The Ever Changing Resort PTR, June 2016...Completed!

The Nemo show scheduling got me too, as I had originally planned around the 6pm show for our AK day too! They are now showing times of 5:00 and 7:00 instead of 6:00, so we're planning on trying for 7:00pm. So frustrating! I tried to schedule our EE FP+ for as late as I could get and couldn't get any later than 7:05-8:05. Since it corresponds pretty well with the Jungle Book show start time, I'm wondering if they are planning to not run Everest during the show. They may be giving themselves time to clear everyone out by stopping FP+ distribution a little bit before the first show time. Many folks have brought up the possibility of screams from Everest messing up any show they try to do there.

Hope your MBs come soon!!
Glad you were able to fit it in the schedule. I just gave up. Maybe next June....

I've heard the speculation on EE but really hope it isn't true. I've heard EE at night is great. However, if so, we do have our plan in place and I might try for a tad later on KS, though we'll need to be done in time to get lined up for the second JB show. I'll be watching to see how all this plays out days before the trip, as I'm sure you will as well!

MBs arrived today, yay! I'll post an update with them tomorrow!

Hi there, hope you had a great Mother's Day! Can't wait to see your special MB's :goodvibes
So glad you got the JB show times early enough to redo your schedule, even though it had to be a pain in the butt. I need to take a look at Kenny's site to see what the times are for the show - I'm REALLY hopeing they're still running it in Nov. since I love JB so much! Not that I don't want to see RoL but I got excited when I saw they were "filling in" with this show. I hope it's great and you enjoy it!
I wonder why they may not run EE during the show? It's not like the noise of the ride should effect anything......it does sound reasonable that they may want to try clearing the park a bit before the first show......but who really knows why they do anything these days lol??

Hi there, hope you had a great Mother's Day! Can't wait to see your special MB's :goodvibes
So glad you got the JB show times early enough to redo your schedule, even though it had to be a pain in the butt. I need to take a look at Kenny's site to see what the times are for the show - I'm REALLY hopeing they're still running it in Nov. since I love JB so much! Not that I don't want to see RoL but I got excited when I saw they were "filling in" with this show. I hope it's great and you enjoy it!
I wonder why they may not run EE during the show? It's not like the noise of the ride should effect anything......it does sound reasonable that they may want to try clearing the park a bit before the first show......but who really knows why they do anything these days lol??
Thank you! I hope you had a wonderful Momma's Day, too! :)

Yes, I'm so happy to have the times. Just one unsure thing to cross off the list. Still waiting on FEA and to find out about EE at night. I thought Soarin was off the list but really, with all the pre-opening speculation, it's back on the list! Oh and SW fireworks! Is that it?? Lol

With Disney's timeframe, I think you have a great shot at JB in November. Haha. I'm hoping by June 2017, we will finally get ROL!

I truly don't know what is going on with EE but it's annoying! Just give us some info so we can plan. I have so many alternate plans in place.

Special MBs coming up!

MagicBands, Luggage Tags, and My New Hat

So our MBs and tags arrived yesterday. I won't keep you in suspense:image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Red for me, blue for AJ, grey for Dad, purple for Mom, green for Will.

I mentioned that I had some special MBs for AJ and me. My SIL gave me a $50 Disney gift card for Christmas so that's what I used it for. Will doesn't need one so I decided to hold off on him. Here ya go:image.jpeg
Villains for me, Castle for AJ. I doubt I ever wear the red one because the Villains one is just so magnificent! :)

Oh and I got an Amazon delivery with some battery operated lights and this Buggy Brites thing for the rented stroller, along with some foot soak for my tired Disney feet:
image.jpeg

And last but not least, Mom ordered some shirts from Disney so I had her get me a hat:
image.jpeg

She also got the boys an autograph book because we had to spend like $7 more for free shipping. But, I'm gonna be honest, I don't like it. It's too flimsy. I either want one where the characters can sign one side and I put pictures with the character and boys on the other side, or use the Disney Jr encyclopedia of characters. I don't know. Any ideas??

So that's about it for today. 25 days y'all!! I hope it flies by. I'm off today to go to Muffins with Mom at AJ's preschool, then we are going to Target to get $150 in Disney gc so I can purchase Memory Maker. Back to work tomorrow for 11 more days with students, then 2 more post-planning days then Summer Break! I'll have a week between the start of Sumner Break and when we leave for the trip. Will have to do some shopping, get my Disney mani/pedi and pack that week.

Oh my! It will be here before we know it!

Thanks, in advance for reading!

Last edited:

That hat is ADORABLE! And the villains MB is the best! I love the villains.........
We do Muffins with Moms, too :) And Donuts with Dads, and a Grandparents breakfast.

When we used to do autographs all the time we never used the encyclopedia, although I think that's a cute idea. I did always prefer the autograph books where you can put a picture across from the signature, though. The only thing is there aren't as many pages in them as in the plain books so you end up either having to but a 2nd book, or having to not get as many autographs.......Disney decisions lol!

That hat is ADORABLE! And the villains MB is the best! I love the villains.........
Me, too! I so want to do Club Villain!
We do Muffins with Moms, too :) And Donuts with Dads, and a Grandparents breakfast.
Yep, we get all those, too! :)

When we used to do autographs all the time we never used the encyclopedia, although I think that's a cute idea. I did always prefer the autograph books where you can put a picture across from the signature, though. The only thing is there aren't as many pages in them as in the plain books so you end up either having to but a 2nd book, or having to not get as many autographs.......Disney decisions lol!
I really like the encyclopedia idea but I also really like the picture of the boys with the character idea. Ugh. What to do....

So glad you finally got your MB's! We got our first set on Saturday, and then our second set came on Monday. Makes it seem so real, and one of my boys wanted to start wearing his right away! :D I've got so much to do these last 24 days, I'm kind of starting to panic a little bit. My time is getting somewhat scarce....I'm going to be the new Treasurer for our PTA next year, and there is a steep learning curve and lots to do right now, what did I get myself in to??!! o_O

Oh, just wanted to offer up an idea for character autographs. We don't do them ourselves *gasp* but our family friends who went with us 8 years ago on our first trip did something different than an autograph book. She brought sharpies and blank (non-lined) notecards for characters to sign. That way when they got home, she could make her own book with the autograph plus pictures she took of the kids meeting and interacting with the characters.

You're so close to being done with school, hurray!!!! :cool1: Our kids go until Friday, June 3, but then they get to wake up bright and early the next day for our 7am flight to WDW!!! :cheer2:

So glad you finally got your MB's! We got our first set on Saturday, and then our second set came on Monday. Makes it seem so real, and one of my boys wanted to start wearing his right away! :D I've got so much to do these last 24 days, I'm kind of starting to panic a little bit. My time is getting somewhat scarce....I'm going to be the new Treasurer for our PTA next year, and there is a steep learning curve and lots to do right now, what did I get myself in to??!! o_O

Oh, just wanted to offer up an idea for character autographs. We don't do them ourselves *gasp* but our family friends who went with us 8 years ago on our first trip did something different than an autograph book. She brought sharpies and blank (non-lined) notecards for characters to sign. That way when they got home, she could make her own book with the autograph plus pictures she took of the kids meeting and interacting with the characters.

You're so close to being done with school, hurray!!!! :cool1: Our kids go until Friday, June 3, but then they get to wake up bright and early the next day for our 7am flight to WDW!!! :cheer2:
Yay on MBs! Congrats and good luck on the PTA position! @ariane37 is part of PTA so maybe she can give you some clues!

Thanks for the autograph advice. I may try that.

Yes, I can't believe the school year is almost over. It is dragging by though. I was glad to have a day off yesterday. We went to Target after Muffins with Mom and got the gift cards plus bought some Nemo tanks for the boys and all of our travel sized toiletries! I purchased Memory Maker today!

Wow on the end of school year/straight to Disney weekend! I had to have a week between. But it works out anyway because I wouldn't want to go Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks for reading!

Wow on the end of school year/straight to Disney weekend! I had to have a week between. But it works out anyway because I wouldn't want to go Memorial Day weekend.

Yep, we are crazy! I think the earliest we've ever left is on Tuesday after school gets out on the Friday before. We were originally just leaving on Sunday, but it was cheaper to take an early flight on Saturday and stay the night at CBR than it was to fly on Sunday. So we added that 1 night stay at the beginning of our trip. The good thing is that Saturday is just a resort day to enjoy our one day at CBR; then we'll hit the parks on Sunday.

Yep, we are crazy! I think the earliest we've ever left is on Tuesday after school gets out on the Friday before. We were originally just leaving on Sunday, but it was cheaper to take an early flight on Saturday and stay the night at CBR than it was to fly on Sunday. So we added that 1 night stay at the beginning of our trip. The good thing is that Saturday is just a resort day to enjoy our one day at CBR; then we'll hit the parks on Sunday.
Well at least you will have a day to get acclimated. I would definitely go earlier if it were cheaper!

Ok, I need to back away from Hot Topic...

The SW shirt I wanted was back in stock in my size, so I just ordered:
sw anh tank.jpg

I almost ordered more because I rationalized that if I was spending 4.99 for shipping....but then I decided to be good and just get the one. Then I realized I had a $5 reward so guess what...that covered the shipping!

Awesome magic bands! I finally caught up over here :) And you may have convinced me to get a Touring Plans subscription 7 days out :P I don't know if we'll use it, but I'll take anything to bridge the gap until we get there. Plus, I've got a potential February trip to plan :)

And I'm glad I'm so close to the trip in some ways - no time for these tanks to get shipped to me! I love all of them, and I definitely don't have enough Disney money to go around :P I may have to see about the Winnie the Pooh one soon though - he's my favorite :)

Good luck with the rest of the school year! We're done now thankfully (yay University scheduling), but it can be kind of a long haul the last little bit.

Ok, I need to back away from Hot Topic...

The SW shirt I wanted was back in stock in my size, so I just ordered:
View attachment 167809

I almost ordered more because I rationalized that if I was spending 4.99 for shipping....but then I decided to be good and just get the one. Then I realized I had a $5 reward so guess what...that covered the shipping!
I have that same one! I wore it for SWW 2014 :-)

I'm glad you got the SW tank top you wanted! Yay!
I love your special Magic Bands! They are really awesome! Do they have the same shelf life as regular magic bands? i.e. they expire within a year or so? That's what someone told me. I've never re-used a band. But I've never bought a band either. Lots of people were looking for the BB-8 band at DHS, but they were really hard to find (like the cup!).

I'm glad you got the SW tank top you wanted! Yay!
I love your special Magic Bands! They are really awesome! Do they have the same shelf life as regular magic bands? i.e. they expire within a year or so? That's what someone told me. I've never re-used a band. But I've never bought a band either. Lots of people were looking for the BB-8 band at DHS, but they were really hard to find (like the cup!).
I think they probably have the same shelf life but I've actually found here on the Dis that the short range stuff is good for basically forever (opening doors, using for park tickets and FP). Its just the long range stuff (getting ride photos) where the battery is used. I've read here they last about 2 years. We have a trip planned for this June and next June, but then we are taking a break for a couple years (unless I get my hubby Disney addicted...lol) so I'm assuming it will work for these two trips but probably not after that (as far as ride photos).

Stopping by to say hello!

So I did a trial run with one of my skorts today! It was Field Day at school and I wore the blue one and I loved it! It felt like I barely had anything on it was so comfortable! I'm very confident I made great choices with the skorts! A friend did mention Walmart has some for $9 but I'm not sure of the quality. They do have a khaki one, so I might check it out. But right now I'm happy with my 4 from Academy!

I also ran by Walmart this week to pick up a new iPad (my youngest keeps trying to take the iPad from my oldest so I just decided to get me a new one and give my youngest my old one) so I went to the camping section and grabbed some LED glow sticks and iCool towels, as well as Gold Bond Friction Defense (think BodyGlide) from the personal hygiene section.

I got my boys a few tanks from Target. Two are Mickey but one is Nemo. Here's the back and then the front:
image.jpeg

Excited that Disney extended June MK hours today. I'd prefer midnight but honestly, who knows if we will even make it to 11 with my two under 5! They are having two showings of CtM and MSEP. I'd love to shoot for the second showings but I want to make sure my kids are awake to enjoy them!

Still waiting on DHS extended hours.

We leave 3 weeks from today! Oh and I found out one of my ex-boyfriends and his family with be at Disney at the same time as us AND they have the exact same park days as us. One - no bigger, I found out bc we are FB friends and two - we probably won't even see each other. But seriously, what are the odds??

Have a great weekend!

We leave 3 weeks from today! Oh and I found out one of my ex-boyfriends and his family with be at Disney at the same time as us AND they have the exact same park days as us. One - no bigger, I found out bc we are FB friends and two - we probably won't even see each other. But seriously, what are the odds??

Have a great weekend!

Wow, that is crazy! That reminds me that, with our changed MK plans, we now share another park day with you - 6/8 at Epcot and 6/9 at MK.

Love the Nemo tanks! I need to get to packing... Hope these last couple of weeks of the school year fly by for you!

Wow, that is crazy! That reminds me that, with our changed MK plans, we now share another park day with you - 6/8 at Epcot and 6/9 at MK.

Love the Nemo tanks! I need to get to packing... Hope these last couple of weeks of the school year fly by for you!
That's great! I hope we can have a mini-meet up for a photo!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter