The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked dinner in the QVR for 6/9 at 5:00. I will be a solo diner. I am beyond thrilled! I decide on the QVR because I wanted all the many luscious courses and didn't want to be tempted to upgrade some of the courses from the regular menu.

I did V & A about 15 years ago and we did the wine pairing. WAY too much wine for me so I will skip it this time.

Will a solo diner feel awkward? I've dined solo many times and don't have any issues with it. Although, if I'm solo, I usually read a book on my phone or Kindle and I would assume that's probably frowned upon :rolleyes1

If you've dined solo at V & A, I'd love to hear your experience!

QVR appears to be very similar to the CT, both have one seating and a similar number of courses.
Some comments based on our CT meal:
...I decide on the QVR because I wanted all the many luscious courses and didn't want to be tempted to upgrade some of the courses from the regular menu.
You may still be tempted. We were offered 3 upgrades.

...I did V & A about 15 years ago and we did the wine pairing. WAY too much wine for me so I will skip it this time.
The wine pairing was a integral part of the meal, enhancing each course. This is the purpose of any wine pairing, but this pairing seemed quite essential to fully experience the meal.

...Will a solo diner feel awkward?
Can't comment on QVR, but our party of 2 was very comfortable at CT.
Highly recommend you attempt to book CT, you will not feel awkward there.

We want to eat in the main dining room this fall, and I'm trying to estimate any extra expenses on top of the $150 -- can anyone tell me, are non-alcoholic drinks like iced tea and coffee extra, and about how much? Thanks. :) (If so, I'm sure it's not much compared to the overall, but I'm the sort that likes to know exactly what to expect!)

Soft drinks including coffee and tea (regular and iced) are included in the price of the meal and included refills.

Soft drinks including coffee and tea (regular and iced) are included in the price of the meal and included refills.
Thanks so much for the quick answer!

I've been browsing this thread and it's answered so many of my questions about allergies and the vegetarian menu and everything. It's also made me more excited to go, wish our trip wasn't in the fall!

Hey guys, I'm stuck between two things and would love suggestions!

I'm dialing down the 180+10 to zero in on making the reservation, but we're torn between the Chef's Table and the Queen Victoria's Room. We're also debating between the wine pairing or not.
Thank you for any input!

We will be dining at V&A again in several weeks. We have dined in the main dining room and the QV room (and in its previous non-staus incarnation), and prefer the main dining room (and one of its special tables). The QV room can be tranquil or a bit "noisy" depending on the few other table's worth of guests. Food-wise, there are more courses on the QV room menu. The Chef's Table? Although we have toured the space, we have declined to dine there: a hectic background, no live music from the main dining room, and a non-magical, though exclusive, atmosphere. However, others rave about it. The wine pairings (which will, on occasion, include a superb beer offering, like Chimay) can be a bit of a challenge since the multiple alcohol contents add up quickly. We have seen many a guest exit as if they had departed a local bar on New Year's Eve. One solution: split the wine pairing. Or order a nice bottle of Champagne or sparkling wine, a beverage which goes with anything. In any event, no matter where you are seated at V&A you will experience fine dining, first-class service and a sense of style.

All the best. :thumbsup2

Since QV room and chef's table are the same price go with Chef's Table. We ate at the Chef's Table 2 years ago and loved it. You get to eat in the kitchen and talk with the chef's and help customize that night's menu. You get the entire room just for your party.

We have a Chef's Table reservation in September. Despite some online pricing of 210, we were told 250pp. We picked the Chefs Table because of the louder, less fancy atmosphere. I just couldn't imagine my group having full on proper decorum for several hours in a row, and others in the room are likely having a once in a lifetime or rare special meal that I would hate to ruin. I'm a foodie so I'll love being in the kitchen and every other word out of my mouth won't be "language!" to my lovely, boisterous young adult children.

My sister & I were privileged to eat at the Chef's Table this past Sept. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed the experience. We were treated to a fabulous dinner with exquisite wine pairings. All matches were definitely made in heaven - and we didn't find the pours overly generous - actually they were just right. We left feeling very satisfied and not at all inebriated tho we are used to wine with dinner.... YMMV
If I could book it again, I would; especially considering the price is the same for the CT & QV rm. I realize we were lucky to score the reservation we did, and wouldn't hesitate to reserve a table at QV if the CT weren't available however. Alas, that was probably a once in a lifetime experience for me.
Our servers were professional and not overbearing. Two chefs made a point to converse with us personally, but everyone in the kitchen was very approachable. We were very comfortable throughout dinner - didn't feel stuffy at all.
Whichever you choose, I'm sure it will be a great dining experience.
Bon Appetite!

I'm dialing down the 180+10 to zero in on making the reservation, but we're torn between the Chef's Table and the Queen Victoria's Room. We're also debating between the wine pairing or not.
Thank you for any input!

The only problem is you may not be able to make the choice. Managing to secure an ADR for the Chef's Table is extremely difficult. I have been trying for some time and have yet to be successful. Finally, I just decided to stop putting off V&A's and have a reservation for the Queen Victoria's Room. I do hope you have more success than I have and that you are able to land the Chef's Table for your visit.

Since QV room and chef's table are the same price go with Chef's Table. We ate at the Chef's Table 2 years ago and loved it. You get to eat in the kitchen and talk with the chef's and help customize that night's menu. You get the entire room just for your party.

V&A increased prices last year although they may have grandfathered in existing reservations. CT is a bit more expensive than QVR now; maybe there's an option to do off-menu dishes, but it seemed very similar if not identical to QVR. In late Oct, I think prices were 150/225/250.

Thank you for any input!
Luckily you'll have another 180 days to decide on the wine or not.

I don't have anything to contribute beyond that....in two weeks I'll be able to weigh in on the CT! I thought I read you posting about them before...have you already done one or both? I chose the CT over QVR because I wanted to be able to relax more, feel less rushed, have the interaction with the chefs, and have a more intimate evening.

I don't have anything to contribute beyond that....in two weeks I'll be able to weigh in on the CT! I thought I read you posting about them before...have you already done one or both? I chose the CT over QVR because I wanted to be able to relax more, feel less rushed, have the interaction with the chefs, and have a more intimate evening.

Thanks! As for V&A's before, nope. I mentioned dining at a few high-end Prixe Fixe, but not V&A. That's what lead me to wondering if the CT would be an all around better option for my girlfriend and us being a younger couple. She felt uncomfortable at Per Se and Guy Savoy, worrying over utensils and being the youngest couple by a good 30 years or more vs the other tables. At Guy Savoy, it was almost like we felt out of place - we were both dressed very becoming, but other diners made us feel like we were too young to be there lol. I think CT would be more "us" only and prevent the whole out of place feel.

Last edited:
I phoned V&A yesterday to make an ADR for the main dining room for end of September or early October. I was informed that reservations were only being accepted until end of September. It was explained that in a few weeks an announcement was forthcoming about a price change and new menu for October, somehow tied in with the Food&Wine festival at Epcot. The main dining would increase from $150 to $185 pp. Reason given for not booking October is to not disappoint a potential booked guest about the price change. I decided if the October menu included exciting menu changes (in celebration of F&W), it might be worth it to book for October instead of September. The V&A CM promised to call me in a few weeks with details after they're released and she'll be asking if I want to change my booking to October. She didn't have any news about an increase in wine pairing cost. I didn't ask about QVR or Chef's Table.

Hope you come back and tell us what it was like! :)

Thanks! As for V&A's before, nope. I mentioned dining at a few high-end Prixe Fixe, but not V&A. That's what lead me to wondering if the CT would be an all around better option for a young couple. She felt uncomfortable at Per Se and Guy Savoy, worrying over utensils and being the youngest couple by a good 30 years or more vs the other tables. At Guy Savoy, it was almost like we felt out of place - we were both dressed very becoming, but other diners made us feel like we were too young to be there lol. I think CT would be more "us" only and prevent the whole out of place feel.

I think you can get the CT on the website, but not sure. It wasn't working for me, so I had to call in. You have to call V&A directly for it--the Disney dining line wouldn't do it for me. They gave me the awful advice of trying to call them in the evening, lol. Anyhow, I called right when they opened, and it was busy. They ask you to leave a number for a call back, which I did, but then I thought about it and that seemed foolish. So I called and called for 20+ minutes until someone picked up. Having the 180+10 helped as the CT was available on our last night.

I agree about the atmosphere. I'm not young (pushing 50), but my kids are 17-25, and as I mentioned above, I can't picture them in a quiet restaurant. I mean they could do it, but I know it would be uncomfortable for all and we'd always feel like we not quite fancy enough.

50gugz.jpg

As it is, we're having to buy a sports jacket for DS17 as he's more of a t-shirt kind of kid in his everyday life. Awesome that you went to Per Se. The French Laundry is on my bucket list (closer for us). :)

If you didn't call them at 180 days out, you won't have the best of luck. I don't really know how you've been "trying" for the table. If you call and there isn't availability, you get put on a wait list. If someone cancels, the reservation doesn't go back to central booking to appear online, instead it's given to whomever is on the wait list. If you're just checking online every day, that's your problem.

O.M.G....if you can swing the budget for V & A Chef's table...DO IT! we don't get to go to DW very often but EVERY TIME we have gone (7) we get the table! we know it's going to be expensive so we start saving right away and it's always just my husband and I..our special time. When you get there they ask if you have any allergies or foods you don't like and they will fix something for you. It's almost a Tapas style food serving because there are so many courses! you may think you don't like something but when they bring it out it's yummy! I love being able to watch them cook and talking to the chef's...they are always polite and informative and never mind if you have a question. The wine Somallier (sp)has been with them for years and years & even though I don't drink much wine he's always super nice to me! And yes, if you like coffee...you will LOVE the way they make theirs! you get a copy of your menu nicely presented when you are all done to take home for your memories. You WILL love it! hope you get the chance to go and have a wonderful time! Oh, and we ALWAYS BOOK 6 MONTHS TO THE DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter