nice enough to call someone for us to find out some info. He is inside some place that is across from the Swiss Family Treehouse and there is a little sign out front that says Captain Jack M&G

alright, thank you very much.
I think I have an idea where you are talking about.
I'll just have to keep an eye open for him, but most likely he'll be in Adventureland because I can't see CJS in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland.
:rotfl:

We went to the Feb. 8th P&P party and we had a great time. It was soooo much fun. It was a truely magical night. The parade and fireworks were really cool. We walked on to everything and it was a beautiful night. The Pirates of the Carb. was great I loved hoew they fixed it up. My kids ages 5 and 7 loved it. Anyone that plans to go will have a great time.
Tara

Does anyone know if there is a time they don't let you into the park? I have Le Cellier ADRs @ 7:30 and plan on going to the party after that. I suspect I will be there after 9:00.

We got to the party late. We were flying in that afternoon and everything took longer than I wanted. So, after dinner at POP we headed to the party. (We had dinner first, because some reported food was hard to find.)

I'm glad we got there later. We walked right in, and three cm's were ready to hand us our treasure bags before we walked the red carpet. It wasn't crowded getting in at all. We went right down main street and got our spot for the parade.

The atmosphere was exciting. Music and lights. I'll say it again, it was the best money spent. The park emptied after the fireworks and there were no lines for rides or treasures. We accomplished so very much. The rest of our trip, when we were standing in lines I kept thinking of that party and wishing I could have the parks to myself everynight!

I totally agree! We went on 2/1, and went over to see the princesses. Even at 11:45pm we waited in a pretty long line! My kids loved the parade, the show and the fireworks. They also loved just walking on the rides!

They really liked Ariel's dance party, too. They wanted to stay longer, but we had to move along.

I was sad to see that not many families dressed up that night. I saw a lot of kids and a lot of Dads, but not whole families. We all dressed up and some people thought my husband worked at the park! :laughing:

Is your husband a big guy? Was he a pirate wearing a bandana on his head? I thought there was alot of people dressed up at the Feb 1 party. I wore my $4 POTC t-shirt I bought at the Disney store at the mall and I bought a light up tiara at the party and wore it.

I attended the Feb 1st party solo. It was the warmest day of my trip so I was very comfortable in just my t-shirt and jeans. I wore a POTC t-shirtpirate: that I bought at the Disney store at the mall for $4. I entered at 5 and got my wrist band. I walked to POTC shop and looked for a hat or something but did not find anything. I ended up getting a light-up princess tiaraprincess: in another shop and wore it the rest of the night. I headed over to Ray's for a wrap from the salad/sandwich section. It was 6pm and it was already shut down. I ended up getting roasted chicken. As I was eating it I decided it wasn't what I wanted so I would have to get a snack later. I slowly walked around and found a spot for Wishes. After wishes I walked over the bridge into Adventure Land and saw a line for Jack Sparrow with only 10-15 people in it so I decided to join the line. I was behind a small group that had some former CMs in it and one of them was currently a CM at Disneyland. I enjoyed listening to their conversations. I wasn't trying to evesdrop but it was impossible not to hear them.:confused3 The wait was no more than 20 min. The CM playing Jack Sparrow was about as right on as anyone could get in physical appearance, body movements and voice. Wow.:thumbsup2 The only rides that I went on Liberty Boat, Transit Authority and Philharmagic. The rest of the night was just walking around, getting my treasures and taking in the atmosphere. There were so many people dressed up. Tons of cute little pirtates, princesses and even princeses. All just so cute.:cutie: I enjoyed the parade and the fireworks were awesome. I liked the way they silhouetted shapes of stuff like skull and cross bones or a sword, onto the walkway along Frontierland and Liberty Square. Low, low crowds during the party.
A tip. I noticed that as the night went on that the gold lettering on my treasure bag was wearing off so I asked for another (for my Disney shelf at home). I had to say the magic word, Arrrrgh, to get it. Don't hesitate to ask for an extra bag.
I give the P&P party :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I attended the Feb 1st party solo. It was the warmest day of my trip so I was very comfortable in just my t-shirt and jeans. I wore a POTC t-shirtpirate: that I bought at the Disney store at the mall for $4. I entered at 5 and got my wrist band. I walked to POTC shop and looked for a hat or something but did not find anything. I ended up getting a light-up princess tiaraprincess: in another shop and wore it the rest of the night. I headed over to Ray's for a wrap from the salad/sandwich section. It was 6pm and it was already shut down. I ended up getting roasted chicken. As I was eating it I decided it wasn't what I wanted so I would have to get a snack later. I slowly walked around and found a spot for Wishes. After wishes I walked over the bridge into Adventure Land and saw a line for Jack Sparrow with only 10-15 people in it so I decided to join the line. I was behind a small group that had some former CMs in it and one of them was currently a CM at Disneyland. I enjoyed listening to their conversations. I wasn't trying to evesdrop but it was impossible not to hear them.:confused3 The wait was no more than 20 min. The CM playing Jack Sparrow was about as right on as anyone could get in physical appearance, body movements and voice. Wow.:thumbsup2 The only rides that I went on Liberty Boat, Transit Authority and Philharmagic. The rest of the night was just walking around, getting my treasures and taking in the atmosphere. There were so many people dressed up. Tons of cute little pirtates, princesses and even princeses. All just so cute.:cutie: I enjoyed the parade and the fireworks were awesome. I liked the way they silhouetted shapes of stuff like skull and cross bones or a sword, onto the walkway along Frontierland and Liberty Square. Low, low crowds during the party.
A tip. I noticed that as the night went on that the gold lettering on my treasure bag was wearing off so I asked for another (for my Disney shelf at home). I had to say the magic word, Arrrrgh, to get it. Don't hesitate to ask for an extra bag.
I give the P&P party :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Thanks for the report, and the tip about the bag! Arrg! pirate: :teeth:

Thanks for the report Maine-iac, I am going solo to the party also soon.:cool1:

We won't be dressing up in P&P garb, but if you are there on 2/26 look for the family of three wearing matching Boise State tostitos bowl hoodies! (or if warm tostitos bowl champion t-shirts!) and say "hey"!

We went last week (I have photos on my site, only until March 8th - then they come down). It was fun, with short lines and the fireworks were second only to the Halloween Party fireworks (for me, anyway!) We live in the Orlando area, and actually enjoy the hard ticket events so we can stay late with fewer crowds. :)

The Captain Jack line was very long, that was the only character I had any interest in.

Is your husband a big guy? Was he a pirate wearing a bandana on his head? I thought there was alot of people dressed up at the Feb 1 party. I wore my $4 POTC t-shirt I bought at the Disney store at the mall and I bought a light up tiara at the party and wore it.

No, he was in a Jack Sparrow costume. He had me even put on the makeup! I had on a Belle dress, my girls were Cinderella and Ariel, and my son was also Captain Jack!

It was a fun night, I'd do it again!

We went last week (I have photos on my site, only until March 8th - then they come down). It was fun, with short lines and the fireworks were second only to the Halloween Party fireworks (for me, anyway!) We live in the Orlando area, and actually enjoy the hard ticket events so we can stay late with fewer crowds. :)

The Captain Jack line was very long, that was the only character I had any interest in.

Your pix are great, thanks! :) I can't wait to see those fireworks!

Hi Becky,

We were at the P&P party on Friday 2/23. We arrived at 3:50 pm along with many other families.

At exactly 4 pm they,they let us go thru, once thru, they put the wrist bracelets on us, gave us a map and a treasure bags. There had to be about 100 people entering at 4 pm for the P&P party.

Yes, you can enter at 4pm (no earlier) unless you have your magic Kingdom ticket for that day.

We really had a great time. Everything was just perfect.

Have fun

Patricia

Awsome thanks so much put my dh's mind at rest, he was all set to wake up and call to be sure and i just knew knowing my luck he'd get someone that didn't know and they'd just say 'oh if the tick says 7 then that's how it is', and then he'd be stubern and not go any to early... but after reading this he's all ready to head out of our resort about 3:30! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter