• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The iPhone Collective

Thanks for the recommendation of Bejeweled, wow that thing is addictive!!

:goodvibes

It is!!

I used to play Chuzzle on my Treo, but there's not a version for iPhone. I miss those little fuzzballs. :guilty:

Bejeweled is the next best thing.

I don't have the Iphone, but I have the Ipod Touch, I can't justify the phone yet, especially since work pays for my cell and unfortunately it is on Sprint :(

Some of the apps I have and use regularly are:
Facebook
The Weather Channel
IheartRadio (Clear Channel Radio Stations)
Sudoku
Weather Bug

I am looking for other good Free Apps, so any suggestions are welcome.

... and I don't have a mac either.
UGH!

Well there is your problem in a nutshell :rotfl2:

That's right, come over to the dark side.

Give it a week and you'll have pages off apps too :lmao:

There really are some great apps available on the iPhone, and it just looks so damn cool - I love how no two iPhone's will be the same :)

This is how mine looks at the moment:

How do you get your icons to look like that, it's really cool.

I'm part of the iPhone Borg Collective, and I've added a lot of great and FREE apps from your suggestions.

I already had a few of them on my own, but I must say I love the idea of the Bathroom Finder, aka "Have2P". :)

How do you get your icons to look like that, it's really cool.

Had to do some 'modding' to it, that I have no idea how to explain.
Then you can change the "theme" of the phone to some cool looking things, like this Wall-E theme for example:

and

EDIT double post - see what happens when i try to post not using my iPhone ;)

Here is a question for all of you iPhone users. We gave each other iPhones as Christmas gifts in December '07. I, of course, loaded all my ADR's into my calendar for our March '08 trip. We live in CMT so when we flew into Orlando it reset the phone time for one early ahead, as it should. But by doing that it shifted all of my ADR times. Any idea how to get it not to do that?

Here is a question for all of you iPhone users. We gave each other iPhones as Christmas gifts in December '07. I, of course, loaded all my ADR's into my calendar for our March '08 trip. We live in CMT so when we flew into Orlando it reset the phone time for one early ahead, as it should. But by doing that it shifted all of my ADR times. Any idea how to get it not to do that?

That's a great question, unfortunately I don't have an answer. We live in the eastern time zone, but often visit our grandchildren in the central time zone. Apparently there is a setting in the calendar to auto adjust for time zones, but its poorly documented/understood. I'd suggest looking at www.macintouch.com for the thread on this.

Just that little bit helped. I looked at the settings on my iPhone under calendars and there was a little area had Time Zone Support. I set it for Dallas and if I get there and it changes the times I will just go back in and change my Time Zone Support back to Dallas.
It had a little note that indicated if this is not turned on then it would display any calendar items in the time zone you were currently in.

Now if I can just figure out when I sync why things I entered on the calendar are not transferring to my iMac calendar. Anything I enter on the iMac transfers to the phone but not vice versa.

Just that little bit helped. I looked at the settings on my iPhone under calendars and there was a little area had Time Zone Support. I set it for Dallas and if I get there and it changes the times I will just go back in and change my Time Zone Support back to Dallas.
It had a little note that indicated if this is not turned on then it would display any calendar items in the time zone you were currently in.

Now if I can just figure out when I sync why things I entered on the calendar are not transferring to my iMac calendar. Anything I enter on the iMac transfers to the phone but not vice versa.

Glad I could help there.

I understand that one of the standard "fixes" for a sync problem is to re-set your sync prefs on the Mac. Haven't had to do that, but that's what I read.

Arrrgghh I take back my thanks for the Bejeweled 2 recommendation - it's far, far too addictive, i've literally played it all day, had to charge my iPhone twice :lmao:

If you push the on/off button and the home button quickly and release at the same time it takes a picture of whatever is on your screen. (it works on Videos - movies -music videos ) and it goes to your camera roll

I found that out by accident, helped me take those photos I posted :)

I love love love my iPhone.

I don;t have as many apps as many of you but the ones I have are:

Shazam
Carrie's Dots (my daughter and I play while waiting around)
Lightsaber(for my son)
Scribble
CheckPlease
Solitare
PacMan
Trace( my kids love this!)
Yahtzee
Flashlight
Pandora radio
Word Warp
AIM(no idea why, never used it)
Labryinth(hate it, but my kids like it)
reMovem
myLite
Blocked
Ticker Factory
Tetris

This is a FANTASTIC thread!

Learned lots about my I phone.

I only have one question...Can we manipulate Excel files on the IPhone (I know, I know Microsoft vs. Mac bad mix) but that would help my work productivity!

This is a FANTASTIC thread!

Learned lots about my I phone.

I only have one question...Can we manipulate Excel files on the IPhone (I know, I know Microsoft vs. Mac bad mix) but that would help my work productivity!

Think there's at least one app that lets you manipulate Excel files, make sure it definitely does tho as there's a lot more that simply let you view them :)

My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE APP
APP SNIPER!

It tells you any apps that have gone down in price or become free.

You can also select apps you want and it will tell you when they have gone down in price, or have been updated. It also tells you any apps that have

It saves me so much money

Just added the Kodak Gallery app and love it! I've used that site for my pictures for years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter