The home of the ORIGINAL SWAN-DOLPHIN CHEERLEADERS (and SSB,too!)!!!!!!!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Hi Cookie, Patrick, Marie...and all of you!

John - congrats to James on his college acceptance and to Sarah for getting the lead role in the school play! I never knew about the lip cancer...just shows I haven't read the CB very well in a long time. And I've even SEEN you at WDW several times the past few years, so I have no excuse!

I remember meeting just about everyone that posts here at the S/D Cheerleader reception at the Dolphin in July 2001...GREAT weekend! (I think Brandie is the only one that I've never met.) Hard to believe that was almost 4.5 years ago...how time flies!! I've been fortunate to run into most of you at least once since then.

Hi friends and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope you all are having a nice yet safe evening.

Here's hoping we ALL have a fabulous new year coming up - we deserve it.

just finished cleaning up the mess from our perpetual Christmas Party....had 21 for the last 7 hours and we had a great time.....enough food and enough family to last for a while.....I love to do it so I will not complain about being POOPED....but my poor little piggies on my feet are pooped...hahahha......

I am one of those who thinks about the ones I have met here on the dis and yes we are blessed with such wonderful internet friends....I know a majority of you all I have not met in real life......but I think of you as dear friends and like I know you already.....

My hubby is so wonderful and I am so blessed having him around for 38.7 years....having almost lost him in October brings me the tears of happiness when we are together and sharing together our families.....yup I do love that guy....

Happy New Year to all of you .....my dear friends ....May 2006 bring you and your loved ones joy, happiness, and happy days on the Dis with all of us

I just wanted to wish ya'll a very happy and healthy new year! Ya'll mean the world to me. :earsboy:

Good mornng...oops I guess it is noon already ;)
Happy New Year to all!
I came on to try to catch up and wish you all a happy new year and ended up crying at the last couple of days worth of posts and a few PMs....not so much sad tears as just emotional tears.
And add me to the list of those happy to see "old" friends here on this thread and the CB. :) Great to "see you" Patrick, Marla, Nancy! I've been extremely sad about CB events the last few months of 05. Although the DIS has always been a changing, evolving online community since I joined over 5 years ago, these most recent events have cast a real cloud over how I feel about the CB. But nothing can change how I feel about all of you on this thread...as others have said, our online and in some cases "real life" relationships have been such a blessing and a comfort. So, add me to the list of those looking forward to 2006 bringing good health and happiness to all. :grouphug:

Happy New Year!

I have no idea about whats been going on on the CB lately .... I haven't seen any of it other than this thread and I haven't seen much of that either these days :confused3

Good to see all of you here though

Good evening, all. Hope you all had a pleasant NYE and Day. Mike and I went to a party last night that a fellow nurse threw. She does it every year. I love to go, mainly because its the only night I get to dress up all year. :) She does these parties up right. Food, drink ,music and always at a nice place. It was funny, though---last night, the wait staff started taking the food up before 11:00 and she threw a fit. You should have seen that food coming back out of the kitchen. She's a 5 foot nothing ball of fire! SHe said "All of my guests aren't even here, yet--and those that are might like to eat, again. I want my food back out here, now!" I don't blame her--the place where she had this party is pricey and I'm sure she paid a small fortune for it...and then they tried to take her food 3 hrs before the party ended! There were probably 200 people there, plus, she chartered a shuttle bus, so she wouldn't have to worry about people drinking and driving. Like I said, she does her NYE party up right.

So, I've been looking at airfare to San Juan for the cruise. :scared1: It's running about $500/pp right now! If it were just Mike and me going, I would be on another ship (one that sails out of Fla), but we're going with another couple who have already done Eastern and Western Caribbean, so we chose this one so they'd have some place new to go. There is a Southern that sails out of Fla (hence, cheaper air fare), but, there are more at-sea days than there are port days and it goes to different islands (some of which they've already visited) than this cruise. So, that one was out, too. Maybe there'll be a great air fare sale this spring (I hope).

We MAY go to WDW next December, but no chance for going this spring. If we go in Dec, it will be the week before Christmas. Anyone else looking at that time frame?

good morning, I'm actually working today and Jerry has already left for work. Although I only have 3 kids and not my usual 6. This is a weird holiday, celebrating the 1st on the 2nd. :rolleyes1 All the parades and football games on today :confused3 Not that I care about football, I don't, but Jerry does. I guess those who all last week off have to work today and those who worked last week got today off :confused3 I just never realized that the 1st was being celebrated on the 2nd or I would have taken it off... too late now .... unless I just locked my door and didn't answer it :teeth:

yes, Sue we are considering next December, but the week after Christmas fits our scedules better than the week before but the week before should be better so I don't know what to do. If I were to go down in April or MAy I would have to do the week after Christmas. If I didn't go this spring, than I may be able to swing the week before Christmas. Did anyone follow that? :teeth: I work for myself ... I should do what I want .... but it doesn't work that way. People get all offended if I don't close at THEIR convenience :rolleyes1 and of course "THEIR conveniece" is 6 different conveniences b/c its 6 different families...... I can't please all of the people all of the time :confused3 so I shlould just please myself :goodvibes Sounds simple ...but than I wouldn't have much of a job :confused3

Anyway, I hope all those who haven't been feeling happy are feeling happier today. My son Jason seems to be hanging in there...doing well, all things considered. I'm sorry for my being so vague about that but its not my story to tell :confused3 and if I told his story on an internet discussion board .... he would DISown me :rolleyes1
I only mentioned it at all to explain my own unhappy mood :guilty:

better days are coming ;)

the week before should be better

Yes, it is better--the parks are not crowded and MVMCP is still going on. It's a much better week than the week after.

Did anyone follow that?

I did and that scares me.

My son Jason seems to be hanging in there...doing well, all things considered. I'm sorry for my being so vague about that but its not my story to tell and if I told his story on an internet discussion board .... he would DISown me
I only mentioned it at all to explain my own unhappy mood

Whatever it is, I hope things get better soon--for both of you.

Poohlovr said:
I did and that scares me.
Heheehe...me too (followed it) ...and it sure is a bit scarey :rotfl2:
Our first few days there were definitely less crowded than the last few, but if you plan things, get up early, and use FP, it's manageable IMHO....
And at this point I have no idea what I'm doing when. Have a Colorado trip very lightly penciled in in Oct or Nov again (when DH goes to hunt- every other year- with DB and BIL, I may go again this time andvisit with DS and SIL).

I think Teri comes home today, I look forward to hearing how the rest of her trip was and her New Years Eve and day.

So, guess what I did last night (talk about impulse purchasing!). Went to Best Buy about 10 minutes before they closed and got the last one of the lower end HP notebook puter they had on sale :teeth: Didn't even have time to buy a router, have to go back for that....not that I know what to do with it all once I have it anyhow (DD says "just plug it in" :rolleyes:. I was jsut sick of not being able to deal with my pictures on this ancient desktop with Windows98 that messes everything up all the time. SO DH said let's go for it :teeth: Merry Christmas again to me!!

NHAnn said:
Our first few days there were definitely less crowded than the last few, but if you plan things, get up early, and use FP, it's manageable IMHO....
sounds like the usual to me who only goes during the summer.... minus the heat ;)

Good morning...happy Tuesday which feels like Monday ;)
It's gray here but we are not getting the snow that is hitting Massachusetts...are you getting snow Debbie??

Hi Family....

I'm Home!!!!

I will post more later...but we had a great time for the rest of the trip. I did not post after Tuesday as I was respecting "the always kind" Ann's Post Trip Blues... :grouphug:

I will say that this year the crowds were worse than I have ever seen between Christmas and New Year's. We talked to several cast members who said that last week was record crowds. Disney was great at crowd control, though.

I rode Soarin' for you Debbie. This time in the third row and in the past had only rode in the front row. The third row was great and I could smell the fragrances much better and it felt like I was just over the trees.

Throughout the week, we did have several magical moments and these are the times that always make our trips!!! Weather was PERFECT!!!! :sunny:

George returned to work today and Savannah and I are off the mall as she rec'd. $170.00 in gift cards for Christmas...so off to Express, Gap, Old Navy and then a swing by Barnes and Noble.

Happy New Year to All!!! :sunny:

NHAnn said:
we are not getting the snow that is hitting Massachusetts...are you getting snow Debbie??
yes we are getting snow :cold:
we got snow last night.... :cold:
we're getting snow today..... :cold:
tomorrow....no snow :banana:
oh...and we're getting snow on Thursday ...
and Saturday... I think :cold:
and yes....some more snow next Monday :rolleyes1

disfanatiks said:
I rode Soarin' for you Debbie. This time in the third row and in the past had only rode in the front row. The third row was great and I could smell the fragrances much better and it felt like I was just over the trees
yay.... I rode Soarin twice and wasn't even there :banana:
funny.... somehow its just not the same :rolleyes: :teeth:

good to see you Teri and so glad you enjoyed your trip!! :wave2:

hey.... did I mention we're getting snow here???? :cold:

Mickeyfaniam said:
hey.... did I mention we're getting snow here???? :cold:

BRAGGART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Actually...I saw SNOW at Disney World on quite a few occasions!!! ;)

Forgot to mention....Savannah gave me tix to see Bon Jovi in concert in Tampa on February 18 for Christmas. Quite a surprise....Through the years I have always been a fan of Bon Jovi, specifically Jon Bon Jovi. :earseek:
I even had a cat named Jovi back in the late 80's. I am excited...but also feel a little "old" to be going.... :rotfl:

Nice gift! I can just imagine the day my boys buy me tickets to see Manilow. :rotfl: Heh...NOT!

You guys get snow - all we see is rain, rain, rain. I'd much rather it were snow. :(

C'mon, Deb - you know you want to go in May. :teeth:

:moped: :wave2:

I would rather have snow than the almost 80 degree weather we are having now. It is January and we almost have to have the air on because it is humid!! :mad:

I'd like to see some snow. We had temps in the 70s and tornados yesterday!! Yes, tornados in January!!! :confused3

C'mon, Deb - you know you want to go in May

No, she doesn't- she wants to go in December and see the Christmas decorations and go to MVMCP.

The queen has spoken. :rotfl2:

Edited to add that we have reservations for Dec 14-22. :goodvibes

Poohlovr said:
I'd like to see some snow. We had temps in the 70s and tornados yesterday!! Yes, tornados in January!!! :confused3

No, she doesn't- she wants to go in December and see the Christmas decorations and go to MVMCP.

The queen has spoken. :rotfl2:

Edited to add that we have reservations for Dec 14-22. :goodvibes
well you 2 go and argue it all out .... and when you're finished.... let me know when I'm going :rolleyes1 :teeth: :rotfl2:

Sue.... this may be a rediculous question but .... Where are you staying? :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter