The How-Do-I-Write-a-PTR PTR!

Wow - thank you all so much for all the kind words!!! We are back - too soon :sad: - and had a great time! :cool1: I will start a TR at some point soon - have to get my pictures organized. I don't think it will take nearly as long as a WDW or DLR report because there is just less to report about when you are actually RELAXING occasionally! :rotfl2:

Roni-I'm so sorry that Willow gave you such a hard time right before the vacation. You know that I can relate. I even said to DH last night about her dramatic sobbing over bedtime "if she's like this now, I don't even want to see 13". And, even if you know it's because they're over-tired it doesn't make it any easiter to deal with. I hope that the Magic of Disney takes hold of her, and if not-Amandas totally right- drop her off at the kids club and get some drinks.

Can't wait to hear all about the trip, have a great time!
Thank you!

DD's behavior was less than stellar, but we still managed to have a good time. :thumbsup2 Honestly, I think we do better when it is just the two of us on vacation - when we take others, I get too stressed out about keeping everyone happy. I thought I had learned that lesson a couple of years ago....... :rotfl2:

Enjoy your cruise :love: I know I'm late.....
Thanks!!!!

I hope right now you are having an absolutely fabulous time on your cruise!:sail:

I just wanted to pop in and say I went back and read your Oct TR. it looks like an amazing trip!

Omg possible appendicitis before the trip:scared1: I'm so glad Willow was ok!

The BWV look Ah-mazing! Did you rent DVC points? I have no idea how that works but I am very curious:scratchin

Willow looked adorable after her BBB makeover! CRT looks great, I really hope one day Tessa will be interested in princesses. I love all Willow's princess dresses! I enjoyed seeing what she was wearing each day.

My kids love BTMRR too! Very fun. TOT is my favorite ride! Anthony rode it once with Chad and refuses to ride again.:sad2: I need Willow to give him a pep talk:laughing:

I love all the character pics! Precious! I love the characters but unfortunately Tessa is scared of them:sad1: Anthony likes them but will not meet girls:rotfl2: Hopefully one day I can get pics like these though!

I have to do MNSSHP one day! I love Halloween. If I ever go I'm dressing as Cruella. My DH has called me that a few times:rolleyes1:rotfl:

It looks like you had a wonderful trip! Now I am going to read about Disneyland!
That is so nice of you to go back and read the October report! We did have such a magical trip. And a possibly even MORE magical Disneyland trip!

I did rent points for the BWV. I have a friend (from an online adoption agency message board and now Facebook, actually) who is a DVC member. She brokered the entire deal for me, so it didn't seem totally scary. I would do it again though using Dave (or whatever his name is who advertises on here) - it was soooo worth it!

Roni -

I have been thinking of you & Willow on your cruise! I hope y'all are having a completely fabulous time! And I hope her attitude went away when y'all boarded the ship. :rotfl: If not, well, then I hope you found some very strong drinks while she was in the kids club. :thumbsup2
:lmao:

Can't wait to have you back & hear all about the cruise! :goodvibes
Thanks! We really did have a good time. The attitude persisted - maybe it is the second half of 5 that is not quite so great as the first half? :confused3 :rotfl: The kids club and the cocktails came in very handy! :thumbsup2

Sorry I missed your send-off, but I hope you, Willow, and your mom are having a wonderful time! :)

I really wish I was in Alaska right now, the weather here is brutal! :rotfl:
Thanks so much! We had a lovely time. And we really enjoyed the cool temps. It was a shocker to get home to the heat today! :scared:

Wow - thank you all so much for all the kind words!!! We are back - too soon :sad: - and had a great time! :cool1: I will start a TR at some point soon - have to get my pictures organized. I don't think it will take nearly as long as a WDW or DLR report because there is just less to report about when you are actually RELAXING occasionally! :rotfl2:

I'm so happy to have you back & to hear that y'all had a great time! :goodvibes You know I'll be waiting (somewhat patiently :rotfl:) for your TR. :surfweb:

Thanks! We really did have a good time. The attitude persisted - maybe it is the second half of 5 that is not quite so great as the first half? :confused3 :rotfl: The kids club and the cocktails came in very handy! :thumbsup2

Kids club & cocktails......you're reminding me why I need to keep our cruise for next May scheduled. :lmao:

I'm so happy to have you back & to hear that y'all had a great time! :goodvibes You know I'll be waiting (somewhat patiently :rotfl:) for your TR. :surfweb:

Kids club & cocktails......you're reminding me why I need to keep our cruise for next May scheduled. :lmao:
:rotfl2: I am off until Thursday, so I am hoping to start getting my pics organized this week and maybe start the TR this weekend. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I highly recommend keeping that cruise - it's worth it for the kids club and cocktails alone! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I am off until Thursday, so I am hoping to start getting my pics organized this week and maybe start the TR this weekend. :thumbsup2

Oh good....you have plenty of time then. It's not like you have laundry or anything else to catch up on. :lmao:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I highly recommend keeping that cruise - it's worth it for the kids club and cocktails alone! :rotfl2:

You're so right! I was asking Ed tonight if we should cancel our cruise. I'm just so worried that we'll miss the parks - by that I just mean myself & Reid. But, of course, we'll do at least 1 or 2 days of WDW either before or after the cruise. But, he talked me into keeping it. And I know we'll have a fantastic time. Besides, Reid constantly asks me when we're going back on the Mickey boat so I guess I can't really cancel on him. Since y'all had a great time on this cruise, y'all should book another one. Maybe May 18-25 2013 on the Fantasy. :rolleyes1

Welcome back! I'm so excited to hear all about it!

I've been thinking about relaxing on vacation, and I'm not sure I can do it. Interested to hear how you did.

Amanda, are you plotting for a giant DIS meet? We could do our own FE!!:rotfl2:

Oh good....you have plenty of time then. It's not like you have laundry or anything else to catch up on. :lmao:

You're so right! I was asking Ed tonight if we should cancel our cruise. I'm just so worried that we'll miss the parks - by that I just mean myself & Reid. But, of course, we'll do at least 1 or 2 days of WDW either before or after the cruise. But, he talked me into keeping it. And I know we'll have a fantastic time. Besides, Reid constantly asks me when we're going back on the Mickey boat so I guess I can't really cancel on him. Since y'all had a great time on this cruise, y'all should book another one. Maybe May 18-25 2013 on the Fantasy. :rolleyes1
Well, until I get the TR going, all I can say to THIS post is :rolleyes1

;)

I've been thinking about relaxing on vacation, and I'm not sure I can do it. Interested to hear how you did.

Turns out, at least for me, relaxing on vacation is a pretty good thing! :thumbsup2 And, yet, I don't feel like I got to do nearly enough relaxing. There is always somewhere to go and something to do! And I don't feel like I got to do nearly enough of the things there are to do either! :rotfl:

I am!!! Think how fun it would be! :goodvibes Is my plot working yet? :scratchin

Well, until I get the TR going, all I can say to THIS post is :rolleyes1

;)

WHAT?!? You're killing me! :rotfl:

You can PM me & Shannon if you don't want everyone to know. Just sayings all. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

By the way, while you've been gone, I've also been trying to persuade Shannon into booking on our cruise also. :rotfl:

I am!!! Think how fun it would be! :goodvibes Is my plot working yet? :scratchin

WHAT?!? You're killing me! :rotfl:

You can PM me & Shannon if you don't want everyone to know. Just sayings all. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

By the way, while you've been gone, I've also been trying to persuade Shannon into booking on our cruise also. :rotfl:
:rotfl2: You are too funny - Little Miss Suspense can't take some herself???? :rotfl2:

Let me just say that, had I known the dates you were sailing, it is very possible I would have booked to sail with you. And it is also very possible that I could not withstand the temptation of those onboard rates. ;)

:rotfl2: You are too funny - Little Miss Suspense can't take some herself???? :rotfl2:

Let me just say that, had I known the dates you were sailing, it is very possible I would have booked to sail with you. And it is also very possible that I could not withstand the temptation of those onboard rates. ;)

I hand out the suspense, I don't do well dealing with it being given to me. :rotfl2:

You know you can change your sailing dates, right? Again, just saying. :lmao:

I hand out the suspense, I don't do well dealing with it being given to me. :rotfl2:

You know you can change your sailing dates, right? Again, just saying. :lmao:

I DO know that. :rolleyes1 It actually would not be much of a date change, but it would be a pretty big destination change. ;)

BTW, are you doing WDW before or after your cruise? :scratchin

I DO know that. :rolleyes1 It actually would not be much of a date change, but it would be a pretty big destination change. ;)

Oooohhhhh......you have me very intrigued!!!

BTW, are you doing WDW before or after your cruise? :scratchin

Funny you ask that question! Ed & I have been discussing that tonight. It'll be either one of two scenarios:

1. Arrive early on the Friday & do MK & sleep @ MK. Cruise Saturday to Saturday. Go back to WDW on that Sat & do 1 more day & night there. Go home Sunday.

OR

2. Get there Thursday. Do 2 nights of WDW & then the cruise. Head straight home after getting off of the cruise.

A lot of it will just depend on Ed's job & what he has going on at the time.

You guys are cracking me up! I'm guessing that you enjoyed the cruise then? ;)

I still don't know if I'm ready to give up park time! We really can only do one big vacation per year, and I'm just now sure if I can only do a few days at WDW! I'm scared!

Is the new TR ready yet? Maybe that will help convince me....:rotfl:

Oooohhhhh......you have me very intrigued!!!
:rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Funny you ask that question! Ed & I have been discussing that tonight. It'll be either one of two scenarios:

1. Arrive early on the Friday & do MK & sleep @ MK. Cruise Saturday to Saturday. Go back to WDW on that Sat & do 1 more day & night there. Go home Sunday.

OR

2. Get there Thursday. Do 2 nights of WDW & then the cruise. Head straight home after getting off of the cruise.

A lot of it will just depend on Ed's job & what he has going on at the time.
Hmmm, well, there is a small possibility that we might overlap in Florida, but probably not. :(

:rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Hmmm, well, there is a small possibility that we might overlap in Florida, but probably not. :(

Awww man! That stinks!

That makes me think I know which cruise y'all may be booked on. But, I won't make you give away your secrets..........yet.

I still don't know if I'm ready to give up park time! We really can only do one big vacation per year, and I'm just now sure if I can only do a few days at WDW! I'm scared!

I felt exactly the same way!!! I still feel torn.

HOWEVER, I realized on this trip that this is a way for me to get to do other things with DD in a way that is fun for both of us and very safe and easy for me as an only parent. We can see other parts of the world without the stress of dragging a young child around by myself. So I am very pro-cruise now - at least for us. :thumbsup2 I will also say that I am betting that we will have a lot more fun on our next cruise - just as we had a lot more fun on our second WDW vacation. ;)

Awww man! That stinks!

That makes me think I know which cruise y'all may be booked on. But, I won't make you give away your secrets..........yet.

:rotfl2: I don't think it will be hard to guess at all, but I thank you for your discretion. ;)

And, of course, there is always the possibility that we will cancel it completely or change cruises entirely! :confused3 :rotfl:

Even tonight I was asking Ed if we were doing the right thing by doing a long cruise. I'm always so worried that I'll miss the parks. But, the cruise is terrific & you're still surrounded by Disneyness.

And......the cruise ships are a terrific place to meet characters! All the princesses line up & you can knock them out all at once. Every morning, you get a navigator in your room with everything that is going on.....including all the character meets. They even do character meets on the Disney island Castaway Cay.....and dance parties with characters. I know Maddie likes her characters....and she likes dancing! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: I don't think it will be hard to guess at all, but I thank you for your discretion. ;)

And, of course, there is always the possibility that we will cancel it completely or change cruises entirely! :confused3 :rotfl:

Well, I wouldn't cancel it but change it......maybe. Eastern....Eastern....Eastern.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter