The home of the ORIGINAL SWAN-DOLPHIN CHEERLEADERS (and SSB,too!)!!!!!!!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think you should just tell that school of Justin's that there is a VERY important conference out of town that he simply MUST attend ;)
I want to go in May and I want to go in December and I want to go in between too. And I want to even go before MAy as well.

I'm in a whiney mood.

OK, Megster got annoyed about the laptop and the router boxessitting on the kitchen counter. so she set up the router and tested it on her laptop and it's working. She doesn't know why it is "unsecured" though cuz we made up a password :confused3 So anyway then I opened the puter and it's beautiful and shiny and pretty. I wish I bought a mouse. I didn't do any regustration stuff or any of the additional software CDs. I did do teh Windows updates it prompted me to. I'm connected to the network but afraid to be on the internet without the security stuff all set first. I wish I knew how to uninstall Norton (apparently it's preinstalled but not yet enabled). The Comcast site says before downloading all their "free" (with our big monthly cable bill) McAfee security stuff, I should
"Uninstall your current Anti-Virus software
Temporarily disable all pop-up blockers
Temporarily disable your firewall
Temporarily disable any installed "download accelerator" software"
I can't figure out how to uninstall the not-enabled Norton and I hear it's hard to completely get rid of. I don't think I have a firewall to disable and I have no idea if I have pop-up blockers or downloader accelerator software and if I did I would have no idea how to temporarily disable them. And I'm too tired and Megster just rolled her eyes and walked away. She's not too freaked about security stuff. So I turned it off and came back to my desktop. Maybe tomorrow night I can call my DIL or Megster's friend's father or maybe Justin could come visit me ;)
But right now I'm off to bed!

Oh and nice to see you SSB!! How was your Christmas???

NHAnn said:
So anyway then I opened the puter and it's beautiful and shiny and pretty.
I have always found those to be very important in a new computer :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
oh Ann thanks for the laugh :rotfl: that just read soooo funny to me :teeth:

as for all that other "stuff" you just said.... I followed every word of it ;)
I can't help.... but I did follow every word :rolleyes1

and by Justin.... did you mean my Justin .... I'll ask him if he would like to drive up there and help you out :teeth:

oh oh oh I do know one thing... I disable my pop up blocker by going to "tools" on top of my page .... point to pop up blocker and the option to turn it off comes up :teeth: see, I know sumpin :teeth:

as for May, Justin does say he could miss a couple of those last days... but I didn't think it was a good idea. I'm thinking they would be preparing for those finals the next week :confused3

I'm going to keep watching air fares and wait to see what falls on my plate :teeth:

about the free McAfee from Comcast... (I wouldn't exactly call it free either Ann) anyway... I was going to get that when my "present" subscription expired a couple of weeks ago... and before I could ... my McAfee was renewed automatically and my card was charged by whoever I got it from previously. That really angered me but I didn't know how to undo it :confused3 so I paid for what I could get for free :confused3

Good morning all. I could probably make it in May - for the weekend. YAY! :)

Congrats to Savannah on driving - I remember my first time, my mother was with me and she made me nervous as heck. Maybe I needed Teri as a teacher. ;)

SSB - great pics from the hot air balloon, looks like alot of fun.

Well let me get some work done, you all stay warm - we have a cold front coming through tonight and we will be freezing tomorrow - high is to be in the mid 50's *ducking and running away* :teeth:

Gee--it's awfully quiet around here. Hello???(hellohellohello....)
Hmmph--just me and my echo.
Guess you all are having a busy day and evening.
Hope its a good one.

Mickeyfaniam said:
and by Justin.... did you mean my Justin .... I'll ask him if he would like to drive up there and help you out :teeth:
Thanks I did mean your Justin but I wouldn't want him to drive up here tonight , the roads are a mess after the "dusting to an inch" of snow that seems to measure at LEAST three inches today :rolleyes: and now it's getting really COLD and icy...so I'll just see what I can do tonight, if I stop DISing and messing around on the desktop. Oh and your tip on the pop-up thingie is appreciated-I understood your whoole post :teeth: I can call DIL but she usually finds it easier to do it herself instead of coachign me via phone...so that pretty much makes it a weekends -only situation....meanwhile I still like looking and my brand new shiny laptop and getting used to it without going ont he internet :teeth:
Oh and that auto-renewal on your CC of the McAfee would anger me too...can't you dispute it through your CC company as an "unauthorized" charge?...or at least look into before the NEXT renewal so you can notify the company billing you that you don't want/need renewal anymore.

Hi Christine! So do ya think you'll go that weekend of May 20-21? :Pinkbounc I think Megster will commit....I will have to check at work...hhmmmmm... a mini-meet in the making? ;) :teeth:

What SSbbballoon pics are we talking about...I think I missed sumpin'........

hope you all are doing well...

..and tomorrow is FRIDAY!! :teeth: Sometimes these "short" weeks seem longer than the regular weeks!!

ooohhh...Debbie...look what I found while browsing on COmcast's site... on their "security Forums" ..
"2. An update to the FAQ for switching from a paid McAfee to the Complimentary version...or correction if need be. In the forums it is suggested to Uninstall the paid version before installing the Comcast version. That is not what I understand when reading here.

If you previously purchased the McAfee products and are switching to the complimentary Comcast version, it is not necessary to uninstall your previous version of McAfee. Simply follow the instructions in this FAQ for the scenario that fits your position. Once you have registered with your Comcast.net email address, the install process will make the necessary changes to your previous version and will ensure that you end up with the correct complimentary Comcast version. However, if you run into any errors when installing over the top of a previous version of McAfee, you may want to first try uninstalling your version of McAfee products and then download/install the Comcast version. Apologies if my earlier posts contradicted the information in the FAQ but McAfee has confirmed that you can simply install the Comcast-branded version over the top of an earlier McAfee install.

3. Also mentioning for Paid users to contact McAfee to remove credit card info in the FAQ's would be helpful

If you previously purchased McAfee and have your credit card information stored online with McAfee (i.e. if you subscribe to automatic renewals) and are now switching to the complimentary Comcast version of McAfee, you will need to contact McAfee to request that your billing information be removed from their system. You can contact McAfee via Live Chat, phone (408-992-8599), Email, Fax (972-963-7485), or postal mail (McAfee, Inc; C/O Consumer Customer Service; 5000 Headquarters Drive; Plano, TX 75024). "

NHAnn said:
Hi Christine! So do ya think you'll go that weekend of May 20-21? :Pinkbounc I think Megster will commit....I will have to check at work...hhmmmmm... a mini-meet in the making? ;) :teeth:

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I'll be easy to spot that weekend, since I'll be sporting my Christmas gift from a good friend.
bestwishes_1874_957128997

Thank YOU ANN, for ALL THAT INFO!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

first of all I already downloaded the free version right over my paid version before I read your post!! YIKES!!! but all seemed to go OK... I guess :confused3 I hope :confused3
But I will use that number to make sure it doesn't happen again!!

as for yesterday Sue... I was here but it toook several attempts and after reading here I was unable to post ...busy server messages... so instead .... I went to look for SSB's balloon post.... thank you Christine for letting us know.... I'd have never known otherwise .... anyway, I found it and I was able to post on it... go figure!!
so that explains my absense ;)

and thank you again SSB for sharing your balloon experience... I do so need to do that... but after 5 weekends in a row of "no go" weather which took us into winter....we decided to wait until spring. I know looking down on all white snow could be wonderful but I really don't wish to freeze my buns off :cold: while floating .... so I will wait for the lovely springtime :goodvibes

Oh I love the earrings Gail.... they are just lovely :goodvibes

yes it is friday... :cool1: and it HAS seemed like a looooooong week !!!!!!

And Ann, where did you purchase and what did you pay for your AP? I know prices just went up and I know I have until the 10th to buy tickes at previous prices thru mousesavers but the AP wasn't listed there! So what did you pay? No I do not need the pluses... I have many pluses left on old hoppers :goodvibes

ooooooh I'm actually thinking about going down in MAY and leaving Mike and Justin home.... :rolleyes1

oooooohhhh what am I thinking.... :scratchin

tell me I'm crazy....

no tell me I'm not crazy!!

They are 17 and 20 .... they are plenty old enough!!

ooooohhhhhh what am I thinking??? Could I do it!!! First I'm thinking "what fun!!" :banana: then I'm thinking "will I be able to stop worrying?" :worried:
oh what to do? what to do?? :confused3

:banana:

:guilty:

:confused3

:cool1:

:confused3

:guilty:

:banana:

help me decide ;) what are some tentative plans? I would fly down on Frday night and fly home Tuesday so as only to miss 2 days of work. That would give me 3 whole days?

Fly on down Deb, they are PLENTY old enough. :) woohoo a mini meet!! I am more than sure I can make it that weekend. You know you want to Debbie.

Ann and Meg, get to planning. :teeth: We can have a big slumber party in Gail's room, right Gail???? ;)

Oh and you are welcome about the balloon thread, Ann do you need a link?

Man....another mini-meet...and I can't freaking go...lol...oh well! Maybe we'll have our little before you plan another one and we'll actually be able to go!

School starts back up for me next week! I'm actually looking forward to 2 of my 3 classes this round. I could care less about the algebra class...but I have to take it. But I am looking forward to my Yeast Breads class and my Cakes, Icings, and Fillings class!

We're beginning to work out some of our financial issues for the adoption! We're really hoping to send everything off sometime this year...travel would then be next year. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

I went flying last night..........we went out to eat and the mini mall parking area was sort of slippery........the fluffy dusting (almost five inches) was like wax paper on a slide ......and the ice under the fluffy stuff was unbelievable......dear hubby yelled.....be careful and it was to late.....already down.....I fell on my right side and my shoulder and hip and knee and left side of my neck.(whip lash) are so sore today......feel like an old lady......took some tylenol....but will go later to the store and get some motrin.......I think that will be better...
still over cast today and no sun beam on my floor to lay on

Love reading all the posts and pictures too......we have a hot air balloon festival each August and it is a big success here.....some of those big specialty balloons make it to Maine...the shuttle will always be one I remember cause it is the biggest ever to lift off here.......
Gail those earrings are adorable.......

Thanks! They're Swarovski crystal...my first! :)

I'm flying down Friday and coming home Tuesday as well...c'mon, Deb...you know you wanna. :bounce:

Dangit, Brandie... :( You'll have to send us your phone number, and we'll gather around a cell phone and have you with us that way. :)

Anyone else willing to take the plunge and go in May?? Lora? Milo? Re-arrange your flights in May! :teeth: SSB? Will you be around somewhere? ;) Where's John these days? I'll bet we can convince him to travel down for a few days...oh, Johhnnnnnn :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter