The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the new price of $150/person in the main room your dinner will be $300 if you add the wine pairing for each of you that's $65/person so $130 for $430 total plus tax and tip. I think tax is 6% so including that and an 18% grat you're looking at about $540 (I rounded up a little from $537.84 tipping on top of the tax)

HTH!

Edited to add: this is all assuming there isn't an additional cost because of the time of year but since you're not on one of the two big holidays I think you'll be fine... I'm not even sure if V&A ups the price on the holidays like other locations do come to think of it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am going to V&A on December 26. Without my having to call, does anyone know if they raise their prices during the holidays since I will be there on December 26. I guess I need about $650 in case I want to add something different (or my dd wants to add something). I am not a big meat eater, would I be able to request or is there something on the MDR menu that is vegetarian? Thank you.

I am going to V&A on December 26. Without my having to call, does anyone know if they raise their prices during the holidays since I will be there on December 26. I guess I need about $650 in case I want to add something different (or my dd wants to add something). I am not a big meat eater, would I be able to request or is there something on the MDR menu that is vegetarian? Thank you.

I've never heard of the price being different outside of special dinners (e.g., Food & Wine Festival Signature Dinner, New Year's Eve). While that may extend to holidays (not sure, but I guess it's possible), since December 26 is not a holiday, I wouldn't expect there to be any difference. But calling to ask would be the safe bet. As you said, I would be more concerned about planning for the cost of any supplements you might want to order.

There is a full vegetarian menu offered. You could opt for that in its entirety or ask for a substitution for just some of the courses. They are extremely accommodating. Here's a link to a sample menu: http://www.victoria-alberts.com/pdf/vegmenuf.pdf

We always order from two distinctly separate menus: one regular and one vegetarian (with seafood).

[Note: We've had several QV room experiences and prefer the main dining room for its diplomatic "ration" of food and drink.]

All the best. :thumbsup2

I am going to make reservations in the QVR for our trip next year when my 180 day window opens next month, my question is this; my wife and I do not consume alcohol at all, do you all think we will not be looked down at from the staff or treated any differently because our choice of beverages will be soft drinks instead of wine pairings? :confused3

I am going to make reservations in the QVR for our trip next year when my 180 day window opens next month, my question is this; my wife and I do not consume alcohol at all, do you all think we will not be looked down at from the staff or treated any differently because our choice of beverages will be soft drinks instead of wine pairings? :confused3

It is not a problem. We have always seen fellow guests who only drink water or soft drinks.

Enjoy your meal.

All the best. :thumbsup2

The staff there is extremely professional. I was in so much awe when I walked in I walked past the hostess into the wrong seat (I sat in my husbands seat) and I walked in the wrong direction for the restroom. She was kind about my etiquette mess up and didn't treat me different. I was talking to my waiter about how wonderful the service is. He said they want people to have a great time and they don't want us to feel they are too stuffy and unkind. They do serve champaign at first and you can do a wine pairing. They hostess will call to confirm before hand. Just let them know you would not like alcohol. I had a few requests about my food and they were happy to help.

They also have a wonderful selection of waters, teas, etc

QV is supposed to have more courses, like the CT. I think 12-13 was the norm, where the main room has 7.

Ah okay, thanks!

I think I'm going to go QV or Chef's Table. I might stalk out the 180+10 option for the Chef's Table for two, that way we get the same food experience at a more private/relaxed atmosphere without the more formal atmosphere of the QV.

QV is supposed to have more courses, like the CT. I think 12-13 was the norm, where the main room has 7.

Unless you count bread, the base QVR/CT menu is 10 courses with the options to add a couple more (caviar service and turbot?) and/or upgrade the beef from AU to JP.

I booked the QVR for my DH and I's anniversary trip. We've been buying Disney gift cards, and I wanted to know if V&As accepts them? Or, would you be able to charge the meal to your MB? We are staying at OKW if that makes a difference.

TIA

We ate in the main dining room last night. We did the upgraded true Kobe beef, Australian Kobe, wild turbot and the white truffles and it was worth the extra money! Great experience!

I have a reservation for this but I just saw that it's not recommended for younger children. Our kid is 5. This is something of an extreme bummer. Should I cancel?

Regarding alcohol -- My husband orders the wine pairing and I have ice tea. Never any problems and never felt anything but wonderful at V&A.

Regarding 5 Year Old -- V&A's is definitely not a restaurant for a five year old. This is absolutely a grown-up restaurant. Maybe you could get a babysitter or have a friend look after your child while you enjoy V&A's. I love children, love Disney, love having dinner with children at Disney but do think children at V&A's would be appropriate no matter how well behaved they were.

IWannaBuildASnowman said:
I have a reservation for this but I just saw that it's not recommended for younger children. Our kid is 5. This is something of an extreme bummer. Should I cancel?

It isn't just not recommended. They don't allow anyone under the age of 10. It is what it is. Get a babysitter and have a blast.

We ate in the main dining room last night. We did the upgraded true Kobe beef, Australian Kobe, wild turbot and the white truffles and it was worth the extra money! Great experience!

I am taking my dd there on December 26 and may do the same. Would you mind either PM'img me or letting us know how much your bill was at the end of the night. Did you do the wine pairing? Did you drink?
I would please love to know since I am trying to do this all cash.
Thank you.

I booked the QVR for my DH and I's anniversary trip. We've been buying Disney gift cards, and I wanted to know if V&As accepts them? Or, would you be able to charge the meal to your MB? We are staying at OKW if that makes a difference.

TIA

You can charge the meal to your Magic Band and it will be on your resort room bill. I've never used a Disney gift card there, but I would imagine they're accepted. From that standpoint, V&A is no different from any other Disney resort restaurant.

Yes, you can use a Disney Gift Card. I've done it with no issues.

Jill in CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter